1. For those of you who indulge in a little of the sports betting (KSR does not approve of any illegal gambling), it would be wise to avoid the UK Basketball team, or at least bet against the Cats, because so far this season Kentucky is 2-7-1 against the spread. Here is the game-by-game spread for “UofK”(I am trying to fix this) so far this season. And here are the standings in the SEC against the spread:
Ole Miss 6-4
South Carolina 6-5
Mississippi St. 6-6
So, the West half of the division is bad against the spread, especially LSU. What stands out to me the most is how many games had no spread because they were too much of a mismatch. Tough scheduling has not been the SEC’s M.O. this season.
2. Here is the link to the Billy Gillispie interview yesterday on 1570thezone. Much of the interview was targeted towards the injuries, but there is also talk of Gillispie’s feelings on struggling his first season.
3. Some have suggested that due to the many injuries Kentucky basketball players have sustained this year, that Coach Gillispie may need to back off his high energy practices. But, after looking at this article from the Herald-Leader, I doubt that will happen.
4. Story in the Courier-Journal today about Vandy big man Andrew Ogilvy. Should be a great matchup this weekend with Patterson. If foul trouble does not become a problem, I say both guys score at least 20 points. So while it may seem like a big matchup, it will probably just be a scoring wash.
5. Article on Patrick Patterson and how is handling the heat from the fanbase in just his first year in Lexington. Although, PP probably shouldn’t be taking any heat.
6. Rick Majerus ain’t in Utah anymore, and clearly he has a slight downgrade in talent in Saint Louis.
7. Remember the name Earl Bennett because if he doesn’t become a NFL star wide reciever, he will be one of those guys 20 years down the road you will say “Remember Earl Bennett at Vandy, now that guy could play. Too bad he played for Vandy.” Anyway, Bennett made himself eligible for the draft yesterday, ending the college career of statistically the greatest SEC wide reciever in history. Remember that UK could have had Earl Bennett except they wanted him to play another position.
8. Please, dear God, make this weekends NFL games better than last. I only have one eyeball left after scratching the other out during the Chargers-Titans game. This weekends game actually have potential, outside of Packers-Seahawks. Just to get the juices flowing, here are the 10 greatest finishes in NFL Playoff history.