We will have a shortened Picks to Click today, completely focused on the UK-UL game. (Sorry no sexy women today). On to the links:
Daily RPI Update: 240 (down a couple spots from yesterday)
1. A couple more great moments in UL-UK history: Jodie Meeks nearly single-handedly winning last year’s game in Freedom Hall. Rex Chapman nearly doing the same thing as Meeks in 1986. And finally, the game that started the rivalry back up: the 1983 NCAA Tournament. (Link to final 30 seconds of regulation, Link to Overtime Period)
2. Here are an updated tournament projection, which doesn’t look good for either UK or UL. Here are Gary Parrish’s picks on cbssportsline.com.
3. When UK’s five best players were on the floor against Florida International, I think they looked much better than any UL team has looked this year. There is not more talent on the Cats best five, but they play much better as a unit. Eric Crawford dives into this fact in his article in the Courier-Journal today.
4. Jerry Tipton addresses the differences between Billy Gillispie and Rick Pitino’s first seasons, and the support declining for Gillispie. Just a guess: beat Louisville, the support will be back. It’s the way it works. You lose, people get edgy, you win, people jump back from the ledge.
5. Besides Michael Porter, the one guy whose playing time should be decreasing significantly with the return of Meeks and Jasper is Ramon Harris. Larry Vaught talks about what exactly Harris’ role could be with the team now.
6. Here are a ton of stats comparing UK and UL.