1. Here is the link to the story in the Herald-Leader about Billy Gillispie’s first season at UK.
2. You may remember last week our friends at seaofblue.com gave us some strengths and weaknesses of next year’s basketball team. Today, that list out some of the goals this team should have, but also some “accomplishments” they should try and avoid.
3. So, what are the chances UK will get to host a regional for this year’s NCAA Tournament. Probably not great, but John Clay discusses the possibilities in his column in the Herald-Leader.
4. Now thats why the NBA playoffs have the POTENTIAL to be great this season. A wonderful game 7 in the Fleet Center/Boston Garden yesterday. The other 6 games stunk to an extent, this game was great, and the series was salvaged. Lebron James played terrific, until under a minute left, when he threw up an awful shot. Nonetheless, if they ever get talent around him, the Cavs would rule the Eastern Conference for a decade. Interesting note: Rajon Rondo played alot more in the 4th quarter than he did in previous games, but threw up two floater air balls at the end that could have been costly. There should be a standing rule for Rondo, if its under 6 minutes in a game, you better be able to dunk the ball or you dont shoot. Now we have Pistons-Celtics, which has the potential to be an all-time epic, and if the Spurs win tonight, you would get Lakers-Spurs in the West, setting up what has to be the greatest collection of conference finals in 25 years.
5. Remember when you used to play little league baseball, and the parents worked the concession stand once a year and everybody got along. Well, in Massachusets, they basically screwed that whole little nice situation up after a mother failed to show up for her concession stand shift. So, you know what the league did? They SUSPENDED her kid for 2 games. You could plunk a kid intentionally and only get one game. Now, the question needs to be asked, what was the mother doing that kept her from keeping her shift? Dealing drugs? Having an affair? Nope. She was working a double shift at her real job. And this thing has a Red Sox flavor to it also. The field these kids play on in a mock-Fenway Park, and the commisioner actually made the statement “if the kids want to play on a great field like this, they need to follow the rules.” I hate adults.
6. Well all you soccer fans, congratulations. It looks like ESPN is at least considering turning ESPN Classic into an all soccer channel airing EPL games. When that day comes, I would like to take some bets (entertainment purposes only) on the over/under of the lifespan of that channel in the US. 6 months. I know I have been rough on soccer in the last week, so here are some scores from the weekend in the Turkish Super Lig for you lovers:
-Galatasaray-2, Genclerbirligi OFTAS-0
-Gaziantepspor-1, Istanbul Buyuksehir BSK-0 (can we get a better team name for Istanbul)