1. Pat Forde is always good to mention UK and UL is his weekly articles. And, he doesn’t disapoint, throwing out the compliments for both teams in this weeks Forde Minutes.
2. Indiana travels to Minnesota tonight, forcing UK fans to pick sides for two teams that they dislike. Personally, UK fans that hate the Golden Gophers are being childish. You should only wish the best for Tubby, and I hope they crush the Hoosiers tonight (but that aint gonna happen). In his article today, Rick Bozich discusses whether Tubby is better suited as the coach of UM than UK.
3. One thing Cats fans have got to agree on is this team is gonna have ugly stretches in every game this year. There are gonna be 5 minute droughts and forced shots all the time. But, it seems the Cats have cut down on the total number of these streches per game, and it seems Billy Gillispie agrees.
4. If you wanna see one of the best women’s teams in the country and hands down the best player in the country Candace Parker, head down to Memorial Coliseum tonight, when the Cats take on Tennessee. UK is 2-0 in conference this year and remember they beat the Lady Vols two years ago in Rupp.
5. In college, this is what I used to do. I worked at the school’s TV station and did sportscasts once or twice a week. So, I can sympathize with this guy, who was doing this for his first time. But, seriously, take it from me, if you can read, then you can do this without embarassing yourself. This guy can also take solace in knowing he can never be as bad as the “Boom Goes the Dynamite” guy.
6. Remember Brandi Chastain? She was the marginally good looking US soccer player who ripped off her shirt after winning the World Cup. Well, now her famous act has people like Kevin Garnett demanding she do it in everything after victory.
7. A couple things concerning Jon Hood. First is a interview transcript between Hood and Jody Demling after Hood’s 24 point performance in the first round of the LIT. The second is a 2-minute video of Hood and Scotty Hopson’s game last week.