KY High School State Tournament schedule
#2 Elliott County vs East Carter (at East Carter, 62nd district, 16th region)
#5 Holmes vs Covington Holy Cross (at Covington Holy Cross, 35th district, 9th region)
#12 Clark County vs Paris (at Bourbon County, 40th district, 10th region)
#14 Bryan Station vs Henry Clay (at Henry Clay, 42nd district, 11th region)
#15 Franklin County vs Frankfort (at Frankfort, 41st district, 11th region)
#17 Christian County vs Hopkinsville (at Christian County, 8th district, 2nd region)
#1 Scott County 111, Sayre 41
#9 Mason County 94, Augusta 31
#11 Corbin 81, Williamsburg 49
1. Here is another mock bracket, this time from CNNSI. It has the Cats slotted as an 8 seed against Boston College, with a possible matchup with Pitt in the 2nd round. IMO, the Cats really need to hope for a 7 or 10 seed to try and avoid the #1 seeds. I can’t imagine them being able to beat UNC, Pitt, or UCONN, and Oklahoma would be nearly impossible. But, a matchup against Michigan St., Louisville, Memphis, or Duke, and I say the Cats at least have a shot.
2. The baseball Cats, 19th ranked, did pretty well this weekend in their opening season tournament, as long as they didn’t have to face Coastal Carolina. The Cats went 2-0 against other competition and 0-2 against 22nd ranked CCU. Now the Cats get 10 straight games at home before starting SEC play.
3. So, what are the Top 12 jobs in college football? One-third of them are SEC jobs. But, the most glaring thing I learned from this article was this: the Ohio State football program brought in $117,000,000-plus last year!!! Imagine if that activist-nut job had asked Tressel about his salary. Tressel would have had reason to throw a knife at the man.
4. For those of you who remember the “Boom Goes the Dynamite” kid, his fame just continues to grow and grow. He got a mention during the freaking Oscars.
5. Just to prove how pointless and overblown the NFL Scouting Combine is, check out this poor quality video of Tom Brady from the 2000 version. I feel a 40-yard dash between Matt Jones and Tom Brady would be pretty damn close, with Matt’s hair pulling it out in the end.