Well, our buddy BTI claims that he’s off doing charity work or something, but I’m pretty sure he’s just battling a vicious tummy ache from pounding all of those strawberry daquiris during the Hilltoppers’ upset of Illinois last night. Either way, he isn’t able to join us today. Don’t riot, though. He’ll be back on Monday.
Without further ado, your Picks to Click…
Sweet Sixteen rundown:
Lexington Catholic over Bowling Green 70-62
Covington Holmes over Christian County 72-61
Shelby Valley over Mason County 51-44
Elliott County over Anderson County 74-61
Today’s Elite Eight games:
W. Jessamine vs. Grayson County (noon)
Central vs. Eastern (1:30)
Lexington Catholic vs. Holmes (6:30)
Shelby Valley vs. Elliott County (8:00)
– One of the greatest inventions of my lifetime, CBS Sports’ Boss Button, gets a bit of a makeover for the tournament this year.
– Congratulations to auscar20 1, who leads the KSR Bracket Challenge right now after a perfect day yesterday. There are 21 people tied for second, including my roommate who is awake for about 4 hours a day. That’s frustrating.
– Forbes ranks UK as the second-most valuable college basketball program. That one school that Jordan went to was first for the second year in a row and the Cats were just ahead of the Filthy Cards and Indiana.
– Scott County big man Richie Phares decided to walk-on at Louisville. He also had an offer from UK to do the same.
– The UK women advanced in the WNIT by beating Chattanooga in overtime. They take the court again Sunday against Wisconsin.
– If you’ve got that bloggin’ feelin’, Kige will be Live Blogging the tournament today starting at 11 am.
– And, finally, I know Spring Break is here or on its way for all you kiddoes out there. Just remember to go easy on the video games. They might make you go blind.