1. I’ll be honest: I’ve been just as hard on Michael Porter as anyone, besides that guy who wished Porter would break his leg. I dont think he should be starting, not so much for the turnovers (which seems to be everybody’s problem), but that he never initiates a smooth-looking offense. But, we should probably lay off him some because he tries as hard as he can and Gillispie keeps putting him in the game. It’s not his fault that he is being put into a situation to fail. But, this Courier-Journal article says that Porter hears his critics and hopes to improve drastically.
2. Another guy who has taken alot of early season criticism is Patrick Patterson. I am not in the club that thinks he lacks explosiveness on the offensive end. I just think his touches are WAY down. He is still shooting 60% from the floor and averaging over 7 boards. I more worry about the fact that UK seems to really struggle to feed him the ball, and their second option is Jodie Meeks firing up a shot. Nonetheless, Patterson says he is shaking off some rust in this Herald-Leader article.
3. It’s NEVER too early to look at the RPI, so lets do that today. UK is currently 196th in the standings, but that still puts them ahead of Georgia and Arkansas. So for you calling for Billy G’s head and calling for John Pelphrey, suck on that. OK, I get that the RPI is pointless at this point in the year, just trying to give you one more thing to look at.
4. So, you think UK is making some real progress is the football program. I would agree with that. But still, depsite the fact that the Cats are probably bringing in their best class ever, they still only rank 10th in the SEC, according the scout.com. Don’t fret though, Louisville ranks 75th nationally and 7th in the Big East alone. Realize too that UL’s lone 4-star recruit ALREADY PLAYS FOR THEM, meaning the Cards are going down and going down fast. So screw you Tom Jurich!!!!
6. Here’s a pretty fun “musical” quiz about sports television theme songs. Not too difficult, but still fun to try. I got 10 out of 11.