Before we get into the links today, lets take a little KSR Questionnaire. Make sure you number your answers and put your name on the top RIGHT side of your paper. BTI answers in parentheses.
(1) Did Jodie Meeks have the greatest single game performance in UK history? (I say no, I still give it to Jack Givens 41 points in an NCAA title game because of sheer significance. Jodie ranks 2nd though)
(2) Take away Meeks. Did you think UK played well last night? (I say YES, besides poor defensive rebounding in the 1st half and a couple shaky minutes in the 2nd, I thought the entire team played pretty darn well)
(3) Is UK now the SEC Favorite? (This is a gimmie)
(4) Who is the best player on UK’s team? (Follow me here. I still say Patterson is the best player. But UK is just not very good at running the offense through him or feeding him the ball consistently, so Jodie has become the main focus of the offense. But for pure ability, I still say Patterson. If you saw that split of the doubleteam and dunk in the 1st half, you can see why?)
(5) Which scenario would you rather want: Jodie continues to tear it up and leaves for the NBA, Jodie cools down some and stays for his senior year? (I say cool down and stay)
(6) Would do you rather want: Jodie Meeks or Stephen Curry (I say Meeks by an eyelash. Curry is a substantially better passer, BUT Jodie is a MUCH better contested shooter, is quicker in the open floor, and I think is a better finisher around the basket. But I think you might have your 2 All-American guards right there.)
(7) What do Meeks and Patterson need to score per game for this team to be REALLY sucessful? (I go with 45 ppg.)
(8) Meeks, retired jersey? (If he stays for senior year, YES. If he leaves, NO)
Alright kids, you need to get 6 out of 8 correct (meaning agree with me) to pass this test. After you finish, you now can look at some links:
1. Oh, that Joe Lunardi, he is so witty. After matching UK up with Marquette in his Bracketology last week, he now has bumped the Cats up 2 seeds to 9, but paired them with Minnesota, who reportedly has a decent coach with UK ties. Why not just put them up against Louisville, Joe? That’s next week I guess.
2. So, who do you think is Kentucky’s (the state) Sportsman of the Year? The Herald-Leader is allowing you to vote. My pick: Kenny Perry, the only Top on the list.