Boogie invited to Team USA mini-camp

cauley-cousins1

Jerry Colangelo finally came to his senses and invited DeMarcus Cousins to attend USA Basketball’s mini-camp this July. After criticizing Cousins’ maturity last summer, Colangelo came forward today and said, “”You bury the past and go forward. He’s invited and he’s definitely on the list. New year, new summer, new opportunity.”

Boogie for America.

Article written by Drew Franklin

18 Comments for Boogie invited to Team USA mini-camp

1. Mack
    1:30 pm June 4, 2013 Permalink

Boogie America! A movie in the making.

2. AaronJ
    1:34 pm June 4, 2013 Permalink

Great news, was hoping for this.

3. JohnRobicsHair
    1:34 pm June 4, 2013 Permalink

Gosh, look at how good my hair looks there in the background. I’m so handsome!

4. El Pollo Loco
    1:47 pm June 4, 2013 Permalink

Good luck to Boogie. He should be able to make the team if he keeps his emotions in check. USA!

5. James
    1:53 pm June 4, 2013 Permalink

#4 — I highly, highly doubt that he “should make the team if he keeps his emotions in check.” Don’t get me wrong, I’m rooting for the guy, but there’s no way that he gets picked over Bosh, Aldridge, Love, Davis, Hibbert, or Griffin. Team USA is the single most difficult team to make in the entire world, and considering he’s never made an All-Star team and considering his immaturity, there’s no chance he’ll make the final 12-man roster.

6. jojovandaho
    2:00 pm June 4, 2013 Permalink

#5 what are you talking about. Bosh is awful. Love probably will refrain from playing as he is coming off an injury, and cousins is better then hibbert esp for Team USA.

7. Wrong
    2:08 pm June 4, 2013 Permalink

Boogie is the most talented, young big man in the league. 5’s a moron

8. Rockfield, KY
    2:10 pm June 4, 2013 Permalink

Plenty of players make the all-star team bc of their name, not their play, so that’s not much of an argument

You can’t deny Boogie’s talent and will to win

9. RU Kidding ME?
    2:24 pm June 4, 2013 Permalink

Bosh? Bosh? Really? #5 must not watch much basketball. Boogie is extremely talented. Making the USA team could be the sort of “stamp of approval” that the kid has been craving his entire life. One of the reasons he loves Lexington is because he was simply accepted “as is.” Once he overcomes that hurdle in life, he will be fine and more able to mature. I hope he makes the team and am confident that if he does, he will represent his country well. He may not agree to flop like a Dukie though . . . just saying.

10. Yep
    2:28 pm June 4, 2013 Permalink

9- Took the words out of my mouth.

11. Will S
    2:48 pm June 4, 2013 Permalink

Team USA big men will be Love, Griffin, and Anthony Davis. The international game is different and Coach K typically plays Lebron/Melo at PF and only rosters 2 or 3 Centers. Anthony Davis’ skill set fits much better in the international game where our big men are forced to defend on the perimeter.

2016 Starters:
    Kyrie
    Steph Curry
    Durant
    Lebron
    Love, Griffin or AD

12. Scott Baio
    3:17 pm June 4, 2013 Permalink

I agree the international game is different and K will have to take some young new faces. But I completley disagree with you on Griffin. To me Griffin is one of the most overated players in the league. He does nothing well except dunk. He is a below average rebounder and defender, doesn’t shoot the ball well, and lacks toughness when games get physical. I agree he is exceptional athlete but Deandre Jordan is much better than Griffin, and I’m not sure he is even invited to the Team USA mini-camp.

13. bbr
    3:23 pm June 4, 2013 Permalink

dang, WCS really is tall. He is a true 7-footer

14. Scooby
    3:32 pm June 4, 2013 Permalink

5- You said Bosh, Love, Aldridge, Griffin and Hibbert and Davis — almost all of which should be referred to as Charmin being they are soft as hell. Demarcus adds a big that PLAYS LIKE A BIG.

15. kyngfish
    3:38 pm June 4, 2013 Permalink

Hibbert looks really good against a small Heat team. I’d like to see him against a good center. I’m rooting for a DMC/AD PF combo, but I don’t think he gets picked (currently) over Griffin.

16. Marty
    5:01 pm June 4, 2013 Permalink

Demarcus you can do this. Show everyone why your an awesome player and person. Nothing but love and support.

17. Mr. Wrestling II
    6:31 pm June 4, 2013 Permalink

To go up against the world teams and some of the big centers they have, the U.S. needs one or two guys like a Hibbert or Boogie (or both).

18. RahRah
    6:44 pm June 4, 2013 Permalink

I would love to see this happen for Boogie. Could be career changing.
    Go Cuz!