Bobby Petrino at Western Kentucky?

According to footballscoop.com, Bobby Petrino is currently on Western Kentucky’s campus to meet with the administration. Petrino and San Diego Chargers tight ends coach Jason Michael are being considered for the job, which opened up when Willie Taggart left to become the coach at the University of South Florida.

If (IF IF IF) Petrino gets the job, can you imagine?? The season opener against Western in Nashville would sell out in minutes.

37 Comments for Bobby Petrino at Western Kentucky?

1. Aaron Craft's Rosacea
    11:51 am December 10, 2012 Permalink

2. BBN
    11:53 am December 10, 2012 Permalink

This guy is dying to coach a team on UK’s schedule. I wish he we just disappear somewhere like Southern Miss or Louisiana Tech for Christ sake.

3. Joe
    11:54 am December 10, 2012 Permalink

No chance Petrino will beat UK next year if he does indeed become the Hilltoppers’ coach. We’ll have the better athletes (at least on the bench), and we’ll have a pretty experienced QB in Max Smith, and we’ll have so many offensive plays fine-tuned that we should roll that game.

4. putinrichie
    11:55 am December 10, 2012 Permalink

Anyone who is willing to interview Petrino is willing to hire him…..meet your next head coach Bobby Petrino.

5. Chris
    11:55 am December 10, 2012 Permalink

I’ll be there either way.

6. hey joe
    11:56 am December 10, 2012 Permalink

#3 a little reminder… this time last year, did you think WKU had a chance in hell to beat UK in Commonwealth?? I’d say Petrino would give his left nut to beat UK in game 1 and he’d focus ALL his energy to win that game, even at the expense of the other games on WKU’s schedule. Betcha WKU would be slight favorite playing in Nashville.

7. stratblend
    11:59 am December 10, 2012 Permalink

My, how the mighty have fallen (off a Harley)

8. Joker
    12:02 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

He will have one hell of a chip on his shoulder when he plays us. He’ll go undefeated in that league. I dread facing him when we could have had him for a song.

9. Don Corleone
    12:02 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

Plenty of Co-Eds for Bobby to fool around with in Bowling Green.

10. putinrichie
    12:08 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

8 – I agree that he would be licking his chops to beat us, but I couldn’t be happier with the direction that Mitch went in his hiring. The fact that every SEC opening and even schools like NC State and Purdue passed on Petrino tells you the kind of credibility Petrino has in the coaching profession.

11. BigBluesClues
    12:09 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

Does ANY1 remember A commentor named OwensboroDavid who bitched and bitched about Bobby Petrino, anyway I called him out said he was making Owensboro look bad because of his stupid comments about Petrino, Where are You Know U Sad Excuse for a commenter, Ur not only a coward u could just Own up and b a man and maybe take accountablity for Being a Moron

12. jake the snake
    12:11 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

It’s a done deal, says my source on the Hill.

13. Who-hoa Nelly!

14. BigBluesClues
    12:18 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

IF ANY STUPID COMMENTOR HAS THE BALLS 2admit it U Were wrong, We will forgive Y’all All, just pretend u have some sense or I might actually get Upset …Sorry y’all I’m in fightin’ mad mood 2day, bring it on Pawn

15. nassau65
    12:19 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

just last year, WKU got rid of the BBall coach for messing around with a young girl on campus, and his involvement in some less than desirable off campus activities. Let’s just say i’d be surprised if it happened. I don’t have any sources, i just think it won’t happen. Also (unlike some of the above posters), i don’t think anything UK is on Petrino’s mind. He couldn’t care less if he plays UK, right now he just wants a job.

16. bluristhurr
    12:20 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

I live right across campus at the Registry and would like to bring him in. Maybe he’ll have so much baggage with him and stay here for awhile.

17. DC Cat
    12:20 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

Licking his chops to play/beat UK? Seriously people Bobby wanted Auburn or UT. He thought showing interest in UK through his dad would lead to others taking a chance. No matter…right move made not hiring this guy.

18. The Hoff
    12:21 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

#15 – They got rid of the coach because he sucked as a basketball coach.

19. OwensboroDavid
    12:24 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

11) Eat shit. And quit capitalizing random words

20. nassau65
    12:26 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

#18. If you are talking about his last year, yes he did. Before that, He did well until he started his “extracurricular activities”, better than WKU had done in years.

21. hey joe
    12:27 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

#15 UK probably not on Petrino’s mind now. But IF he is hired by WKU, what better way to show “he’s back”, then winning the biggest game on their schedule? If Taggart could do it, Petrino can. #17 Yes, Petrino wanted bigger job. But if he takes WKU, then the UK game will be the spotlight game on the schedule. He’s a liar and a cheat. He’s also probably the best offensive coach in football and undeniably a fiery competitor. Don’t think he wont’ have some tricks up his sleeve for the UK game in Nashville.

22. IF BOBBY BEATS US
    12:27 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

Oh what could have been.

23. jake the snake
    12:28 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

15) #18 is right. They canned McDonald because he sucked and had few allies. Yes he supposedly did fool around with a coed but it happened long before he was canned.

24. DeeezNutzSayyyzzz
    12:47 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

Can I give u some advice U Sad sad man, I assume, ur a man some of ur comments sound pretty BITCHY, LEARN TO NOT BE LOVED, YOU WILL HAVE MORE SUCCESS oWensbOroDaVId

25. Big Whoop
    12:56 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

He hasn’t been hired yet. Either way, Petrino is going to have to spend some time in purgatory somewhere before he lands another BCS conference job. See, there is still some justice in this world. If Bobby had stayed at Louisville and messed with some young thing, he would’ve been forgiven just like their basketball coach.

26. Joe
    12:58 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

What are saying Bigblueclue(less), that we SHOULD have hired Petrino? If that’s it, sorry no thanks…and backing us up in this is the rest of the SEC and top programs, who ALSO did not take Mr Petrino up on his offers.

And you’ll notice UC, nor Arkansas, nor Auburn, nor UT hired Mr. “Wonderful.” I’m assuming you’re a Petrainiac…if not my apologies.

27. BobbyPsNeckBrace
    1:01 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

WKU will be favored, and with Petrino may just get a W. Looks like Mitch dropped the ball AGAIN.An SEC school hiring a Coach with ZERO Head Coaching experience??? This may just be Billy G. 2 in the BarnYard resume…

28. Joe
    1:01 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

Everyone keeps talking about this…to me, personally it’s a big deal, but what got him fired, wasn’t the co-ed…it was the LYING and the Legal Liability associated with her hiring…..

Add in that, and the fact that Petrino seems in it WHOLLY for himself, and his character seems to indicate that he just can’t turn down the “instant gratification” of the moment, Atlanta, Arkansas, co-eds, whatever really does cause employers concerns, at least employers who have a desire to compete at a sustained hi level.

29. Joe
    1:04 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

This may just be Billy G. 2 in the BarnYard resume… or it may be an inspired hire. In any event:
    1) Petrino wasn’t considered;and
    2) Stoops is.

Time will tell. Now IF, it works out (6-6, 7-6, 8-5 records) I’m sure all credit will go to Tim Couch, not Barnhart, just like folks here keep trying to give Mike Pratt credit for Calipari.

30. BluesClues
    1:08 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

NO RETARD I VOTED NO PETRINO LONG AGO KEEP UP SCHMUCKKKK

31. BluesClues
    1:11 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

LISTEN Y’all Do not BLANK WITH ME….DON’T BELIEVE ME…..I will Crush Your pathetic souls to dust

32. hired
    1:13 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

Petrino is Westerns new coach. Presser at 4pm

33. BluesClues
    1:13 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

CAN I GET AN Amen…?

34. BluesClues
    1:17 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

Said I’ve beeeeeeen crying, don’t u hear me calling, said I’ve been working from seven to eleven every night, and it kinda makes life a drag, But babies since I’ve been lovin You…..I’m about to lose…lose…My Worried mind

35. BluesClues
    1:20 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

Cancel my subscription to the resurrection….send My Credentials To the house of dentention—–Jim Morrison

36. UK Fan
    1:32 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

Hey Joe…pssst…Barnhart had nothing to do with bringing Calipari on board. Just so you know.

37. not buyin it
    4:31 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

36. I’d really like to see proof of that. He is the AD, and i believe the AD has at least some input on who is hired.
    I’m not one who believes everything on the web has to be true.-just so you know.