Brian Adams’ Late Night Notes

The University of Kentucky’s dual-sport athlete, Brian Adams, had a big game today for the UK baseball team. Adams, who gave up spring football to focus on baseball, hadn’t been having a memorable season up until this point. Tonight against Alabama, Adams went 3-4, including a 2 out 2 run homer (his 1st of the year) in the 3rd game of the series this evening. Congratulations to Brian Adams. Good to see him making an impact on the field for the Bat Cats.

– Today was a slow news day for Kentucky basketball and football, but a huge day for the UK spring sports. The men’s baseball team wrapped up a series sweep of Alabama this evening, fighting off rain to get back on the winning side of things after a few SEC series losses.

The UK men’s tennis team also had a big day, as they advanced to the Sweet 16 of the NCAA tournament for the third consecutive year. Kentucky advanced by defeating Indiana 4-0. Eric Quigley, reigning two-time “Mr. Wildcat” award winner, led the charge for the Wildcats, scoring wins in both singles and doubles play. Quigley is ranked 3rd in the country in singles play and figures to be a big part of Kentucky’s potential to make a deep NCAA tournament run.

– Nerlens Noel continued in his Twitter recruiting efforts, this time putting in a good word to Montrezl Harrell. I’m not sure if Calipari’s priorities align with Noel’s, but Nerlens seems to have Harrell on his radar. Noel tweeted this to Harrell earlier today: “u already know #BBN wants u bro !! But no pressure lol. Check it out”

– As reported earlier this evening on the site, Anthony Bennett finally ended his recruitment process by making the decision we had all come to expect at this point. Bennett decided to stay out west to attend UNLV. Depending on who you ask, Bennett gives UNLV anywhere from a Top 15 to a Top 5-6 recruiting class now. Considering his final two options were Oregon and UNLV, the bigger question in all of this is does anyone ever actually choose Oregon? I feel like Oregon makes the trimmed lists of many top prospects but very rarely becomes the final destination of choice.

– Two former Wildcats squared off tonight in the first game of the NBA Eastern Conference semifinals. Jodie Meeks and the 76ers tipped off against Rajon Rondo and the Boston Celtics earlier this evening. The Celtics won by the narrowest of margins, 92-91. Rondo finished the game with a triple-double, recording 13 points, 17 assists and 12 rebounds. Just another day at work for Rondo. Meeks on the other hand had a modest stat line, recording 3 points in only 6 minutes. One of many great things John Calipari has given us in his time so far as the head coach at Kentucky is a new batch of NBA players with Kentucky ties to cheer for proudly. In a few years we could have well over 30 former Kentucky players in the NBA. It will be interesting to see which one of Calipari’s former Kentucky players will be the first to win the NBA title. Any guesses?

– And finally, because the UK baseball team is one of the biggest stories on campus right now, for all of you stat lovers out there: UK baseball has won the most games at Cliff Hagan (29) in program history. UK leads the NCAA in wins (41) and is first to 40 wins in the NCAA this season. Due to their success this season, Kentucky expects to host at least some portion of post-season play at Cliff Hagan. If you haven’t jumped on the Bat Cats bandwagon by now, finding a way to make it out to one of those post-season games will be well worth it.

See you tomorrow for what promises to be…likely a rather slow day. But we’ll see what we can do.

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

33 Comments for Brian Adams’ Late Night Notes

1. David from San Diego
    11:02 pm May 12, 2012 Permalink

Rajon Rondo has been in the NBA for a while and we have all seen him play but his game is so special it never gets old. Its impossible not to wonder what he could have been like for UK if he had a coach who made great players better like Cal. Such a sad story Tubby coached him and like many of our other great players under Tubby, limited his potential and growth as a Wildcat. Was great to see Jodie Meeks with some minutes as well. Wildcat fans have so much to cheer about in many of the NBA games played these days and that trend will continue to expand. #BBN

2. Nat Christianato
    11:15 pm May 12, 2012 Permalink

What happens if we don’t get Jefferson or Mays? I know we’ll still be contender, but how do we fill the rest of the spots? Do we fill the rest of the spots?

3. Old Henry Man
    11:16 pm May 12, 2012 Permalink

I like Nerlens more and more each day. He wants #9 as bad as I do.

4. JT
    11:20 pm May 12, 2012 Permalink

Right now we have a Top 15 team that has the potential to improve and make a Final Four run. To be a true Top 5 team and considered to be one of the few that can win the NC, we need to sign a shooting guard that can contribute in a meaningful way and either Montrezel Harrell (my preference) or Amile Jefferson. The team we have right now is too green and will not score more than 65 pts. per game.

5. Old Henry Man
    11:22 pm May 12, 2012 Permalink

#4 I agree. For the current roster to score 65 points, Goodwin and Wilter would have to average 20 each.

6. Twany Beckham
    11:25 pm May 12, 2012 Permalink

Is there any chance I become a big factor on next year’s team? I swear I can drive and even shoot!

7. the Big Dog
    11:33 pm May 12, 2012 Permalink

A lot of fans were expecting big things out of Brian after last year’s scimmages. Never happened.

8. catmandoo
    11:38 pm May 12, 2012 Permalink

Wow, Rondo got 3 sentences for his triple double. Great to see KSR give so much love to one of Kentucky’s finest.

9. Pony
    11:46 pm May 12, 2012 Permalink

#8: Rondo was also one of Kentucky’s finest turds as a person.

10. Blueballn
    11:52 pm May 12, 2012 Permalink

When is Big Blue Madness?!!!!!!!

11. Dude.......
    12:01 am May 13, 2012 Permalink

I know it’s the offseason of football/b-ball but KSR is going to to $#@t lately. Matt/Drew/Beisner get lazy and put it into the hands of these new writers and soon, people will stop visiting the site. It’s been very boring….

12. Dr. Funke
    12:15 am May 13, 2012 Permalink

I agree with #8, rondo’s eighth postseason triple double is a huge deal and deserves more mention.

13. Higg
    12:19 am May 13, 2012 Permalink

11- I agree please ksr you’re better than the crap you’re putting out

Uk bball will loss 10 next year n of u think I’m WAY off you’re kidding yourself go cats regardless

Uk football 2-3 wins period if you think I’m WAY off you r blind due to the fact you’re a fan or u know zero about football

Barnfart is a joke of an ad

Joker is horible if u think I’m wrong u know nothing about football

Ksr please put some public heat on the ad about their football coach grow a pair and not worry about lossing your credentials

14. CATS
    12:22 am May 13, 2012 Permalink

Nerlens tweeted Montrezl because of me! I asked him to tweet/recruit Montrezl similar to the way he did Bennett. He didn’t even know who he was at first and I had to tell him about Harrell. He asked me if he had twitter and I told him Harrell’s twitter name. About an hour later he tweets him and they start having a conversation. I feel like I have a huge role in this recruitment by Nerlens haha.

15. Grezzyoldgranny
    12:27 am May 13, 2012 Permalink

I love it when this sight gets positive negative comments that r true they get all whiny n just say go somewhere else

Lol bad management

Post r getting full
    Writers r middle school at best
    U don’t put ANY heat on uk because the ad threatened pulling your credentials
    J U M P E D the S H A R K

16. SuperCats
    1:00 am May 13, 2012 Permalink

just watched the replay of the Championship game
    scary!
    we need a another forward!!! a 3 or 4
    to help Poythress, Who by the way can dominate at 4 in college!

17. kywildcat
    1:20 am May 13, 2012 Permalink

95% of the comments on this site anymore is trolls, i am retiring till November.

18. tyson
    1:33 am May 13, 2012 Permalink

Hey KSR crew, why don’t you try to get Chuck Hayes, PPat, or someone else to co-host a live blog during one of the NBA playoff games?

19. SexnNursinHomes
    7:16 am May 13, 2012 Permalink

17- no doubt. Trolls, and Whiners who just complain about every post written. Damn, people need to get laid more often. Nothing but Mr Grouchy pants on here. Feel bad for the KSR writers, it takes a lot to write posts everyday, 365 days a year. Only to realize that readers criticize them like RuPaul does the Trannies on Drag Race.

20. kk
    8:01 am May 13, 2012 Permalink

Apparently the twenty people posting negative comments under different names have been out in full force today. While it would be great if Matt and Drew wrote 24/7 and devoted every single minute of their lives to entertain us, they deserve a few hours of down time. The writers this weekend have been fine. It’s summer, no news, what do you expect? Would love to see what brilliant, entertaining posts you gripers could produce. Quit trying to down KSR and go read elsewhere if you don’t like it.

21. lalablue
    8:10 am May 13, 2012 Permalink

I agree 17 & 19. I ‘ve noticed the negativity for a couple of weeks. Wonder if it could be rival blogs (Steve/Scott, etc) trying to run off KSR readers. Wish Matt and Drew would check the ip’s and out them if it is. I remember Drew threatening to do that once.

22. tdogg40330
    8:29 am May 13, 2012 Permalink

21) Its the same people signing in on different names, most are UL fans with nothin better to do in life … lol

23. WhatSheOrder?FishFilet?
    8:29 am May 13, 2012 Permalink

No news of Mays committing to Purdue? Sign him up…

24. tdogg40330
    8:30 am May 13, 2012 Permalink

SnNH what up buddy??

25. Doubledynasty2012
    8:34 am May 13, 2012 Permalink

Where can I find the Mitch Barnhart Interview?… I don’t have insight and I would love to see it!

26. WhatSheOrder?FishFilet?
    8:37 am May 13, 2012 Permalink

18) as long as we have Turkey Hunter and/or Tomlin, the upcoming NBA Draft Live Blog has a chance to be the greatest of all time

27. SexnNursinHomes
    8:48 am May 13, 2012 Permalink

24- shame ol’ thang. haha I hope you doing well.

28. mays
    8:51 am May 13, 2012 Permalink

I told cal i would go to uk if i start and get thirty minutes per game. I am not coming off the bench in my last year.

29. Chuck
    8:52 am May 13, 2012 Permalink

14- Stop stalking 18 year old boys. Seriously, stop. It is creepy.

30. WhatSheOrder?FishFilet?
    8:53 am May 13, 2012 Permalink

Also, I just stumbled upon the greatest KSR picture of all time. http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?attachment_id=11159

31. pioneer
    9:18 am May 13, 2012 Permalink

#14 you did nothing to help recruitment! And thus far twitter recruiting has done nothing for us. See Anthony Bennett!

32. JaredCarterIsMyHomeboy
    9:53 am May 13, 2012 Permalink

The first UK-John Calipari player to win the title will be the first one to land on the Miami Heat.

33. CATS
    10:26 am May 13, 2012 Permalink

#29 – I’m sorry I’m a UK fan and just a teenage girl thinking it’s awesome to have a UK recruit write back to me on twitter. At least Im not an old man doing it.
    #31 – I didn’t say I helped recruitment as far as Cal goes. I said I helped Nerlens recruit him since I asked Nerlens to do it, he wrote back saying okay, then did it. Just because we don’t get a recruit via twitter, doesn’t mean we still aren’t recruiting him. I said I helped Nerlens recruit this guy, and I did. I gave him the idea. I never said we would actually get Montrezl.