1. Here is a group of articles written about the game in Sunday’s newspapers.
Rick Bozich (Courier-Journal) :Gillispie tells it like it is after loss.
Mark Story (Herald-Leader) :Fans looking for progress.
John Clay (Herald-Leader) :Pitino the better coach on this day.
Larry Vaught (Advocate Messanger) :Dream game a nightmare.
2. If things go as they should tonight in the Superdome, Kentucky will have defeated the football national champion for the first time in over 50 years. Of all the great accomplishments that this team achieved, that may be the best. To know that there were NO teams in the country that you couldn’t play against. To refresh your memory, here are the highlights from the classic LSU-Kentucky clash.
3. Despite the struggles of the team up to this point in the season, Eric Crawford points out that the fans are still showing up, proving the fanbase is not representative of message boards.
4. It appears publicly that Joe Crawford and Ramel Bradley are taking the blame for Saturday’s loss, but I only hope that they are doing the same thing privately. Their carelessness at the end of the first half set a tone for the second and it’s largely their responsibility to have the team fired up to play in the second half.
5. It’s never too early to look ahead to Saturday’s opponent, and lucky for you, there is an article out concerning the Vanderbilt Commodores. Also lucky for you, it puts down Vandy’s early season record, like I did a couple weeks ago, for a lack of defensive efficiency. So, I will say it again like I did 3 weeks ago, UK will beat Vandy this weekend in Rupp Arena.
6. Last night, if you weren’t watching Roger Clemens nose gets larger on national TV, you may have watched Tulsa put the largest whippin ever in a bowl game, 63-7 over Bowling Green. Remember, this is basically the team that Steve Kragthorpe built. Watch out, Louisville will get alot better over the next 4 or 5 years. Hopefully, Tom Jurich cans him after next season because they are gonna be terrible in 2008.
7. Could there been a worse group of games to open the NFL playoffs. Soccer played at a hockey rink seemed like a better alternative than Redskins-Seahawks or Chargers-Titans. I know Matt already gave you a taste of this earlier, but here are all 4 games from the past weekend played out on TECMO bowl. When the next round of games come out, I will post them right away. Of course, you could just watch Canadiens-Bruins for more excitement.
8. Seriously, I need to become a skier or snowboarder, because judging by this list of 2007’s sexiest female athletes, thats the venue to be at. The venue not to be at, the golf course, where Michelle Wie is ranked as one of your sexiest professionals. This may be the last link for the day cause I just threw up on my keyboard.