Bruce Willis’ Tuesday News & Views

artworks-000008793884-o917j4-original

Happy birthday to Bruce Willis, who turns 58 on Tuesday. Willis will always be known in our house for the Die Hard series, which kept my family entertained and at peace during several holiday seasons. Born in West Germany, Willis and his family came back to the States in 1957 after his father was discharged from the army. Willis took up acting and moved to New York, where he has made a living off looking like the living embodiment of masculinity ever since.

I don’t think many would argue that Willis is the type of actor that should have a cabinet full of Oscars, but he does fill a certain niche. If your movie includes explosions, more than six machine guns, fires in downpours or crashing helicopters, it’s probably going to be better if Willis is in it. Whereas Tom Hanks is the everyman actor, Willis is the everyman action star. Plus, he’s just cool. If I were a guy planning the ultimate guy’s trip to Vegas, it would include Willis, George Clooney and, of course, Drew Franklin.

So, in Bruce’s honor, to everyone who asked you why the Cats didn’t make the tournament on Monday, say it with me: Yippee-Ki-Yay…well, you know.

I’m going to split tonight’s news and views into GOOD NEWS and BAD NEWS. I always like to leave things on a good note, so let’s get the bad stuff over with.

Worst Monday ever? It’s hard not to be melodramatic after the Cats failed to make the NCAA field on Sunday night, leaving Kentucky fans to grapple with the harsh surreality of an NIT game against a tiny Pittsburgh college whose arena only holds 3,000 people. While the rest of the nation poured over brackets and began preparing their fake illnesses for Thursday and Friday, we were left to sit and sulk. Filling out a bracket, usually an euphoric experience, became painful, and even if you have highlights of next year’s class on a loop, it all still feels a bit…empty.

Yet, here we are, on the eve of what will probably be the oddest game atmosphere we’ve seen since that ballroom back in Cancun. Robert Morris, predictably, is thrilled, canceling classes and turning it all into a big party. As Cal would say, it’s their Super Bowl. For us? It feels like a cruel joke. But, this is that hand that we were dealt. On Monday, Cal met with the media twice and didn’t even argue with the Selection Committee’s decision to exclude the Cats, saying that the loss to Vandy essentially sealed their fate. How does he get his team up for an NIT game against a school none of them have heard of? By challenging their pride: “Do we want to play? Do we want to have pride? Do we want to fight or do we want to let go of the rope? We will find out real quickly Tuesday.”

During his afternoon press conference, Cal grew introspective, telling reporters that he has no regrets because he “tried everything” to get this group to turn around: “You know it’s a great learning experience. (I) hate going through it. I’d rather learn from someone else’s issues than my own. This was hard. I feel good, but it was hard going through it. We never stopped coaching them. We never gave up on guys, never. So, I have no regrets on what we did. Yet, I’m just disappointed that the response wasn’t there.”

The question now becomes, who will be there next year? Cal said that while they will sit down and talk about each player’s situation at the end of the season, that this team “may be a group of four-year players” and as long as they still have games to play, he’ll keep trying his hardest to help them improve: “Keep coaching them and maybe the light goes on. Maybe reality hits. When you hit rock bottom you either want to change or you are delusional. We will see if we have delusional guys or they understand.”

— Will the light go on Tuesday night or will a tiny, packed arena against a small, hungry team result in the latest humiliation for this group? Jon Hood said that when the players didn’t see their name come up during the Selection Show, they were “just kind of speechless for a while. Nobody really knew what to do.” Julius Mays said the exclusion was “a deep wound and it’s going to haunt me for a while,” but it was deserved. Monday morning, Cal said it was probably a good thing that the game was at Robert Morris, because it meant that his players would have to prove that they want to play in order to merit Kentucky fans buying tickets to the game at Rupp if they advance. Julius agreed: “I think he is right. I think that is the right thing to say. We don’t want fans to go buy tickets and have a few guys that don’t really want to be there and show it and we lay an egg in the first game.” There he goes with that “few guys” line again…

Kentucky is currently only a 4.5 favorite over Robert Morris, a team that Cal says plays really hard, has great guard play and will shoot nine threes a game. He compared their physical play to Arkansas, a team they only lost to by five. On Arkansas’ court. Oh brother.

— I can’t handle this anymore. Let’s switch to GOOD NEWS. Nerlens Noel was named to the Associated Press All-SEC First Team on Monday afternoon. Congrats, Nerlens.

— What will hopefully be some more good news? Julius Randle announces his college decision on Wednesday, and from everything we’ve heard, it will be more than a nice consolation prize for the Cats missing the Tournament. On Tuesday morning, USA Today’s Jason Jordan, the media member closest to Julius’ recruitment, will join Matt on the radio show to talk about Randle’s decision and what it’s been like to be a fly on the wall for the past few days. On Monday, Jordan joined Randle for some shopping at Burberry and a hat store to buy hats for all of the four schools he’ll choose from on Wednesday (UK, Kansas, Florida, Texas):

BFr9sW2CMAAGfS7.jpg_large

That’s blue, right??

— Let’s keep the good news rolling. Monday was also the start of spring football practice, which means we have yet another distraction from our basketball woes. The rain moved the practice inside, but didn’t damper spirits. Mark Stoops held a press conference to discuss his staff’s changes, which start with not having a listed depth chart. Stoops said that “nobody’s earned anything yet,” and that the only notable position change was Bud Dupree to defensive end. In terms of the quarterback battle, Patrick Towels, Maxwell Smith and Jalen Whitlow split reps evenly on Monday. Despite all the hype surrounding the new era in Kentucky football, Stoops was adamant about how far the program has to go, citing fundamental mistakes that will require a “back to the basics” approach. One of those mistakes he noticed today? Dropped passes, which if you forced yourself to watch at least one of UK’s games last season, you would believe.

While there is a lot of work to do, the right attitude is in place. Stoops said that both the staff and the players have the attitude required to turn the program around: “I was encouraged. I really feel like there’s some things to work with there. You know, we’ve got a long way to go, don’t get me wrong but I feel like they are good guys and they have a good attitude. That’s a good start.” Chad Scott and Neal Brown agreed, both tweeting about the positive attitudes and energy at practice.

KSR’s Nick Roush will have reports from spring practice throughout the week.

— It looks like John Wall is finally turning things around in Washington after coming back from injury. Wall was named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week for the first time in his career on Monday. Last week, he averaged 26 points and 11 assists, and in nine games in March, he’s averaging 19.6 points, 8.1 assists and 4.6 rebounds while shooting 53.1 percent from the floor and 50 percent from beyond the three-point line. In other NBA news, the Oklahoma City Thunder recalled DeAndre Liggins and Daniel Orton from the D-League.

Congrats to UK Hoops on being named the #2 seed in the Bridgeport Region in the Women’s NCAA Tournament. They will face #15 Navy Sunday at 12:05 p.m. in Queens, New York. Wilder Treadway has a full recap below, but the girls have a pretty favorable path to the Final Four, with possibly the weakest #1 seed in UConn. It’ll be a homecoming of sorts for sharp-shooter Jennifer O’Neill, who grew up in the Bronx. Also, seeing their reaction on Twitter was the first time I’ve smiled since last night’s Selection Show, so there’s that. Go get ’em, girls. I’ll leave you with their reaction to their #2 seed…

See you soon. We’ve got some Robert Morrises to beat.

73 Comments for Bruce Willis’ Tuesday News & Views

1. James K
    11:07 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

On Bruce Willis: I’ve got a friend who crewed on a movie Willis was in, and he apparently went to a crowd of girls that were hanging around the set and said loudly “WHO WANTS TO F*CK A MOVIE STAR!?”

And he apparently left with some women. There you go.

2. Sandy
    11:08 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

Remember when we won the 2012 NCAA Championship in Men’s Basketball? That was great!

3. JT
    11:10 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

My family relocated to Plano, TX about ten years ago. I am a huge Kentucky fan being from Mt. Sterling originally and also an alumnus of UK. Since living in Plano, my wife has become a fairly close friend of Julius Randle’s mother Carolyn and they talk at least once a week. My wife has learned that Julius has indeed committed to KU. Unless his mother is lying (which I highly doubt), they informed Bill Self very recently. We do not know exactly when the commitment was given as my wife did not ask. You can imagine my personal disappointment when hearing that from my wife over dinner. I really wanted the kid to be a Cat. Hopefully we can still get Wiggins or Gordon.

4. tom
    11:14 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

3. Nice try…t-r-o-l-l

5. Roger
    11:16 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

I hate to say it, but sadly JT is right about this one. My wife’s sister lives in Plano and she is also a close friend of Carolyn. I’ve been working on her for sometime trying to get her to divulge something to me. Finally this week I got her to confirm that Julius has in fact chosen to become a Jayhawk. She said it was a really tough decision for Julius, but he just felt like KU was a better fit for him. So, there you go, gonna be one of the worst f*&^%$ in a long time in BBN.

6. JT
    11:17 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

I wish it wasn’t true as well. We will all eat a big pile of shit on Wed. when he announces for KU. Don’t disparage the messenger of bad news.

7. Doug
    11:23 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

I have to add my voice to this same sad chorus as my second cousin once removed Geraldine also lives in Plano and is Carolyn’s hairdresser and one of her confidants. I agreed to buy her a year’s subscription to Cosmetologist Magazine in exchange for the scuttlebut on Julius. And I’m sad to say that she confirms the fact that Julius is indeed going to KU. She said that when it came down to deciding, Julius and his mother just couldn’t handle the fact that Lexington has an openly gay mayor. She said that they just feel more comfortable in a conservative mid-western setting. So, there you have it! Maybe we will have better luck with Aaron Gordon since he’s from the West Coast?

8. Carl Sagan
    11:28 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

You guys can go ahead and make fun of JT, but he speaks the truth and you will indeed be eating a “pile of shit,” just like Jason Jordan and the whole KSR staff on Wednesday. I’m an astrophysicist and I’d work helping NASA design and program satellites. This week I was testing one of the satellites used by the US JSOC (Joint Special Operations Command) and took advantage of the opportunity to use the satellite to secretly monitor the discussions between Julius, his mother and Coach Self at KU. This one is a loss for us folks! But do not despair as this setback has angered me so greatly I’m going to work with Cal to use this technology to our advantage in the future!

9. JT
    11:35 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

You guys are creative, I’ll give you that much. I’m sorry, but I’m not kidding around. Julius’s decision to play for Kansas is not amusing to me.

10. Jason62
    11:38 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

I lean towards believing JT. Dave Telep and the KU fanbase is very confident about Randle to KU for some reason. They must know something the rest of us do not.

11. Here ya go
    11:39 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

My sister is a student at KU with real close ties to the athletic dept. Bill Self himself asked my sister and a few of her friends to escort Randle around campus and town. He was a Ky lean at one point, but needless to say they may have changed his mind. She told him she would do whatever he wanted if he pinky promised that he would go to KU…. And the bad news is that he did. (He did say he meant it and swore it wasn’t because of the BJ he was going to get. So there ya go guys…. The news came straight from her mouth. 🙁

12. mashburnfan1
    11:41 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

Wow some people have way too much time on their hands….

13. CardinalsSuck
    11:45 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

The trolls amuse me. Bless their little hearts. Randle will be at UK. Done deal.

14. Mack
    11:48 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

The state of Texas only allows a limit of 2 players from Texas to attend anyone University outside of Texas thus the CATS have already bagged their limit. Wait, just in, Twins are considered as just 1 player thus Randle will be allowed to become a CAT!

15. Shelby Nix
    11:49 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

I’m sad to say that JT, Roger, Doug and Carl are right. I am a member of the 4th street YMCA in Plano, Texas, the same Y that Julius Randle goes to. The other night he was working out there and with each rep I heard him saying something. I was curious so I made my way over to the pull-up bars to hear him better. You can imagine my disappointment (I bleed blue for life!) when I heard him saying “This one’s for Bill Self! This one’s for Kansas! This one’s for Rock Chalk! This one’s for Ben McLemore! This one’s for Jeff Withey!” etc. etc. as he steadily raised and lowered the arched bar. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that’s just the way it is.

16. UK Freshmen
    11:49 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

It must be tiring taking down all these comments.

17. UkBlue
    11:50 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

My dentist has a friend who knows Julius Randle’s uncle who works at a Sears in Austin. I overheard my dentist on the phone talking to this friend saying how he was distraught about finding out from Randle’s uncle that he’s heading to KU. Needless to say, I was devastated and became worried for my gum’s sake as my dentist was prepping to remove two wisdom teeth. I hate to say it but Randle is a Jayhawk.

18. Ron Jeremy
    11:50 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

Yeah, my sister is a nursing student at KU who works in the university health services department. She helps screen all of the women that are used as escorts for on campus visits to make sure that everything is…..well okay and on the up and up from a health perspective. She did the screening for this guys sister and she confirmed that the incentives were in fact effective in sealing the deal with Randle.

19. CatsCatsCats
    11:56 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

Ron, is your sister’s name Rebecca? Cause my neighbor’s aunt’s daughter was one of the girls that screened during the escort selections. I’m not sure if she got picked. I’ve sent a text message hoping to get word back tonight to get any scoop from her.

20. JT's Wife
    11:57 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

Hi, this is JT’s wife. JT is telling the truth. He is an honest, hardworking man. We are in the witness relocation program here in Plano and hope to one day return home to Mt. Sterling. I too was very disappointed when my dear friend Carolyn told me her son was going to be a Jayhawk during one of our weekly conversations. When I told JT during dinner the other night, it really ruined his appetite. Either that or he still doesn’t like my cooking! LOL!

21. Danny Mac
    11:58 pm March 18, 2013 Permalink

That series of sarcastic posts was probably the hardest I’ve ever laughed on this site.

22. mike
    12:01 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

I dont know #10, I’m leaning toward believing Carl, I guess he will be going to KU, but the future sounds good for UK.

23. Linda Taylor
    12:03 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

Carl Sagan – Are you communicating from the great beyond? You did die in 1996 you know.

24. JT
    12:06 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

Moderators please take down comment #20. Jeez honey anyone could read that and figure out our true identity! I haven’t spent the last decade in this godforsaken town just to have you and your enormous pie hole get us killed. No wonder Carolyn barely talks to you anymore!

25. Carl the Janitor
    12:06 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

I’m Carl, the janitor for the coaching offices at KU. Yesterday as I was mopping up the spilled beer and Coe Cola after the tournament celebration. I looked in a tray by the fax maching and the was a letter of intent with a cover sheet all prepared to send to the Randle household in Plano, Tx. Didn’t think much of it at the time, but some said there was a discussion on a site called KSR, I came over and thought I’d let you know. For what it’s worth I’d rather work for UK janitorial services.

26. CamelToeBlues
    12:09 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

Guys, it’s true what JT has stated. I know this for a fact! We were at a Picadilly Cafe just outside Kansas City, KS and we were eating near the table where Randle’s AAU coach was eating. I over hear him mentioning to the waitress that some guy named Julius made up his mind and that it would be great for the state of Kansas having such a talent like him ending up there.

27. UK Freshmen
    12:13 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

Plano is not that bad, father.

Oh and could you guys send some more $? Please? I’m sick and tired of being broke all the time. And no, I haven’t gotten a job.

28. Elvis
    12:15 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

I thought I would let you all know you are all wrong. My man Julius is going to surprise everyone by coming to MEMPHIS! He wants to be close to Graceland, bless his heart.
    BTW, this post is just as ridiculous as all the others.

29. Truth
    12:20 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

28. actually there is truth to your statement. I was told by someone in the know that Julius does in fact have several Elvis songs on his IPod and that he knows the words to the song All Shook Up.

30. Elvis
    12:23 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

29 – His favorite is “Blue Suede Shoes” though. He told me himself.

31. Amberbock
    12:28 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

This may be my first time reading the comments section and not immediately regretting it. Funny stuff, guys, funny stuff.

32. Lousy Louse
    12:31 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

I am one of many lice living in Bill Self’s toupee and I can confirm, without a doubt, that Randle has committed to KU. Pains me to say…

33. Yep
    12:33 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

My name is Roger,I live in Kentucky and have bled blue for as long as I can remember. I don’t have any insight on where Julius will go. Trying to figure out these kids is near impossible. Heck, the so called experts, that are supposed to be in the know, miss most of the time. If Julius told me five minutes before the press conference that he was going to KU, I wouldn’t write it in stone. Teenagers tend to change their mind and change it frequently. I do want to add, that none of the following have any inside info nor know anyone that has inside info:, my wife, sister, aunt, neighbors daughter, my dad’s two children from a concubine, my retarded brother that is a louisville fan, my gay uncle that roots for duke, my dogs human lover (some big white kid that plays for IU)and my postman who once ate at a Louisville restauraunt and got pissed because the waitress kept wiping the table off every fifteen seconds. Just wanted to let you know.

34. John Ellis
    12:35 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

This may be a minority opinion, but whatever tournament UK is in is the most interesting to me. I am more interested in UK trying to win the NIT than whoever wins this benighted year of bball’s championship. I hope the players can enjoy every moment left, particularly those who won’t be back.

35. Yep
    12:36 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

34. Amen

36. stillHere
    12:48 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

You guys are wrong. I heard from a trainer friend of mine that Randle bought a horse farm last weekend. You won’t believe who sold it to him – Ryan Lemond.

37. stillHere
    12:51 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

I’m serious. Do you remember when Ryan couldn’t host last week because he had to sell a house. He was selling Julius Randle a horse farm.

38. Richie Farmer's Wooden Hat Collection
    1:09 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

C’mon, guys. I’m pretty weird, right? I mean, seriously, what the f*** are you going to do with me. You sure as f*** aren’t going to wear me. And why would you ever need more than one?

39. Bruce
    1:20 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

I moved from West Germany for this?

40. Egg Layer
    1:48 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

If Kentucky wins the NIT does Drake get a ring?

41. iucansuckabigblue...
    1:53 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

This week is and has been a train wreck of hazmat
    What a disgrace. Not an embarrassment. A disgrace.

And Im no troll. I have been a Wildcat before I born. I have and will defend our Cats forever but I have to admit. Its really hard to face the fact that this team is fundamentally flawed.

Going from the NC to the NIT is not embarrassing. Being the number one over all in the NIT is not embarrassing. Getting blown out by Vandy and being knocked out of our own tournament is not an embarassment..

Its a total disgrace. Total disgrace.

BBN forever. Summer can’t come soon enough

42. Ummmm
    2:54 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

Hoops signees capped off an undefeated season with a state title this past weekend. Guess that doesn’t merit a mention on KSR.

43. BumbleBeeTuna
    3:34 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

According to his moms friends cousins hairdressers husband who told my wife’s sisters aunts brother in law Julius randle committed to Nebraska

44. DowntheRoad64
    4:00 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

1) I’ve heard similar stories about Steve Masiello…difference being he left with his hand.

45. Uncle Wes
    6:19 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

Cal and you cat fans better stay on my good side and kiss my beanbag. If Cal and I have a falling out, Cal will almost always be in the NIT, just like he was at memphis before I handed him recruits.

46. Amberbock
    6:21 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

Seriously, though, guys… people please do not be down on this team. Unless you are trolling at the moment, in which by all means I recommend it. Sure, they let us down, and sure, they are in the NIT. This is MY team, and I am well acquainted to the ire of other teams’ fanbases. However, the way some of the “BBN Faithful” are acting now disgusts me. I ALWAYS want us to win, regardless of the situation. We won a national championship last year, and lost our first six. We have no right to complain about this season… yet. This team has one last chance to pull out a desire to win, and I will be behind them until the last minute of play. Always be looking forward, not behind. A blinder many of us UK fans are cursed with. GBB.

47. Tubby
    6:23 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

I won a title in my first season at UK and I NEVER went to the lowly NIT. If I had, you hillbillies would have burned a cross in my front yard. I’m sure you guys are giving Cal as hard a time as you gave me. I never had runners/agents that helped me recruit top 5 players. I had guys like Orbzuit, Thomas, Bobby Perry and I still went to the NCAAT. What is Cal’s excuse for this failure and why aren’t you fans upset with him? #Double Standard

48. Matt Jones
    6:32 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

“Kansas vs. Memphis…it’s time for Kansas to win another. Memphis is a great team but I simply can’t pull for Calipari and the way he runs a program. Rock Chalk Jayhawk…”

-Matt Jones April, 2009

49. Brad
    6:38 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

Please for the love of god and journalism – stop misspelling Patrick TOWLES last name.

50. Amberbock
    6:44 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

… as if on command. Lol. Tubby is not our problem anymore. You obviously wish him back upon us, which speaks volumes for his proven, year-in, year-out mediocrity, and your desire to see us fail. I relish in both.

51. klassact32
    6:49 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

Don’t really need to be told that I am not a fan, or a troll, simply for saying what most people think. I will not waste my time watching a meaningless tournament that does nothing but make money for the NCAA. Don’t tell me to find another team. Don’t tell me we need the experience for next years team. The players who need the experience will be gone. The ones remaining will not see any playing time so what difference does it matter. I am still at a loss why UK would accept a bid to play in the NIT. I really don’t care that the decision had to be made before the season. (I am not sure I believe that. Even if true then the powers that be need to write a note to self to decline an invitation to the NIT in future years.) It is going to be a long two weeks, even longer when UK loses in the NIT.

52. Tubby
    6:52 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

50) Have fun playing Robbie Morris in that middle school gym whileI prepare my team for a deep March un. How’s my [email protected] taste? Not 1 pro on my team and we play in the best league. Yet, we somehow managed to get in the dance. Cal has 5 all americans on his team. Speaks volumes to his coaching, I mean roll it out there ability.

53. Ky Blue
    6:55 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

That was all extremely funny to read .. but I actually hope JT turns out be a troll because the way things have been going .. I’m believing him at the moment.

54. SexnNursinHomes
    7:08 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

So we got the bad news. When’s the good news coming again??? Thanks.

55. BravoBigBue
    7:19 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

What time and what network is the game tonight?

56. Tom Seaver
    7:23 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

It’s hard not to be melodramatic today unless you looked at this team and saw it as a flawed team that was not improving over the course of the season. If you took a position not associated with reality and what was taking place during the season, like the loss at home to Baylor, the 30 blow out at Tennessee, and the loss to 14-15 Georgia, coupled with the wins in which (fill-in-the-blank) player (typically Harrow, Poythress, Goodwin, Wiltjer) had games that made you wonder what was going on, and continued to think this team was going to turn the corner, you probably thought that we were going to lose 10, 11 games and still win the National Championship. So sure, today is a day for those people to be melodramatic. We’re in the NIT a year after winning our eighth National Championship. Win the damn thing, enjoy some momentum in football, and move toward next year. If you can’t do that, change your Pull-Up and cry until someone puts some more Cheerios on your high-chair. That ought to be satisfying.

57. Lakesidecats
    7:29 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

These comments above ate silly. On a TRUE note, Bruce Willis and Demi Moore did in fact have one of their children in Kentucky. Don’t remember which one, but they were born in a hospital in Paducah.

58. Bill Self
    7:33 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

Dammit JT! I thought I told you to get your arse off the KSR forums! If Emmert and the NCAA find out about that pack of Benjamin’s that I sent to Randle, all because of you and your skanky wife’s big mouth, I’m going to send one of my thugs down to Plano to rearrange your physique. Now don’t let me catch you on here again!

59. FLCat
    7:36 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

…Does going to the NIT this year hurt our ability to recruit? Just wondering. I personally don’t think it obliterates a 2012 Championship, but I have no clue what these kids think about…. huh, that makes me sound like an old man…

60. RealCatsFan
    7:37 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

Tubby is probably thanking his lucky stars that his team got selected, because the heat was building up in frozen Minnesota. There were already a lot of rumblings from the fan base to find another coach midway through last season. If the Gophers drop their first round game, look for the heat to be turned up to boil.

61. SexnNursinHomes
    7:40 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

57- another TRUE note, Willis’s daughters look just like him.

62. RealCatsFan
    7:40 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

59, I think one bad year can be seen as more of a hiccup. Especially if next year’s team gets us back in the hunt for a championship. The only way it hurts recruiting for this year is if a few of the remaining targets get worried about returning players getting their playing time, but with the way this bunch performed over the season, I doubt if they have much to worry about.

63. lol
    7:40 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

Wait, now –the all knowing gogaytors has told us for months that Randle is texas bound. You mean to tell me that he is actually just the blowhard, know-it-all, troll that we all expected since way back when? Aw man, and i really fell for the “insider information” gig. LOL

64. UKBlue1!
    7:42 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

Mrs TT, you aren’t old enough to remember but there has been worse days in UK basketball history. The ten years before Calipari. Eddie Sutton era in the late 1980’s with NO tourney for 3 years are all in recent events. As long as coach Cal is in charge we are in whole lot better hands. Help is on its way. This team is exactly where it needs to be. The NCAA tourney bid wasn’t going to do this team any good. It would have lost in the 1st game. In the NIT it has a chance to practice and if it chooses win a few games.

65. RealCatsFan
    7:43 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

61, well I guess Willis is glad about that! They could have looked like her martial arts instructor Oliver Whitcomb.

66. HackRichards
    7:45 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

Just Once I would like to see UK leave it all on the court. Tonight will be a good opportunity.

67. SexnNursinHomes
    8:02 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

65- haha I don’t know who “Oliver Whitcomb” is, but that commment cracked me up!

68. Tom
    8:11 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

Say what you will, but there is inner turmoil going on with this team. Mays has called out guys before for not trying or caring. He just did it again. WCS has too. We’ll see who shows up tonight.

69. laughing!
    8:20 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

reading this thread of comments has softened the blow that Randle is indeed going to Kansas … if that is the case

70. Axe Cop
    8:56 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

60. I think the heat has been a “boil” with Tubby since his second or third season up there. Lots of talk about replacing him but I doubt that will happen until he leaves on his own.

71. cals right hand
    8:59 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

I wonder if Randle will put on a hair piece intstead of a KU hat when he chooses Kansas?

72. Mullet Cat
    9:03 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

Hiss!

73. jmfatz47
    11:43 am March 19, 2013 Permalink

52) yeah tubby and his 11 losses in the last 16 games….big deal. Don’t even see how Minnesota deserves a bid when u consider their pitiful season ending loss binge….