Bruce Ellington should be tired

Ellington scored a 61-yard touchdown against UK on October 8

When South Carolina comes into Rupp to kick off SEC league play tomorrow, one player from the Cocks’ starting lineup might be a little gassed. Sophomore guard Bruce Ellington has had a long week — including lunch at The Peabody Orlando, a six-hour car ride with his family, a 3-for-3 three-point shooting night against SC State, and two kick returns for 73 yards in the Capital One Bowl.

The two-sport star helped the South Carolina football team get a win over Nebraska on Monday, and he was back with the basketball team for Tuesday afternoon’s shootaround and ballgame that night. Ellington did not start in that game but he will likely rejoin the first five for tomorrow’s game against Kentucky.

The 2012 All-SEC Basketball Freshman was recruited hard by UK out of high school and he almost ended up in blue. Now, he’s an opponent Cats fans have to worry about three times a year.

What a freak athlete.

Article written by Drew Franklin

8 Comments for Bruce Ellington should be tired

1. GoCats2
    11:22 am January 6, 2012 Permalink

Amazing how easy it is to find a picture of someone scoring on UK whenever you need one.

2. Maxwell
    11:32 am January 6, 2012 Permalink

Let’s not give USC (jr) too much credit. We beat them two years ago in football thank you very much. And Dabo Swinney has reminded us who the real football university is in South Carolina (Clemson). I’m not exactly a South Carolina fan if you couldn’ tell. I hope we beat them by 45 points on Saturday.

3. dirk diggler
    12:14 pm January 6, 2012 Permalink

Well, he already shows his lack of intelligence by choosing to play ball at USCjr rather than UK.

4. Laker Cat 18
    12:28 pm January 6, 2012 Permalink

2. Yeah Clemson really showed they were the real football university in South Carolina a couple days ago. Clemson made themselves look like a joke in the national spotlight.

5. lldjr
    12:40 pm January 6, 2012 Permalink

I can’t imagine why he didn’t want to come play for black Bill Curry ?!

6. no
    1:30 pm January 6, 2012 Permalink

comments.

7. Clam
    1:45 pm January 6, 2012 Permalink

#2, USC blew out Nebraska in its bowl game, and I think we all know what happened to Clemson in its bowl. Add in that USC has beaten Clemson three years in a row (and I believe four out of five), then I think it is clear who is dominating SC for football bragging rights. By all means, I hope Dabo is at Clemson for many years to keep on talking trash that he can’t back up.

8. UK fan who goes to USC
    1:54 pm January 6, 2012 Permalink

2) That comment is suck a joke. I am a lifelong UK fan who grew up in Lexington surrounded by UK sports and love them all but decided going out of state for college was a good choice. Ended up at South Carolina and love it. The fact that we won the SEC east last year, narrowily missed it these year (Georgias easy schedule) and have beat Clemson three of the last years tells you Clemson is not the best football school in SC. They play in the ACC, what a joke. Otherwise, I hope UK kills USC on Saturday. I will be there rooting on the Cats. Go Cats!