S9m3h74 Holiday01 thebigjra
1. A reporter “punked” Greg Popovich after a Spurs loss last week. Not really that funny, but it leads to me this point: What the heck happened to the Spurs and Pistons? Did everyone else realize how far these teams have fallen off? The Pistons are really not very good, and the Spurs seem very old and slow, although losing Manu certainly hurt.
2. Speaking of the Pistons, and that horrendous Billups for Iverson deal earlier this year, ABC decided to have a little fun with that trade over the weekend.
3. People often forget that Muhammed Ali is not the only heavyweight boxing champ from Kentucky. Greg Page also held the title in 1984. Yesterday, Page died at the age of 50 at his home in Louisville. He had been severly injured during a fight in 2001, which led to a stroke.
4. There is a reason that Family Guy is one of the funniest shows on television, and Sunday night had a great, 17-second segment. Ain’t no beating around the bush on this one.
5. I am not a huge NASCAR fan, but the finish of last weekends race was AMAZING. Huge wreck, cars going into the fence, debris flying into the crowd. And best of all, a tribute to Talladega Nights, with a driver getting out of his car and running across the finish line.