Big morning at the KSTV casting call

Nearly 200 people showed up at Sam Swope today for the second round of the KSTV Casting Call. With open auditions now concluded, the contest moves on to the television round, which will give the hopefuls a shot on the magic mic on KSTV’s top secret set of magic.

While you try to squelch that inner giddiness, take a look at another round of the Lexington contestants that moved on to the next round….

Article written by Thomas Beisner

25 Comments for Big morning at the KSTV casting call

1. duhville cat
    1:35 pm June 4, 2011 Permalink

1) You’re doin fine son…. much better than the losers that put you down, in the comments.

2. biggiesm
    2:06 pm June 4, 2011 Permalink

casting call in Louisville was bullsh*t, they were so unprepared I had some fat loser producer judging me and I was good as hell but ddnt get call back

3. Iwearmybluesunglassesatnight
    2:51 pm June 4, 2011 Permalink

is it football season yet?

4. Random guy
    3:05 pm June 4, 2011 Permalink

I like how they used the “don’t call us will call you” to the people who they didn’t like (which I was one of)

5. duhville cat
    3:16 pm June 4, 2011 Permalink

Ahh come on.. Why did u delete #1. I’ve got this!

6. Rhymes With Thespian
    3:27 pm June 4, 2011 Permalink

So in the other video Mapes crushes the guy with the wrinkled shirt for being a slob, then he doesn’t like this guy because he’s too well dressed.

7. Kevin Galloway
    4:05 pm June 4, 2011 Permalink

6) Gay dudes are really picky about fashion.

8. MJ4UK
    4:57 pm June 4, 2011 Permalink

Nothing in Loserville is good, should’ve known better. Drove 6 hours for absolutely nothing. There’s no way they took half of the people who showed up…They should’ve cut the sign ups off at 10 I was there since 8:30. Definitely not fair to the ones that were there on time. I would like to know exactly how many got called back. On a positive note I did enjoy my interview and did at least get to talk to Matt Jones…

9. Tony Radden
    7:12 pm June 4, 2011 Permalink

Uhhh, plan on posting audition part 8? I’d like to get some votes.

10. Tony Radden
    7:23 pm June 4, 2011 Permalink

Kindly post audition #8 please, I’d like some votes too

11. Tony Radden
    7:33 pm June 4, 2011 Permalink

Where’s audition #8?

12. tommy
    7:41 pm June 4, 2011 Permalink

Where’s audition #8? Seems all the contestants should get a fair shot.

13. Josh
    7:53 pm June 4, 2011 Permalink

Agreed, gotta post 8 for fairness.

14. Barrett
    8:20 pm June 4, 2011 Permalink

Where is part 8? Really would enjoy getting a chance to see how that group did.

15. Jan
    8:23 pm June 4, 2011 Permalink

Excuse me….where is audition #8? Is there a problem here?

16. mykraphone287
    10:40 pm June 4, 2011 Permalink

true #8 would get some votes

17. racerx
    11:50 pm June 4, 2011 Permalink

I saw audition 8, it sucked.

18. The Crow
    11:58 pm June 4, 2011 Permalink

Mapes is a total jerk. No question about it. The guy complains about guys that are clearly good and gives a pass to those that don’t have it. Count me as one armchair quarterback that is not impressed.

19. RidgeRunner
    4:23 am June 5, 2011 Permalink

Note to Panel… Make sure they know “some” info on UK’s past. Legacy Knowledge should be required.

20. mykraphone287
    1:47 pm June 5, 2011 Permalink

agreed with numbers 9-15

21. Wow
    1:53 pm June 5, 2011 Permalink

Nice

22. D. Reed
    7:01 pm June 5, 2011 Permalink

Man , i even got to do a one on one TV interview with Drew Franklin. I thought i killed it( felt like my quick comeback about the helicopter was golden, might make the show as an outtake). Anyway stepped in with the producer first thing she said was “great smile”. Thought i gave good responses to all questions, i knew i was out when i didn’t get the GOLDEN TICKET i saw a pretty young lady come out with earlier. Oh well i think i was a little long in the tooth. Looks like took all 20-somethings made it I ain’t mad at cha though. thanks for the opportunity it was fun despite my car troubles

23. KSTV Feedback
    7:05 pm June 5, 2011 Permalink

Despite not being selected, I won’t get too bent out of shape about the KSTV casting call.

Below is some humble feedback for the future.

I was not clear that the meeting with Drew (who I think is a good guy) was THE tryout. Instead, I thought the question on why I want to be on KSTV was a formality of which I still would have an opportunity in front of the camera.

My point is I thoroughly prepared to answer any question such as: UK starting lineup, Cal and the Dominican Republic, the new arena or whatever they threw my way. Its cheesy but I actually watched every clip at the KSTV website, knew I was better than everyone selected, and prepared responses accordingly. I never got the opportunity which is fine but I would’ve prepared my gameplan better if I knew that initial meeting was indeed THE tryout.

I believe they selected a young woman who only started following college sports maybe 4 years ago, lol. That’s all well and good but next time clarify the expectations.

Anyway, in theory I still think its a cool idea and good luck

24. D. Reed
    7:11 pm June 5, 2011 Permalink

editors – please remove the word “took” from post 22 in the “Looks like took…” sentence. Change my wording mid-thought. Or can u edit your own post? don’t post often

25. G
    9:47 pm June 5, 2011 Permalink

Post number 8 or it’s rigged.