1. Quickly, lets update the BTITW. Things continue to get somewhat better, although the team as a whole is still FAR too high in turnovers per game.
Overall Turnovers: Individual (National Rank Listed)
25. Jodie Meeks (36 turnovers/16 assists)
30. Deandre Liggins (35 turnovers/37 assists)
168. Michael Porter (26 turnovers/23 assists)
386. Perry Stevenson (21 turnovers/16 assists)
Turnovers per Game: Team
1. Arkansas-Pine Bluff: 24.1 TO’s per game
2. Cal St. Northridge: 21.3 TO’s per game
3. Northwestern St.: 21.0 TO’s per game
4. Kentucky: 20.5 TO’s per game
5. Indiana: 20.1 TO’s per game
Once again, I understand that assist/turnover ratio is a better judge, but those stats are not available for people this low on the national rankings. FYI, Deleware St. is the only other school that has multiple players in the Top 30, and they actually have 3 guys in the Top 20.
2. Now, lets also take a look at our conference rankings for the past week. The Big 10 and Big 12 switch spots for a second straight week, and the SEC has officially dropped to last after a bad week and a suprisingly good week for the Pac-10.
This week: 11-2, Overall record: 86-18, vs BCS schools: 19-12
Best Team (RPI): Clemson (2)
Worst Team (RPI): NC State (191)
Comments: Another solid week, but lost only game vs BCS school (Va Tech versus Georgia)
(2) Big East
This Week: 17-6, Overall Record: 115-26, vs BCS schools: 14-12
Best Team (RPI): Pittsburgh (5)
Worst Team (RPI): South Florida (206)
Comments: Lost both BCS games this week, bottom of conference still VERY weak, losing ground on ACC
(3) Big 10
This Week: 15-1, Overall Record: 82-19, vs BCS schools: 15-14
Best Team (RPI): Ohio St. (7)
Worst Team (RPI): Purdue (123)
Comments: Very good week, Indiana loss to Kentucky only blemish, Ohio St. may win this conference
(4) Big 12
This Week: 11-5, Overall Record: 84-22, vs BCS schools: 14-13
Best Team (RPI): Oklahoma (6)
Worst Team (RPI): Colorado (212)
Comments: Less than sparkling week, Kansas chokes away game but Texas gets big win over Villanova
This Week: 9-2, Overall Record: 57-26, vs BCS schools: 9-16
Best Team (RPI): California (15)
Worst Team (RPI): Oregon St. (313)
Comments: Won both games vs BCS schools, League still isn’t even close to Big 12 and probably has NO Final Four contenders
This Week: 7-4, Overall Record: 73-28, vs BCS schools: 6-12
Best Team (RPI): Tennessee (44)
Worst Team (RPI): Mississippi St. (199)
Comments: League has 16 losses against non-BCS schools, most of which are embarassing, league will be extrememly competitive because everyone is mediocre
3. You know who is living the life right now: JB Holmes. Here is what JB did this weekend. He played in a non-PGA Tour event. He had a partner, meaning he didn’t have all the pressure on him. He didn’t win the tournament, finishing second instead. He took home a paycheck for $230,000. Can you imagine on this website if the guy was was voted second in the Favorite Blogger contest, who also didn’t actually write all his posts, received an obscene amount of money. But seriously, congrats to JB. Next step: win a major. By the way, Kenny Perry (WKU) took home the title, once again showing us Tops are just superior.
4. Looks like it us up to the men to take down the Cards, after the overmatched women fell by 16 at Freedom Hall. I was there, and even though she is a Card, you HAVE to go see Angel McCoughtry play. It is really amazing to see. Better than soccer.
6. As we all get prepared for the Christmas work party, keep an eye out for these 10 people who will inevitably show up at the bash.