BREAKING: Emmaneul Mudiay is good at basketball

rn_emmanuelmudiay_ms_576

Are you questioning whether I know what qualifies as breaking news? Good, so am I. There was once a time when I was certain that it was a major event that JUST happened, and therefore required everyone to drop everything and tune in. According to CNN though, it’s really just news that has been reported ad nauseum, except with the word BREAKING in front of it. So here I am, confused. Anyway, the point remains the same, 2014 prospect and UK-target Emmanuel Mudiay is really, really good. How good? I’ll let Evan Daniels fill you in on the latest from the recruiting trail:

High praise for a class that is loaded on talent, especially at the point guard spot. Tyus Jones gets most of the hype, but Mudiay might just be the best 1-guard in the class. Cal’s in on both of them, and Okafor-Jones package deal aside, it’ll be interesting to see if he tips his hand as to which point guard he’d prefer to see in the blue and white.

Article written by Andrew McCarthy

28 Comments for BREAKING: Emmaneul Mudiay is good at basketball

1. bmt22033
    1:11 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

Mudiay > Jones.

2. rixter
    1:13 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

What, no news on the current crop of 7th graders???

3. dotdot
    1:19 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

get em both .. ala wall-bledsoe

4. Austin
    1:21 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

5. CNN is a joke
    1:31 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

Mudiay>Jones

Fox News>CNN

6. JThompsonUK
    1:31 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

We’ve had two really good point guards before. No problem.

7. Boogie
    1:32 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

Been saying this for about a year now. Mudiay is so fast and so strong. His jumpshot is much father along than people think. This kid can really play.

8. ULtattooman
    1:32 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

Siva is better

9. Fair and Balanced
    1:33 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

Fox News is Fair and Balanced. Repeat: Fox News is Fair and Balanced. Repeat:…….

10. BleedBlue
    1:45 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

I read KSR daily, and I know you report ‘in the most ridiculous manner possible’, but do any of the writers on KSR proofread their posts? Every one has a grammatical error that would be easily caught on 1 proofread. The third sentence in this post. Come on guys. You’re better than that.

11. Andrew McCarthy
    1:50 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

Much appreciated, BleedBlue. Fixed. I’ll be sure to proofread the next one.

12. BBN
    2:15 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

Mudiay is the best PG prospect of the group.

13. Seriously
    2:17 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

Do not start a post with BREAKING if it’s not actually breaking.

14. Kentucky fan
    2:18 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

I like him better than Tyus Jones. Probably just as good, and bigger. I just worry that we won’t get Jahlil Okafor, unless Dakari stays for a second year.

15. Kentucky fan
    2:20 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

Although, if we do land Tyus Jones and Jahlil Okafor, that would be rather awesome. As 3 said, Wall and Bledsoe!

16. Bleed Blue
    2:21 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

@10 you imposter I’m the real Bleed Blue. Ok, time to move on. Mudiay said that he doesn’t want to play with Jones because he wants to be the PG, plus he said that Cal wants him to be his PG. Jones can’t play the SG in my opinion cause he is very small and he is made to play the PG position, he doesn’t shoot it great. Bledsoe didn’t either, but he had the ability to slash and get the rim at will, Jones is best as a distributor and setting other people up.

17. Austin
    2:29 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

Jones just looks like a Duke player. He is good, but he won’t be as good in the NBA unless he grows a few inches. Really skilled and a good athlete. When he gets stronger, he will be a great college player. He doesn’t look like a one and done type to me, but he has a lot of time to get better. Mudiay already has NBA size and athleticism, just needs to fill out and improve. Cal seems to get these kids that might be a little better down the road than the great college players. If you can get a team full of talented guys that haven’t hit their peak, it can still work out. Ask the 2012 squad.

18. Austin
    2:38 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

Jahil Okafor reminds me of Jared Sullinger, and Jones reminds me of Mike Conley a little bit. I think they go to the Buckeyes or to Duke.

Mudiay reminds me of John Wall’s size, not quite that athletic but close, and maybe a little better shooter.

Towns is the most intriguing prospect to me. I think he has the best chance in the class to be an All Star in the NBA. He might not impact the game quite as much as some others yet, but I think when his body and mind meet his skills, he will be the best guy in this class.

19. Coach Cal
    2:39 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

Everything else being equal, I prefer the taller guy. Height is a big advantage in basketball. If EM is coachable and a team player, then he’s my guy.

20. SeaCat
    3:08 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

Bleed Blue, will Wiggins drag his decision into May?

21. Surprised
    3:36 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

I watched Mudiay play 2 games in the recent high school tournament won by Dakari Johnson’s team. He did not play very well in either game, the second of which they lost to Dakari’s team. Obviously, he must be a lot better player than he showed there or he would not be getting this praise.

22. Austin
    3:42 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

21. I watched that as well. I don’t think that Mudiay is really the man on his team yet. He didn’t look great. He was going against some great competition as well. He isn’t a super duper star yet. Will be interesting to see how he develops after taking over the reigns and being the man. I do think he could end up being better than Jones down the road, but we shall see.

23. Bleed Blue
    3:42 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

@20 Most likely, but just realize May 1st is Wednesday. He could pull the plug anytime, just know I am still told he is ours.

24. John
    3:49 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

I say jones and okafer go as a package deal to Duke and we get mudiay lyles and Vaughn

25. John
    3:53 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

Along with maybe russel and Alexander for a back to back superstar class

26. katzrjamers
    4:04 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

I’ve seen a lot of vid on Tyus Jones and what I like most is he never, I mean never, puts his head down. This kid watches the floor like a hawk and knows where everybody is. He’ll impress no matter where he lands. Still, much to my regret, size does matter. Mudiay > Jones, not ability, just luck of the genes.

27. fakelenny
    5:13 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

I have been living in Texas for the past 8 days and live next door to the kid. We have been shooting hoops the last couple of days and he said he wants to play for SMU or Texas Tech to better his game for the NBA. Don’t worry BBN I’ve been talking alot about UK to get him to change his mind.

28. Fister's United Van Lines Movers
    7:03 pm April 28, 2013 Permalink

@27 – still patiently awaiting your reply to our survey concerning your recent move from Huntington, WVa.