Bradley Dale Peveto officially named safeties/special teams coach

Generally speaking I don’t trust guys with two first names, but Bradley Dale Peveto (pronounced PEE-veh-toe) might have to be the exception. Bradley Dale Peveto (“BDP” as I will now refer to him) was officially announced by the University of Kentucky as the new Safeties/Special Teams coach for the UK football team. BDP is the latest addition to the continually growing Stoops coaching staff.

BDP has been in the coaching game for 26 years, including a 4-year stint as the head coach of Northwestern State. Anytime you can pull an assistant coach with head coaching experience, that has to be a plus. BDP was also an assistant coach with LSU in 2007 when they won the national championship.

Mark Stoops is fired up about the hire. “Bradley Dale impressed me greatly during the year we worked together,” said Stoops, who was on the University of Houston staff with Peveto during the 2000 season. “He has relentless work ethic and excellent experience as a special teams coordinator and defensive coach.”

BDP is excited about the opportunity to work with Stoops again, and the opportunity to build the program at Kentucky. “I knew the year we coached together at Houston that Coach Stoops had a great defensive mind and was one of the best coaches–both in teaching players on the field and building relationships with them off the field– I’ve ever known. I believed he had all the qualities necessary to become a head coach and I’m proud to join the staff at the University of Kentucky.”

To read the entire release by UK, click here.

You down with BDP? Yeah, you know me.

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

18 Comments for Bradley Dale Peveto officially named safeties/special teams coach

1. UK2001
    6:43 pm December 15, 2012 Permalink

How is peveto a first name?

2. Ally Tucker
    6:50 pm December 15, 2012 Permalink

Bradley Dale

3. Rajon9rondo
    6:50 pm December 15, 2012 Permalink

Boogie Down Productions
    KRS-ONE

4. Hoosierdaddy
    6:53 pm December 15, 2012 Permalink

Zzzzzzzzzz BORING!!!! Lets talk about something more exciting like u of ks BIG win over southern Kentuckys school for the blind snd deaf

5. LuvDaCats
    7:06 pm December 15, 2012 Permalink

Rock on Stoopers

6. Chris
    7:15 pm December 15, 2012 Permalink

I love how there is an IU fan trolling after they lost.

7. huh
    7:18 pm December 15, 2012 Permalink

Lotta white men…how does that help recruiting.

8. Someone ask him if he had a close up view of when Dickie Lyons sent that LSU player 10 feet in the air.

9. UK2001
    7:23 pm December 15, 2012 Permalink

Dale is his middle name

10. 7, is that you Rob Parker?

11. Ally Tucker
    7:31 pm December 15, 2012 Permalink

UK2001… I get that. It was kind of a joke based on the fact that not every coach was announced w/ their full name like this.

12. shields eyes
    7:39 pm December 15, 2012 Permalink

Self High Five…followed by a Diamond Cutter!

13. UK2001
    7:46 pm December 15, 2012 Permalink

Im in a fight with ally tucker! The joke of 2 two first names only applies to the persons first and last name. Like if a guys name was Bradley Ryan Dale. If a person likes to be addressed by their first and middle names together, that is just them trying to sound snazzy

14. Ally Tucker
    7:49 pm December 15, 2012 Permalink

Haha we are not in a fight.

15. Big Whoop
    8:23 pm December 15, 2012 Permalink

“Anytime you can pull an assistant coach with head coaching experience, that has to be a plus.”

This is at least the second time you’ve made the above statement. How, exactly, is this true. Rick Minter had been a head coach at Cincinnati. How did that work out for us?

I’m not saying he isn’t a great position coach, but head coaching experience is not a criteria for this staff. The question or comment should have more to do with his ability to coach his positions and his ability to recruit.

16. Usernametaken
    9:00 pm December 15, 2012 Permalink

How many damn coaches are on a football team?

17. The King
    10:06 pm December 15, 2012 Permalink

I’m not the most knowledgable on the subject, so maybe someone can explain / give me some perspective. BDP is a positions coach and would be basically a third level coach (head coach, OC//DC, position coach). If he was a head coach for 4 years and served in the same general capacity in 2007, why is he back to being a position coach? Just seems like a lot of coaching time with no moment.

I understand that Joker went from being the HC here to being a position coach with UF. To me that doesn’t seem to be as bad, given he landed at a top national program.

Like I said, I’m no expert, and I don’t want to seem like I’m knocking BDP or his hiring. I wanted to see if anyone had any insight into if he just isn’t HC material (not everyone is), if he is just comfortable at this level, or if its something else.

18. Ukalum
    10:51 pm December 15, 2012 Permalink

17) the king

He was a HC at the FCS level and was fired so he returned to the FBS level in the same conference he was in, in 2007. So the drop isn’t so bad when you consider he was at an FCS school but has SEC experience.