Ronald McDonald is ALWAYS watching!!!!
1. 4 shots. I will bet anyone 100 dollars that Tyler Hansborough, Stephen Curry, Darren Collison, or any other All-American player will NEVER get 4 or less shots in any game this season (barring injury). Nonetheless, that’s what Patterson got on Friday. Billy Gillispie says you can expect him to get quite a few more tonight. I say give Patterson 30 shots and Meeks 30 shots and Porter 1 shot and take our chances. (SARCASM!!!)
2. The Lady Cats got their first win, taking down Bob Huggin’s dreaded Cinci Bearcats. Coach Matthew Mitchell says containing Danny Fortson and Nick Van Exel was the key.
3. I heard a very interesting point on sports radio yesterday from a UK fan: The best thing to ever happen to Steve Kragthorpe was Billy Gillispie. UK’s stunning loss has taken attention away from the dumpster fire that is the UL football program and put the spotlight on UK. As Mary Story writes, the VMI loss also has taken some attention away from a very disappointing loss for Rich Brooks.
4. Is there a more baffling loss in college football than this: Ole Mis 31, Florida 30? Since that game, the Gators have won games by scores of 38-7, 51-21, 63-5, 49-10, 42-14, and 56-6. So the closest game in that time span was 28 points!! They have scored more points than any team in the SEC, they have given up the fewest. I truly don’t see Alabama getting within 14 points of Florida. Your thoughts on what should be a very exciting SEC Championship?
5. Don’t think UK is the only team that has an embarassing loss on it’s resume already this year. Georgia lost to Loyola(IL) by 21 at home! And Alabama lost to Mercer by 3. If Billy G has the same fate facing Dennis Felton and Mark Gottfried, then we are seeing the last season for Coach G.
6. NBA Recap:
Chuck Hayes with 4 points, 6 boards in Rockets loss