Not a whole lot to give ya today on the UK front. A couple stories with Gillispie quotes, but overall a UL loss hangover on the media it seems. On to the couple links for the day:
Daily RPI Report: 213 (on the move up, somehow?)
1. It’s Baseball Hall of Fame Voting Day, and it seems this would be a good distraction from the whole Clemens-Pinnochio thing going on right now. That is until you realize that there is a real possibility NOBODY gets elected to the hall. Goose Gossage is the most likely candidate, and he’s in his 9th ballot!! That will be a riveting day in Cooperstown when the only man on the stage has the nickname of a digustingly ugly bird. YEAAAA America’s Pastime!!
2. Billy Gillispie is taking the blame for the perception that the SEC is down this year. OK, thats respectable. You do have some of the worst losses in the league this year, and you are the only team with a losing record in the league. But, lets not get carried away coach. Outside of Tennessee, Vandy, and maybe Ole Miss(TBA), the league has been massively underwhelming. It’s clearly the worst power conference in the land, with the average RPI of its teams at 109. So, while its notable that Coach is willing to take the blame, don’t be afraid to throw some of your colleagues under the bus with you.
3. A good article listing many of the Cats problems this year with quotes by Coach Gillispie on all of them.
4. The new Bracketology is out on ESPN.com, and it obviously does not have UK included. But, it also does not have 11 of UK’s opponents so far this season invited to the field of 65 either. Weak non-conference + Weak in-conference schedules make it very hard for UK to make up any ground this year.
5. There’s nothing like athletes who become actors. Jim Brown basically gave up his football life to become an actor for cryin out loud. But this website has compiled a list that digs deep for some embarassing athlete/actor moments.