Darrell Cartwright of Scout.com is in Birmingham and is reporting these facts:
1. Eric Bledsoe earned his grade according to the Superintendent of the Birmingham Schools and his Algebra III teacher.
2. The difference in the report and his final grade was due to some makeup work done by Bledsoe that led to a grade change.
3. The teacher said the makeup work warranted the grade change that was given.
4. The report goes further to say they have no evidence to the contrary to show that the makeup work was not done.
5. Report said that there may have been issues with documentation and support showing work, but Superintendent was firm in belief that the grade was deserved.
6. The report does raise questions about the school board’s policy in terms of how long people have for makeup work, but the Superintendent did say that Bledsoe earned his grade.
7. The Birmingham News has looked at the full report and has released this article in which they say that the reasons for the grade change were “not credible.”
8. Nevertheless, the school board will take no action against Bledsoe’s high school and will only make changes to policy propsectively.
A summary of what all this means shortly.
More to come….