Brown may visit Timmons on Thursday

After stopping by Trinity to see James Quick, Neal Brown may head to Franklin County on Thursday to check in on Ryan Timmons, the talented wide receiver/running back/return specialist. According to the Courier-Journal’s Steve Jones, Timmons has also been invited to Lexington on Saturday to tour campus, meet the staff, and attend the UK/Lipscomb game. Timmons’ coach Chris Yancy says that he can tell Brown and his staff are keen on signing the talented four-star recruit:

“I feel personally that Ryan is a big priority for them, just through conversation,” Tracy said. “… I think they’re trying to form a relationship with him, so that they feel comfortable and Ryan feels comfortable them, which I think he will in that offense.”

Timmons called Brown on Monday to introduce himself and the two discussed how Timmons could fit in Brown’s system, which is very similar to the one he played under at Franklin County:

“It’s good for me as a wide receiver,” Timmons said on Monday. “He said they were going to try to throw the ball a lot more, and it would be good for me to catch a lot of balls and be able to make plays in space. That’s a great thing that I heard from him.”

Get ’em, Neal.

18 Comments for Brown may visit Timmons on Thursday

1. UpperSectionStudent
    9:39 pm December 11, 2012 Permalink

I played for Franklin County. They played trash teams except for Catholic, but they don’t play them anymore. I saw kids put up his stats while I was there, hopefully he is way better than them.

2. Billy
    9:41 pm December 11, 2012 Permalink

Nice to see they went and seen James Quick as well. These two would be great on the same team.

3. redneck
    9:48 pm December 11, 2012 Permalink

check out the teeth on that fella

4. Yeary
    9:53 pm December 11, 2012 Permalink

So how much of a relationship did the previous staff have with him?? Just from reading this it’s sounds like none, (my opinion). Go Cats!!!

5. Big Blue 66
    9:57 pm December 11, 2012 Permalink

at least this staff is working….tubby….uhh I mean Joker, just gave up

6. JaredCarterIsMyHomeboy
    9:59 pm December 11, 2012 Permalink

This feels every bit as intense as Andrew Wiggins recruitment.

7. Coach Strong
    10:03 pm December 11, 2012 Permalink

It is his career, let him waste it at uk if he wants. In the meantime, we just locked down a recruit a few minutes ago who picked my Cards over Ohio state and Notre Dame. Suck on that one Stools.

8. TAXman
    10:04 pm December 11, 2012 Permalink

Some people, despite all the positive things happening with UK football, still must say something negative about everything. Must be sad and lonely being that bitter all the time.

9. TAXman
    10:06 pm December 11, 2012 Permalink

7. I can sense the nervousness you have with the future of UK football. Go gators.

10. Chace
    10:20 pm December 11, 2012 Permalink

Rupp fans better make him feel at home and get out their best RY-AN TIM-MONS chants!!!!! The Rupp fans win the basketball recruits over, its time to get the football recruits as well!!!!

11. DUFFUS
    10:29 pm December 11, 2012 Permalink

Duffus says:

I don’t give a damn about how many recruits the little cards sign to play in that bush acc. You are concerned and I understand because we just let you have who ever you wanted. It’s a new game now and some big time COACHES not one coach are on board and moving forward! Beware little red bird the BBN will swallow you up!!!

12. Jim
    10:29 pm December 11, 2012 Permalink

Nothing to do in loserville #7 but hang out on bbn web site

13. BigBrother
    10:41 pm December 11, 2012 Permalink

Hey little brother tard fans, judgement day is coming… We gonna see what your made of against the Gators. No more cupcakes you losers. Time to show if your a contender or a pretender thats from a garbage conference. You are the biggest underdog in all the bowl match ups. Even bigger than Northern freaking IL. LOL game on, gonna see how you match up with the 3rd best team in the SEC.

I’m predicting you don’t and won’t matchup very well. Guess we gonna see if Jurich overpaid his boy or if his boy proves his worth. U K fans can’t wait!!!

14. Flyer nation
    11:16 pm December 11, 2012 Permalink

Wanna see Timmons in action? Check this link http://www.hudl.com/athlete/832345/ryan-timmons . Unbelievable field vision at 5:25, hands at 6:30, acceleration at :50. Watch this video and there is no doubt he is big time regardless of competition

15. UKfansNKY
    9:02 am December 12, 2012 Permalink

#7 bored fool, why you hanging out on the BBN web site. Suck on this 8″ fool!!! Your “cards” are delt and you are LOOSERS!!! GO CATS!!! BBN RULES KY!!!

16. Strickland's Driver
    9:21 am December 12, 2012 Permalink

That grill never gets old.

17. Joe
    9:34 am December 12, 2012 Permalink

That grill never gets old. Do you mean his BRACES, you know orthodontic appliances; designed to correct alignment problems? You may be unfamiliar with them, the meth having removed the need for them.

18. RealCatsFan
    10:08 am December 12, 2012 Permalink

Yeah, what #17 said – at least he is trying to get his teeth straightened out. Still, that picture does have a kind of “Scut Farkus” vibe about it – you know, the bully with braces from the movie “A Christmas Story”.