Bring on the ‘Dores! (Wednesday Show Thread)

Good morning, Kentucky Sports Radio radio listeners and trolls of the show thread.  Kentucky begins a three-game homestand tonight against Vanderbilt and Ryan Lemond drove all the way to Louisville to join Matt Jones in studio to talk about it.

Listen on Talk Radio 1080 in Louisville or 630 WLAP in Lexington as your two favorite radio personalities look ahead to the game and what Kentucky needs to do to earn an NCAA tournament bid.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Topics include:

— Guard play

— Defense

— Aggression

— Toughness

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Article written by Drew Franklin

265 Comments for Bring on the ‘Dores! (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. DrSayre
    9:55 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Well, looks like we will find out tonight where we are at. Win and go on to win Saturday we are right back in it…lose tonight and we may have to win the SEC tournament to get in

2. UK_JB
    9:55 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I hope the caytes can pull off the win tonight… if not just say we are done.
    For the spring game, UK or LexTran should shuttle drunk people over to commonwealth from Kneeland.

3. Jason
    9:56 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Beat UK JB!!

4. UK_JB
    9:56 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I give up.

5. Jason
    9:56 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Nevermind

6. KHSAA sweet 16
    9:58 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Who y’all got winning me this year?

7. robuk
    10:00 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Lose tonight we are done. No way we lose tonight and regroup to win the sec tourney. I love my Cats but I am not drinking the blue water.

8. UK_JB
    10:01 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Totally agree RobUK

9. ky_99
    10:01 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Need 3 tickets together! If you’re selling email me [email protected]

10. Bevo
    10:03 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Been trying to find this answer but no luck – When can UK play another set of exhibition games like they did with Knight’s team in Canada? Would be great to happen again this summer!

Also, predicting UK breaks their own record in the 2014 draft with 8 players being taken (maybe in first round)after going 40 – 0 and bringing home #9

Harrison Twins
    James Young
    Andrew Wiggins
    Nerlens Noel
    Lee
    Poythress
    Goodwin

11. UK_JB
    10:03 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

So uncle matt… did you work with the conn man Eric Conn? With a name like that it’s not hard to make a joke. Just like the Bernie Madoff… He made off with lots of money.

12. J in Orlando
    10:04 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

10 NCAA allows it every 4 years

13. ryan
    10:05 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

the world must be about to end…uk_jb gets beat 2 days in a row. what in the name of bill keightley is going on here?

14. JoeMoney333
    10:06 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Nothing like the Arbor day commercial to start the show… gonna be a good one!

15. Jason
    10:07 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Kentucky is not gonna lose tonight. @ rupp after getting embarrassed at Tennessee. Need to cover the John short spread and get some momentum for Saturday cause Mizzu is for real.

16. Steve
    10:09 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Barry Obama comes to mind on politicians who only talk to who they agree with.

17. UK_JB
    10:10 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Someone has figured out my way of being first… Also my PC is getting slow. I also may be switching jobs soon so I am going to retire from being first. Dr.Sayre. It’s all you now.

18. WestWorld
    10:12 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Joel Pett He doesn’t consider the jobs of co-workers.

19. big j dawg
    10:13 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

not to mention Missouri beat Florida last night, making that game muchhhh more different

20. L2C8
    10:14 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I have accepted the fact that this year is not going to be anything Great, but I would be lying to myself if I would say it doesn’t bother me. I don’t think I would be a TRUE UK fan if it didn’t bother me. I have loosened up a little, and STILL hope they can pull it together and get what these kids deserve. I still think we have just as much talent as a lot of teams, but, I have found myself saying this all year, just waiting…….. I won’t give it up, but if we do NOT step up tonight and make a statement, I have to think it’s a wrap. I watched ALOT of footage of Poythress, Goodwin, Cauley & Noel before they got here and KNEW that this class wasn’t as good as last, BUT I DID SEE how good these 4 players COULD BE and I guess what bothers me the most is, I feel like Goodwin, Poythress & Cauley OWE IT TO THEIRSELVES to go down fighting. PROVE TO THE FANS, to yourself, to the HATERS that they ARE and CAN be one of the better teams this year. #WEAREUK

21. inlinefor9
    10:15 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

12 is WAY too high. I’m scared we might lose this game. And anything having UK as a double digit favorite is free money.

22. Billy Bo Bim Bob
    10:15 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Matt- what’s the record # of views for a day on KSR? Of course beside the day after the title.

23. BPM
    10:15 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

If Tom Jurich or Rick Pitino killed someone do you think the Courier would report it?

24. Ryne
    10:16 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I’m calling it write it down… This team goes on a historic run starting tonight! Everyone writing them off. How much ammunition does this team need? #BELIEVE BLUE

25. robuk
    10:17 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Be honest guys, we have no reason whatsoever to believe the cats will fight tonight. I hope they do and I will be cheering.

26. UK_JB
    10:19 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Sounds like Hooters for lunch today!

27. Travis
    10:20 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I hate the dorks. Sorry, Shannon.

28. Momma
    10:20 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

We need to hear Journey—Don’t Stop Believing!

29. ryan
    10:20 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

UK_JB – does a fat baby fart

30. robuk
    10:20 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

never gave 2 cents for nirvana

31. Travis
    10:21 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I bet $33.00 that Ryan does not know what DFL means. UrbanDictionary.com

32. C Ray
    10:21 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

It’s like that wise man once said, “Kentucky don’t move the needle… We is the needle”!!

33. BPM
    10:21 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Nirvana Unplugged is one of the best albums of all time – just my humble opinion though. Not a bad song on it.

34. L2C8
    10:22 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

23 – Rick killed a few peoples CAREERS, Buckles, Swopshires & Sypher. WHAT ABOUT THAT?

35. blueaville
    10:23 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

the “get well nerlens” is not cut off in my paper today.

36. L2C8
    10:24 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Correction Matt, If your Rick and lets get kids UNTIL they get hurt, but HOPEFULLY for 4 years.

37. wild bill
    10:24 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

This game tonight could be the ugliest game all year. I miss having someone I’m interested to watch. As bad as we have looked at times this year. I enjoyed watching Nerlens regulate in the paint. We need someone to step up!

38. inlinefor9
    10:25 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

So first, let me say I’d not rather have any other coach that Cal and I love the program he has installed at UK, but last night I was debating the following with myself.

Is it better to build the way Cal does or Crean does? I hate IU, but just using them as an example since they are having success right now. In Cal’s case you give yourself the potential to have incredibly talented teams that are like the 2010 and 2012 teams. You also have highs and lows. Seems a little risky b/c in those seasons with the better teams, seems like there is much more pressure to make sure you win that year.
    In the Crean model at IU, it seems like they built up a more traditional program where they stunk for a few years but if they continue to bring in Top 5-10 classes now, it seems like there is more consistency. Less chance of having a stellar year, but more chance to have a shot at championship each year.

Just curious. Seems like an interesting debate. Remember, I love Cal an UK, but I think it is a rational question.

39. RealCatsFan
    10:25 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Some of the best music in recent memory came out in the 90’s. Nirvana, Pearl Jam, STP, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Sublime, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, et. al. – haven’t seen a string of bands come out in the same time span since then. Today’s music = no comparison, IMO.

40. inlinefor9
    10:26 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

HA Hell no. Sweet 16 should be the minimum. That might sound crazy, but we are UK. Not saying we have to get to Final 4 every year but we should always be good enough to get to Sweet 16, with exception to running into a crazy upset game that could happen in the tourney.

41. Delk for 3
    10:28 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

That is something to be proud of if you are Tubby Smith. At least the second round of the tournament every year is quite the accomplishment.

42. RealCatsFan
    10:28 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

38, UNC would likely be called a “more traditional program”, and they are sucking the hind teat as well. Up and down seasons happen in college BB. Far too early to point the finger at Cal’s system, but I think he has clearly seen the need to develop more of a bench, and I think you will see some adjustments to his recruiting philosophy.

43. L2C8
    10:29 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Hugg and make up guys.

44. G-Unit
    10:29 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

People dont realize how on par UK is according to the HISTORY of National Champions that lost over 75% in scoring for the next season.

2007- Florida Won National Title

Lost: Corey Brewer, Taurean Green, Al Horford, Lee Humphrey, Joakim Noah, Chris Richard

2008- Lost 12 games, went to NIT

2008-2009- North Carolina Won Title

Lost: Larry Drew, Wayne Ellington, Bobby Frasor, Marcus Ginyard, Tyler Hansbrough

2009- Lost 13 games- Went to NIT

2011-2012 – UK Won Title

Lost: Anthony Davis, Terrence Jones, Marquis Teague, Doron Lamb, MKG and Darius Miller

2012-2013 – ??????

45. L2C8
    10:30 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

WOE WOE RYAN THIS IS GOING TO FAR NOW….

46. ryan
    10:30 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

travis – dont forget i have a 15 year old son so i know a lot of lingo like DFL just so I know what in the heck he and his friends are saying!!!

47. UK2K
    10:31 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Hey Matt the only Student Tickets left for Florida were the Upper Arena Student Section rows V and above,when you stay Student Section most think Erruption Zone

48. G-Unit
    10:31 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

And Matt – what you fail to mention about tubby is that he entered the NCAA Tournament 4 times as the overall #1 seed and failed to make the final four…. There is a reason why Minnesota Fans want him run out of town too!

49. HEYMATT
    10:32 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Hey Matt you still think Crean is a terrible coacc and bad fit for IU? Good thing your not an advisor to the athletic department at IU!

50. inlinefor9
    10:32 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

#42 Just to clarify, I’m not trying to point the finger at Cal’s system. I love bringing in the best players available each year. Just curious if you get more stability and greater chance at championship each year if you bring in guys that aren’t for sure one and done. Seems inherently more risky. Obviously with higher risk, there’s more reward. Again just some food for thought.

Again, I’d take Cal over anyone and I’m very happy with what he’s done thusfar at UK even if we do stink this year.

51. L2C8
    10:32 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

44 – TRUE, I MEAN WE LOST 6 PLAYERS TO THE NBA, If Duke lost 6 players and they were on the verge of going to the NIT, would everyone be so hard on them, or would it be, O well everyone has a “bridge” year. I mean you have to agree with that right. I mean we lost EVERYONE but 1 player who played 5 MINUTES a game if that.

52. that guy
    10:34 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

completely agree Matt. Unplugged in New York is one of the most hauntingly beautiful albums you will ever hear.

53. L2C8
    10:34 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Matt if you haven’t seen them on “Unplugged” you HAVE TO SEE IT. He rocks out on Unplugged. It’s great.

54. TJ
    10:34 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Hey G-Unit, what happened with Lawson? You said it was a done deal him to Uk but now his Coach is saying its not gonna happen

55. Ryne
    10:34 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

The one and done does give the fanbase a belief that they can win it every year. With the 4 year plan Louisville has they have one year to do what we do every year every 4 years. The problem when they don’t succeed they have to wait another 4 years to be back. We will be back on top next year. Have no fear #BELIEVE BLUE

56. Delk for 3
    10:35 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

38 — Cal’s way is better. With his way you have a huge chance to win a national championship every couple years. After this year, Indiana will not be in the conversation again for the national championship again for a few years.

57. Dougie Fresh
    10:36 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Matt, do you think this season will have Coach Cal re-thinking his recruiting strategy of “one and dones”? Maybe to mix “one and dones” with more 3-4 year players?

58. ListenUp
    10:36 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Kid Cuddi remade that song on his WIZARD album.

59. Delk for 3
    10:36 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Maybe our baseball team will make the College World Series this year. That would be somewhat of consolation prize after a rough year in fball and bball.

60. darrell
    10:37 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

the Oak Ridge Boys sang “In the Pines” much better version than Nirvana

61. Jeff Garlin
    10:38 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Middlesboro won a jim-dandy of a game last night against Bell County. Won by one point and I heard the dedicated the win to the man, the myth, the legend, Matt Jones!

62. Travis
    10:38 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I hate to burst the woman’s bubble on, “Believe Blue,” but Nike made those tees for UK last year. Sorry.

63. G-Unit
    10:40 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

54- Never said done deal, Said if he didnt take more visits it would be a done deal, but since he took 2 to TCU and La Tech, UK is likely the odd man out… The other day I said 50-50. Now more like 25-75.

64. L2C8
    10:40 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Matt do you think UL will have 40,000 at their spring practice like the “underdoggs” are thinking they would? What is the Largest crowd for a Spring Game? Do we know that?

65. Fake_Bill_Bad_Lamb
    10:40 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Who is going to Ref tonight? I don’t think it will be Shouse. Nor will he be sharein at Ryan’s house. That’s my point of view.

66. bigcatinva
    10:40 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Kurt Cobaine covered that song. IN THE PINES is an old Bluegrass song. Actually it’s my Dad’s favorite. I’ve never heard that version, thanks. STOOPS ON!

67. Turner the Burner
    10:40 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Where will Harrow go?

68. FatCat
    10:41 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Matt’s prediction for who comes back is the best possible scenario, IMO. Next year’s team doesn’t need Harrow or Goodwin and they have the ability to destroy chemistry with their issues. Addition by subtraction with those guys.

69. Harrow goin where
    10:41 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

where would harrow go? junior college

70. DantheCat
    10:42 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Matt…Speaking of this team affecting Wiggins and others, what is the chance those guys watch this team and just saying why are these guys doging it like they are..

71. G-Unit
    10:42 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I’m glad we didnt get Shabazz, you see his temper tantrum he threw when Drew didnt pass him the ball and hit the game winner? Then didnt celebrate and walked into the locker room alone. SHABAZZ IS NOT THE ANSWER TO THIS TEAM!

72. L2C8
    10:42 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Matt, HAVE WE HEARD ANYTHING FROM THE FOOT STABBER?

73. Delk for 3
    10:43 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

48 — To be fair to Tubby, don’t forget that Keith Bogans severely sprained his ankle in 2003 and that’s what kept us from beating Marquette and making the Final 4.

74. KCK
    10:43 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Unplugged was Nirvana’s last televised performance, but they did plenty of concert stops on their In Utero tour afterwards. Nirvana’s last live show was in Munich Germany on March 1, 1994. Kurt committed suicide on April 4, 1994.

75. J in Orlando
    10:43 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

38 I think its way too early to say Creans methods will work insofar as championships go. In 4 years of Cal we have legitimately contended for the title in 3 of those years…Crean has one seriously contending team so far

76. Jennifer
    10:44 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Matt,
    We have to remember these guys are kids. Athletes put an enormous amount of pressure on themselves to perform. I’ve seen this over and over with my own daughter who play bball. They are not going out there trying to blow it. They want to perform well, but sometimes the pressure mounts and is just too much. No matter how hard they try, it doesn’t equate on the court. Think about it–coach pressure, fan pressure, media pressure. I think it’s in their head now. I hope they can pull it together and get their confidence back where it needs to be.

77. MattSaid
    10:44 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Matt said the other night after the game that Cal would probably start adding more May’s type players to the team in the future after this season…….. isnt May’s a one a one and done……..

78. DantheCat
    10:44 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

64…Underdogs are shooting for that because they think that KENTUCKY is going to have that many at theirs…Period…

79. darrell
    10:45 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

C’mon Matt play some Oak Ridge Boys!! we know you’re a fan!

80. L2C8
    10:45 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

75 – Plus too, when your coach looks like someone off of Dick Tracy (butt-cut) that can’t be good.

81. C Ray
    10:45 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Ryan is the Costello to your Abbott Matt… Only your Costello hates homeless people, and American history.

82. Adam
    10:46 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Backstreet Boys > Nirvana

83. Horrible!
    10:46 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

that music is horrible – stop

84. KCK
    10:47 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

You’d have to argue that Eminem was the “Artist Of The 00s.” Like him or not, he is Billboard’s artist of the decade 00-10 with the most albums sold… and it wasn’t even close.

85. mikeyUKfan1
    10:47 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Now I’ve seen the footage of Nerlen’s injury a 100 times and I’ve got a suggestion for Florida concerning their basketball facilities. It’s time to update the goals from practice goals to game day goals. Those goals are really close to the baseline and will continue to hurt players.
    Go Big Blue ! ! !

86. B-man
    10:47 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

#50 – Cal’s 4 seasons at UK: 09-10 team had 3 losses and made it to the Elite 8 (one horrendous shooting night away from probably winning the Nat’l Championship that year); 10-11 team went to the Final Four; 11-12 team had 2 losses and were Nat’l Champs. 12-13 team, while “struggling” is still set to have a first round bye in the SEC tourney. SO, it would seem there’s far more support for Cal’s system than evidence against it. With exception to this year (so far), he has clearly/consistently put teams on the floor that have had exceptional chances of winning it all. I haven’t checked the facts, but UK may be the only team to at least reach the Elite 8 for each of the last 3 years.

87. ky_99
    10:47 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I honestly feel the problem with this team started with ESPN all access show. The Archie Goodwin wink sums it all up. They felt Nat’l Champions were attached to them from the get go and came out and realized teams couldn’t wait to get a piece of them. The whole show got under every teams skin and they have been ready to knock out the Cats from the get go.

88. Horrible!
    10:47 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

sounds like my dog after treein a possum

89. inlinefor9
    10:48 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

#56 That’s a fair point. So do the fans then need to adjust their mentality and put a high focus on the incoming class talent level? Basically, do we need to adjust our thinking to expect that in a given year where there is a talent dip in h/s that we are going to struggle the following year? Again, just food for thought.

As for IU, I think they are bringing in another Top 5 or Top 10 class next year. They’ll be “down” from this year but if you bring in Top 5-10 classes each year and develop those players over 2-3 years will the program maintain a higher level of constant success? You’ll have droughts still in those down years for h/s classes, but you’ll have guys in the program to hold you up so the drop isn’t as far.

Again, just curious about all this. I think Cal’s option has higher high’s and lower low’s but the Crean style has more consistency, but the highs aren’t as high.

90. Beans
    10:48 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Matt’s running out of stories. I’ve heard the Nirvana Grandma, and the backstreet boy stories at least three times each.

91. J in Orlando
    10:48 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

67 D-league or Europe…he wont be back

92. 87
    10:49 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

87 I would strongly agree with that statement

93. L2C8
    10:49 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Harrow had a Hell of a stat line against UT.
    0-2, 5 Fouls, 1 TO Now if that doesn’t say Hustle than my name isn’t Rick Pitino.

94. Delk for 3
    10:49 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Golf’s “February Madness” starts today with the Accenture Match Play Championship in Arizona. No Josh Teater though. Although not among the world’s top 64, the best golfer from our state has moved up to no. 106 in the world recently.

95. Cat Fan in Georgia
    10:50 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

64 – If my memory is correct, Alabama had 90,000+ at their spring game last year.

96. J in Orlando
    10:50 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

71 Disagree…this team needs a guy that gets mad because he wants the last shot…we need a guy (with elite talent)that gets mad period

97. G-Unit
    10:51 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

SHABAZZ IS A DAMN BABY!

98. G-Unit
    10:52 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Shabazz = Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me

99. inlinefor9
    10:53 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

#75 & #86. I understand that thought process and please know I’m not bashing Cal. I love the system he has here. Feel like I’m repeating this a lot but just to make everyone understand I’m not saying Cal’s system is wrong.

I think if we look at Cal’s 4 years so far and use Matt’s logic of the tourney being random, we look at the season and postseason as 2 different things. So the Wall and Davis years success in both reg season, and in Knight and Noel seasons, not much success in reg season. In postseason, obviously the Knight and Davis years were better.

But I don’t think we can look at the Wall team and say well they just had a bad shooting day so they were a success and then say, well Knight year got lucky to get out of first round, so they were a success. We could easily be looking at 2 years of Final Fours and 2 years of 1st round or worse.

100. Jamal Meeks
    10:54 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

This year’s offense is worse than 2007. Morris, Bradley, Crawford, and Meeks were all on that team. Plus Perry could score sporadically.

101. Edd
    10:54 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Please start giving Crazy Curtis the Fake Randy Savage treatment. Please. Please.

102. Bluegrass
    10:55 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

This team is like my grandpa always says “them boys got a lotta quit in ’em”

103. L2C8
    10:56 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

98 – If you have 2 of those players (Goodwin/Shabazz) how would that turn out? Would they be fighting and pulling hair at mid-court over who was going to shoot the ball next?

104. Bluegrass
    10:56 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

To be honest I only really want Noel, Wiltjer and Polson back. Everyone else can do what they want to do.

105. Smitty
    10:56 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Matt knows where he will be

106. Old lady
    10:56 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

(just posted this in the wrong thread–oops)
    I’m over 50 and have sung along to InSync and BB. I love this show but you guys can be a little ageist and sexist. Sometimes hear how you sound. I’m not mad. I just notice this sometimes.

107. asdf
    10:56 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

What will be the starting lineup tonight? Who will be at the point?

108. Turner the Burner
    10:57 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

If Mr. Perfect was so perfect, why did he not win the WWF Title?

109. inlinefor9
    10:57 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I guess my real question is, if we are all in on this style, don’t we kind of have to give a pass to Cal in the down years if the incoming talent isn’t good? Even if they are highly ranked, if the h/s talent level isn’t that great, do we have to give Cal a pass? It just seems like we have to see it coming so what do we expect Cal to do in this system if the incoming talent isn’t very high? Basically, do we have to take the bad and accept it, knowing the good is less than a year away?

110. G-Unit
    10:58 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

UCLA Plays better with Shabazz off the court… he is the problem with that team… watched them the other night, 12 trips down the floor Shabazz shot the ball…. he made 2 shots.

111. Old lady
    10:59 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

#76. Good point

112. J in Orlando
    10:59 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

99 youre looking at what couldve happened…Im looking at what did happen…In that same time frame Crean has yet to break the sweet 16…not saying he wont just just saying there isnt enough info to say Creans methods are working nearly as well

113. Ryan
    11:01 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

HEY MATT, will you talk about the mock bracket some more?? Does it really pay to be the fourth or 8th best team in the country in order to go out to a softer west coast bracket? Thoughts??

114. darrell
    11:03 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

i disagree with Matt on Michael Jackson on the 80’s, i’m gonna go with the Oak Ridge Boys

115. Richard The Investigator
    11:04 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Matt and the Crew – you all give Harrow absolutely zero credit. It’s like you have completely forgotten the stretch of the season where he was hands down our 2nd best player. From the Lipscomb game to the 2nd Auburn game he averaged 13 points per game and our team went 11-3 in that stretch. Our biggest win so far, at Ole Miss, he hit the biggest shot of the game. Give the kid some credit, without him we would be a lot worse.

116. WestWorld
    11:06 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Very husky voice on the Glenn’s Creek Beer Exchange commercial.

117. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:07 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Ooo – ta – wa

118. L2C8
    11:07 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

(OOwaTall)

119. John from Cincinnati
    11:08 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Who are everyone’s least favorite callers?

120. G-Unit
    11:08 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ub144PPpAc – Emmanuel Owootoah

Oh-woo-tow-ah

121. WestWorld
    11:08 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Harrow will have a good game tonight because Vandy sucks. Not so good on Saturday.

122. J in Orlando
    11:10 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

115 All he is saying is he predicts Harrow will be gone…which he will

123. tubby
    11:10 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Calm down, in CAL WE TRUST

124. Mac_Attack
    11:10 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

If Cal leaves the tie at home we win!

125. Delk for 3
    11:10 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

115 — He hasn’t scored in our last two games. The kid has clearly not given 100 percent and cannot be trusted. He has been much too inconsistent.

126. WestWorld
    11:11 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

She said it was on Cal – Matt agreed. This caller said it wasn’t – Matt agreed.

127. DrSayre
    11:12 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

haha UK_JB I won’t let you down!

128. Trav
    11:12 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

@YahooForde: Louisville spokesman says the university and Clint Hurtt have received a Notice of Allegations from the NCAA. Declined to say what it says.

129. Trav
    11:12 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Uhhh ohhhh!

130. theWilkman
    11:12 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Matt – Calipari is 4 syllables. Let’s get with it

131. Ryne
    11:13 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

On the wiggins johnson game. Tickets were to expensive for high school game. We can watch them play cheaper next year at Rupp

132. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:14 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Any chance they lose their Sugar Bowl win?

133. RealCatsFan
    11:15 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Speaking of IU, did anyone see Crean’s temper tantrum when they called the (obviously) flagrant foul on Watford in the game last night? What a diva! And then later, Quasimodo (i.e. Zeller) faked a shot to the jewels, doubling over in mock agony and looking back at the ref for a call. When they reviewed the play, it was obvious that he was faking, so nothing was called – no foul. Two examples of douchebaggery that make me root against the Hoosiers every time!

134. Ryne
    11:15 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I saw wiggins play @ marshall co. and boyd co. I went to dayton, but they played in a cracker box, and couldn’t get in

135. G-Unit
    11:15 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Pressey will dominate whoever we put on him…

136. RealCatsFan
    11:15 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

128, BOOM goes the dynamite!

137. Classmate_of_Drew_the_employee
    11:16 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Im a Ballard Grad and know Brandon Bender personally.
    He’s obviously been trying to make a name as a “runner”… And he has ties to that Emmanuel Oowatuha (sp?) guy. I’d probably stay away from him.

138. wildcatgal
    11:16 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Chester bringing the pain…

139. Ryne
    11:16 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Kentucky is on the Rise!!! agree with this caller

140. Ryne
    11:16 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Tell’em chester

141. KCK
    11:16 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Chester is certainly my least favorite caller. He’s corny, magoo, and the most ridiculous sort of homer.

142. Ryne
    11:16 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I’m with ya brother

143. Ryne
    11:17 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

polson is the man

144. Delk for 3
    11:17 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Chester’s opinion is worthless. I’ll never forget his dumbass supporting Joker Phillips when it was clear as day that he was a terrible coach.

145. Trav
    11:17 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Chester is PISSED!!!!!!!!!

146. Ryne
    11:17 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

True dat True dat

147. Edd
    11:18 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Chester is scaring me.

148. TrinityPills
    11:18 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

5 star hoops recruit for 2014 died last night during game.

Terribly sad.

149. robuk
    11:18 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Chester is such an idiot.

150. WestWorld
    11:18 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Didn’t he go on a rant about how great Joker Phillips was? Hard to take serious after that.

151. Ryne
    11:18 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Love chester true fan!! always believe

152. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:18 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Is this going to be another Nate situation? Matt, please don’t run Chester off.

153. ktmiln2
    11:18 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Chester has gone full Annie, you never go full Annie.

154. Delk for 3
    11:18 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Chester is ignorant.

155. G-Unit
    11:18 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Emanuel Owootoah would clown Polson. Absolutely Clown him

156. DrSayre
    11:18 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I hope Polson hears this call haha

157. Edd
    11:19 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I can’t wait for the Chester apology.

158. KCK
    11:19 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Chester is a corny moron.

159. Kittycatchat
    11:19 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

WHY IS THIS GUY YELLING INTO MY HEADSET!!!!!!

160. TrinityPills
    11:19 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Oops…apparently not a 5 star. But still incredibly sad.

161. JoeMoney333
    11:19 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Hey, I went to IUPUI Ryan… lol watch it w/ your Ewuipuewie stuff lol.

162. Mike
    11:19 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Oh come on. This guy is one of those “When is Richie gonna start” types. Gotta the Kentucky boys that work hard and really wanna play for Kentucky, over those “furrenners”.

163. KSR Paducah
    11:19 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Chester for President! We’ve gotta believe! Go Cats!

164. Nathan
    11:19 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Chester is ridiculous.

165. Ryne
    11:19 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

If we could all be like Chester the fanbase would be better off

166. Edd
    11:19 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

That was a top 5 call.

167. BPM
    11:20 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I love Polson’s effort but we got thumped by 30 by a team with a .500 record in the SEC in his first start as a point guard. He is probably not the answer. And yes, I know it wasn’t his fault we got thumped.

168. Coach T
    11:20 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Chester is why I love Kentucky Basketball. He is talking about the heart and passion players need to play with. I’ve coached a long time and what I know as a coach, no matter how much talent you have on your team you can only motivate the motivated.

169. Trav
    11:20 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

This dudes an idiot. Chester, you just said some really stupid stuff. Need to go home, take a nap and watch some soaps and try again tomorrow. Today, the brain is not operating at full power.

170. ktmiln2
    11:20 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I mean seriously, just because you practice hard doesn’t mean you necessarily start. That’s some straight up Billy G talk

171. L2C8
    11:20 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I have to agree with “The Craze” (Chester), Polson is playing harder than anyone right now. If I were a 5-star player with all the hype around me as these kids did at the 1st of the year, I would step up and out play him, because I’ll be honest with ya, Polson might not have as much upside as these kids, but if you didn’t know these players as good as we do, you wouldn’t know it.

172. Yes
    11:21 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Chester got me all emotional. That’s the spirit we need..

F it.. I say we make the tournament. We are the hunters now, not the hunted

173. ksr mind freak
    11:21 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Ryan Matt pls someone say Hood should transfer and then take chesters call!!!!!

174. C Ray
    11:21 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

If only our 3 amigos Poythress,Goodwin,Harrow had Chesters passion & heart… We’d be repeating National Champs!! #Truth

175. Ryne
    11:21 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

162 sounds like a bandwagoner… Guys like Richie is why Kentucky is what it is

176. Dougie Fresh
    11:21 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Hey #73. IMO I think I guy by the name of Dwayne Wade kept Tubby from the final four that year! Sure with Bogans it may have been a tighter game but Wade was on another planet that day. It was his coming out party!

177. 133
    11:21 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

i would put cal and crean at the top of the list for coaches who show the most emotion on a sideline!

178. L2C8
    11:22 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

It all starts with a 5 letter word, that I haven’t seen much of this year(other than Noel) and that word is HEART. When you think UK Basketball, you think Heart, Top Notch, BEST EVER.

179. tubby
    11:22 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Julius Mays reminds me of Chris Lofton

180. ryan
    11:22 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

JoeMoney333 – i seriously considered going to IUPUI to play baseball

181. Delk for 3
    11:22 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I watched the IU game last night. I will say that Victor Oladipo is an awesome player and IU will be very tough to beat this year in the tournament.

182. Mike Phillips
    11:22 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I just saw where one time 2013 Vandy point guard commit Darius Thompson is back on the market. He’s 6-4 and from Murfreesboro, Tenn. I wonder if the Cats are interested?

183. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:23 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Matt, it was on KSR at 10:15.

184. carol
    11:23 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I love chester

185. Travis ruins KSR everyday
    11:23 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Where you at Travis? My day is going OK right now. Come ruin it.

186. Beans
    11:23 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Oladepo and OfficeMax are merging. So he’ll only have 3 syllables going forward.

187. HugoCabrera
    11:23 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

The only player with 6 syllables was Disappearious Miller.

188. Red Bird Arena
    11:23 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Four syllables? Psht, try Olowakandi… *drops mic*

189. L2C8
    11:23 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Matt I think I can help out with the Pam/Pand situation… I think it is
    Oh-Wah-Tah

190. Ryne
    11:24 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

#HUNTER NOT THE HUNTED

191. Jack Nicklaus
    11:24 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Dang man…Chester got me sweatin’ and jittery

192. HugoCabrera
    11:24 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

*5 syllables. I’m stuck on stupid today.

193. Delk for 3
    11:24 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

179 — Not even close. Lofton was way better than Julius Mays could ever dream of being. Major differences: Lofton could create his own shot and was a big-time scorer nearly every game.

194. AnchorageCat
    11:24 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I would love to live in Chester’s world.

195. RealCatsFan
    11:26 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

172, we are the defending national champs – we will ALWAYS be the hunted. Maybe not feared this year, but hunted – yes.

196. Ryne
    11:26 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Thats the motivation… play now or pick splinters

197. Delk for 3
    11:26 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Devin Aromashodu

198. WestWorld
    11:26 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Good point about Wiggins.

199. Trav
    11:27 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I have a ton of heart and love UK basketball. I bet id go all out balls to the wall crazy if I practiced! Think I should try out if that’s all you need to start.

200. HugoCabrera
    11:29 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Wiggins, Randle, the Harrisons and Gordon would all start this year, as HS seniors.
    Towns would start this year as a HS junior.

Call me crazy.

201. Ryne
    11:29 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

#STORMS COMING

202. Ryne
    11:30 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Not every class has one and doner’s

203. Gamblers Anonymous
    11:30 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

How would you choose UK over Baylor at 100-1 odds after Baylor beat us on our home court with Noel???

204. G-Unit
    11:32 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Hey Matt:

Love to hear your take on Jay Bilas’ tweet saying “Mark Emmert your resignation is not recommended, it is required”

205. I_got_the_blues
    11:33 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I grew up, literally 3 houses down from Brian Littrell and his family. Kevin, his cousin, was very nice to me and my brothers when he visited. We are close to the same age and would play ball together when we were growing up. Once they were in BSB, Brian would come home and have security block off the court where we lived. This was really for their safety because there were a ton of girls lining the sidewalk to get a glimpse of them. Trust me, knowing them really helped in high school if you know what I mean.

206. darrell
    11:34 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

i bet Chester likes the Oak Ridge Boys

207. HugoCabrera
    11:35 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Calipari loves smacking Antigua, so I can imagine the birthday spankin’ will be epic.

208. ky_99
    11:35 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Matt- Let’s get an on air poll of the over/under the Cal wears a tie tonight? It’s the curse of the TIE

209. Smitty
    11:36 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Pretty sure it was Hurrican Antigua

210. Smitty
    11:36 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Hurricane*

211. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:37 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Orlando went by ‘Hurricane’ as a Globetrotter.

212. G-Unit
    11:37 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

CHESTER IS A DAMN IDIOT! HIS RANT PRO-JOKER NULLIFIES ANYTHING HE SAYS.

*Drops Mic*

213. MikeMike
    11:37 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

O’s nickname was “Hurricane”…wikipedia goes hambone

214. stxcat
    11:37 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

If you all read your own website you all would know his nickname

215. Bubba Earl
    11:37 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Yep, 209 you got it “The Hurricane”

216. ky_99
    11:37 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Orlando Antigua’s nickname was HURRICANE bc of his dazzling moves and quickness (thanks Wiki)

217. HugoCabrera
    11:38 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Chester reminds me of Kurt Russell in Tombstone when he starts going after the cowboys. “You tell ’em I’m coming…and HELL’s coming with meeeee!”

Oh, you’re a man and you’ve never seen Tombstone? Well…this is awkward.

218. Ryne
    11:38 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I believe #BELIEVE BLUE

219. L2C8
    11:38 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Matt, I’ve figured it out….
    As the Great UK Footstabber would say
    Ouu-wa-toe.

220. Coach T
    11:38 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I loved Orlando Antigua in Space Jam. I love Space Jam.

221. G-Unit
    11:38 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Someone tell me who on our team is going to stop Phil Pressey….

222. big j dawg
    11:39 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

You must be really trying to help your numbers with women.
    You are seriously 1000x nicer to them than any guy that calls in, besides john short.

223. robuk
    11:39 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I have been cheering just like this woman says all season long and so has most of the fans. this caller is a nut job.

224. Ringo40503
    11:39 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

You start smack talking the “Pride of Nicholasville” Polson and some people just get upset.

225. Ryne
    11:39 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Kentucky?

226. Ryne
    11:40 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Its a team that gets hot late

227. Rockfield, KY
    11:40 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

221. Sam Malone needs to be our goon tonight

228. KentuckyRosie
    11:41 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

This is Butler’s year. Brad Stevens is gonna take the brackets by storm. Mark it down.

229. Bluegrass
    11:41 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

It pains me to say this, but Victor Oladipo is absolutely amazing! I wish he played for a different team so that I could root for him. The kid is really good.

230. Ryne
    11:42 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Stay positive!!!

231. Bluegrass
    11:43 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

When filling out your brackets, don’t overlook St. Louis!! They absolutely took it to VCU and beat the tar out of Butler this year. That team has fantastic Guard Play and is a legit contender. I wouldn’t want to play them!

232. Nope
    11:44 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

This team’s problems could be solved with one therapeutic massage session with LJ

233. Delk for 3
    11:44 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

221 — We won’t be trying to stop him. We’re just gonna hope to contain him.

234. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:44 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

229) I’m with you. He’s a great player.

235. Hink
    11:44 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

UK shouldn’t give any kids from Kentucky a basketball scholarship until after their 1st year to prove their worth.

236. Delk for 3
    11:45 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

229 — Totally agree. He has turned into a phenomenal player.

237. darrell
    11:45 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

FUN FACT: Conway Twitty once received an offer to play with the Philadelphia Phillies

238. JB from Somerset
    11:45 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Matt, caller was right on, Cal was doing individual workouts with both Archie and Alex. So, what happened?, you get individual workouts with a great coach and you dont improve or show EFFORT, WTH?

239. Ryne
    11:47 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Goodwin at the point back up with Polson, Mays at the 2 gaurd back up with Harrow

240. Turner the Burner
    11:48 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

TOO FAST!!

241. Delk for 3
    11:50 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I think you have to play Harrow over Polson if you want to possibly be at your best. You can’t have passive Harrow playing though. If I was Calipari I would demand that Ryan shoot the ball a lot. When he is aggressive, he usually plays well.

242. RealCatsFan
    11:51 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

I wonder if Stan Heath will also get a letter of allegations this week? Something like that could be enough of a distraction for Mizzou to help the Cats out a little bit on Saturday.

243. Delk for 3
    11:53 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

To be honest Matt, I would think you know why he doesn’t like you. You have called him out on your show many times before.

244. HugoCabrera
    11:53 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Billy wasn’t attacking you. Chill.

He’s on a Louisville show making a joke about a Kentucky guy.

In three min you poked fun at his age, his relevance, his dying career. Dang.

I’m gon’ keep yo name out my mouth.

245. inlinefor9
    11:53 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

You know who shouldn’t have their own segment. MF’n Kevin.

246. DrSayre
    11:53 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Whoa, were not talking about the Welsh International Footballer? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Reed

247. Bmac
    11:55 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Is there a bigger UK fan than Kevin Slap Nuts?

248. karl hungus
    11:55 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

billy reed was a ka? i immediately renounce my transy ka membership. shit.

249. Delk for 3
    11:55 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Are you serious Matt? You don’t know why Billy doesn’t like you? You can’t be serious.

250. HugoCabrera
    11:56 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Billy Reed: “You know what you did.”

251. doubleDfence
    11:56 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Another obvious L-ville fan when they say “U of K”

252. Delk for 3
    11:57 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

Lamb, Miller, Jones, Teague, MKG, Davis — While some may have been more important that others, all of these guys had a big role in winning the championship.

253. Kim
    11:58 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

The ESPN Roadshow came to Two Keys in 1997 and Billy Reed and Charley Steiner were interviewing people for the show. I was bartending for the “VIP” section and met him, even did a shot with Mel Turpin. Fun event to work.

254. Bluegrass
    11:58 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

251- that and the fact when he started his call he said “im a UofL fan”

But you’re right, and it drives me up the wall when “UK” fans do it (Im looking at you – old people!!)

255. Ryne
    11:59 am February 20, 2013 Permalink

woah!!! Lamb was the key returning piece. Miller was the second best returning piece. You gotta have that outside threat. With Miller you didn’t know when he was going to show up. Jones was almost non-existent. Davis and MKG were huge as well, but Lamb was the KEY piece

256. Ryne
    12:01 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

just like if meeks came back the Wall&co. team was a lock for the title

257. Ryne
    12:01 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

have to have outside threat. That is why I still believe in this team

258. Donkeykong
    12:05 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

Matt, hindsight being 20/20, what the flaw was in Cal’s one and done system this year was not to have enough talent left on the roster to compensate for the weakness in this years recruiting class. Although having the top rated class, the talent was down this year and that it why the draft is going to be weak also. In years past(and the future hopefully also)the top class has been talented enough to conquer experience, this years class not so much, and with no help left on the roster it was a recipe for a down year(even with a healthy Noel).

259. Bluegrass
    12:06 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

Ryne – but he wasn’t a “leader” and that’s what they were talking about

260. Debate King
    12:11 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

#38, Next time you debate ask yourself these questions…
    What has Crean ever won?
    How many final 4’s does Crean have?
    What has Cal won?
    How many final 4’s does Cal have?

Short debate when you consider those questions!

261. Mc
    1:02 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

#38. I agree with #260. Also, wait until this point next year and ask the same questions you have. You can’t completely change an opinion on Cal after one average season with his track record. What would you have said in year 3 for Crean. He’s barely above .500 at IU.

262. Danny
    1:04 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

Anyone know if, and what channel the game is on Directv tonight?

263. So_true
    2:31 pm February 20, 2013 Permalink

Billy Reed went to work for the state when Jim Host was the Secretary of the Commerce Cabinet. Jim Host left early when Blackberry Jam started up and I think Billy left too.

264. Ryne