Brian Lane thinks you’re crazy if you believe Cal “rolls the ball out”

Fresh off his team’s 46-point exhibition loss to Kentucky, Transylvania head coach Brian Lane complimented John Calipari and the UK staff on how well they’re coaching this young team.  Lane said he visited a couple of preseason workouts in the Craft Center and he is impressed by how hard the staff is working.

“If you think they recruit the best players and then roll out the ball, you’re crazy,” Lane said. “I, like you, will be eager to see (Kentucky) as the season progresses.”

On whether or not he’d like to continue being one of Kentucky’s two exhibition games in the future, Lane said he loves the opportunity to walk down Broadway and play the Cats.

“They can beat the crap out of us and I’ll walk down here every single year,” Lane said of continuing the Battle on Broadway. “As long as it’s not snowing or raining.”

Article written by Drew Franklin

17 Comments for Brian Lane thinks you’re crazy if you believe Cal “rolls the ball out”

1. My wife
    10:25 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

“Turn that off. Matt Jones doesn’t belong in the bedroom.”

Stay out of my wife’s bedroom Matt Jones. You have been warned.

2. My wife
    10:27 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

Speaking of goings on in my bedroom.. True to form.. I’m first.

3. Toody
    10:27 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

Wow…. All I can think about is that move by Sam Malone… Just wow….

4. Chi-TownCat
    10:30 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

Killer crossover by Malone!

5. Floyd
    10:31 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

I hope Brian Lane appreciates walking down Broadway to the game.

6. Mike
    10:35 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

Sup with Kyle??…2-8 shooting and 0-5 from three….hope he just had an off night. Goodwin outboards all the bigs??…Poythress only a shadow of what we hope he will be.

7. Thanks for all the negativity
    10:38 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

6 thanks for all the negativity

8. Gavin S.
    10:38 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

Cal will let you know that’s not the case with his most humble humble-brag early and often.

9. twnky
    10:39 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

Class act by this guy. I have no problem playin an in state team that collects a check from us while we get a diff look from guys that have usually played together for awhile.

10. Duke sucks
    10:46 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

#6 Kyle might have problems with his D and rebounding. But you can rest assured his offence will be there. Just a off shooting night. Kyle is in range when he gets off the bus.

11. Badams
    10:57 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

10, not be the spelling police but I see you type this every time. It’s offenSe, defenSe lol. But you a right, Kyles offense will be just fine.

12. Rick
    12:00 am November 6, 2012 Permalink

Demand that you play future games on a neutral court damit!

13. Gre8tness
    12:20 am November 6, 2012 Permalink

I say they make this permanent tradition. Do it every year. Add Georgetown College and Kstate to the 2nd game play instate small schools for all exhibitions .

14. Big Whoop
    5:24 am November 6, 2012 Permalink

Transy gets a nice paycheck which helps their athletic department plus they get some tv time. They have zero travel costs for this game, and Cal held some kind of funraising dinner for them. They get a lot for a butt-whoopin’. And, UK fans can support the pioneers because most of them are Kentucky kids. Win-win situation because the Cats get to experiment and just mess around (first half).

15. SeoulCat
    6:39 am November 6, 2012 Permalink

#11, “defence” and “offence” are the accepted spellings of these two words in countries where the British variants are preferred (just like “neighbour,” “centre,” etc.).

16. barn
    7:16 am November 6, 2012 Permalink

why not play home & home. every other year we walk down to their place

17. Uncle Si
    8:57 am November 6, 2012 Permalink

15. Look here. This is America, Jack. We spell them with an S and and OR. When I was in Vietnam, we had to spell it with an S and OR instead of a C and and OUR, so that’s how I’m gonna spell it now.