Big Blue Madness tickets gone in 35 minutes

According to a release sent by UK Athletics this morning, every ticket for Big Blue Madness on October 12 is gone. It took all of 35 minutes.

In 2010 and 2011, tickets were scooped up in about an hour. I guess winning a National Championship makes a hot commodity even hotter.

You people are crazy.

Article written by Stuart Hammer

B.S. Broadcast Journalism from the University of Kentucky. @StuartHammerKSR

36 Comments for Big Blue Madness tickets gone in 35 minutes

1. tdogg40330
    10:20 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

How can this be true?? I got a single ticket row JJ at 8:30

2. Cats R Back
    10:22 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

FALSE. It is well known that people were getting them on ticketmaster well after 8am.

3. Bob
    10:24 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

Bullshit. I got on at 7:00 am on the dot and couldn’t get a ticket

4. Hate Ticketmaster
    10:24 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

You can still get lucky because Ticketmaster will go and cancel duplicate orders.
    Oh ya you can also find tickets on Ebay. Looks like there will be 5,000 tickets on sale there.

5. WildcatTim
    10:26 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

Really hate ticketmaster. Was on a little before 7 and tried until after 7:30 and couldn’t get one ticket.

6. B-Rob6
    10:26 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

I’m with bob…I was on at 7am ON THE NOSE and tried repeatedly til 7:30 to get tickets and never once was there a single ticket available. Tried again a little after 8 just for the heck of it…..NOTHING.

7. Cats R Back
    10:27 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

Also, Ticketmaster is a complete joke. It is pure luck if you get a ticket for BBM on there. Now, it gives you an error saying “code does not match” even when you do type in the security code correctly. And many people couldn’t even get the code right on multiple attempts b/c it is so hard to read.

8. tdogg40330
    10:27 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

I have 1 free ticket to a BBN fan, its in the nose bleeds but you can get
    in any how.

9. DJ
    10:33 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

@tdogg40330 I will take the ticket. E-mail me at [email protected]

10. tdogg40330
    10:47 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

9) email sent

11. Harlan
    10:57 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

At 7:00, I tried to get 4 tickets and could not. Then, I tried for 2 and coudl not get those either. Finally, at 7:01, I got 1 ticket. Tried several times after that to get 2 tickets and never could.

12. catdawg
    11:01 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

tried at 700 as it changed over to find tickets & tried for an hour and got nothing. ticketmaster is crazy or there wasn’t as many tickets as we thought actually available. i tried all ticket amounts etc and nothing worked.

13. Gators
    11:01 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

Hey basketball only school, you all ready for the beating of a lifetime?

14. tdogg40330
    11:10 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

13) UF aint good enough to put a “beating of a life time ” on anyone.

15. Gators
    11:15 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

UK [email protected] you hillbillies only care about hoops anyway.

16. Terry
    11:19 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

I got 2 tickets at 7:58 central time in 228 then got another in 213 around 8:30

17. MissUK
    11:26 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

I was on at 7am on the dot, tried for 2 tickets and got nothing. Went back and tried a single ticket and got section 25!! BBM here I come!!

18. CATASTROPHE
    11:26 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

13-15.. shouldnt u be out drinking beer and mackin on those nice UF women at a tailgate.. OHHHH wait youre old, wrinkly, and havent seen your baby maker in 10 years.. whats that like anyway

19. Blueswade
    11:29 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

Hey. 13……..
    Joke is on you pal….we’ve already had beatings of a lifetime…..so there!!….HA!

20. UKBlue
    11:42 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

UK really needs to find a better way to do tickets for people online. The Ticketmaster ordeal was a total f’ing disaster !

Nothing on StubHub yet.

21. BlueFins
    11:45 am September 22, 2012 Permalink

I was the only one in line at a Kroger’s ticketmaster and could not get a ticket. Tried several different ticket combinations as well. Should have had John Short pull a few strings for me.

But I guess if you think about it UK had to hold back tickets for the campers. Not sure how many numbers they gave out, but if there were 600 tents with 4 people getting 4 tickets you’re half way there to sell out.

22. markp
    12:43 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Focus KSR! Bobby Petrino needs a job!

23. BS
    12:52 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

More like 35 tenths of a second. Like others I was online before 7 waiting and couldn’t get anything!

24. Chase
    2:17 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

I thought you wasnt able to sell a ticket above face value for any kind of UK event? Since these was free how are people putting them on Ebay for 300.00 and 400.00 doolars? Just curious i tried at 7 and until 7:30 and got nothing. They need to fix this someway.

25. Badams
    2:39 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Tickets should not be available online until all campers have been given their tickets. There is no way someone should be able to roll outta bed and get lower level tickets when people camp out for four days and end up with uppers. They really need to fix the system.

26. Chokecal
    2:43 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

BBN fans have to be some of the worst fans in college sports! They will camp out for days for tickets to midnight madness tickets for PRACTICE but will return 2k tickets for the instate rival game?! UK sucks!!

27. PissesMeOff
    2:47 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

It angers me to no end to see the tickets for sale on Ebay. I mean, I was on at 7am on the dot and nothing. My wife was lucky enough to get 1 from her computer and she was on at the same time. However, on EBAY there are people selling up to 6 and 12 tickets for stupid prices. How did they get so many to begin with? It’s some sort of ticket business. I’m guessing someone got some cash handed to them to slip out some tickets to these folks and its BS.

28. Todd
    2:57 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

I tried from 700 to 716 and no tickets were available. Who knows? System crashed?

29. Badams
    2:59 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

26, shut the hell up. You are talkin about basketball and football. You are trying to compare elephants to mice. Basketball is king, our football team is a mess. Understand the situation before you flap your jaws.

30. Tired Camper
    3:27 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

#25 Totally agree!! My husband was there for the run across the street on Wed morning. He took off work to get tickets. Had his wallet stolen, his first tent broke and just had a run of bad luck all week. We ended up with UPPERS!! So MAD! The whole system is screwed up! People came yesterday and stood beside their friends tents yesterday and got tickets. People we hadn’t seen all week! And people wanna complain about ticketmaster! Try sleeping in a tent for 3 days only to be screwed over!

31. Ben
    3:32 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

We tried for 1-1/2 hours and no luck! If Cal wants to sell out the Alumni Game next summer, he needs to include a BBM ticket for each purchased ticket. That way the true fans can get tickets without them ending up on ebay.

32. Michael
    8:07 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

I am with 31. That would be a great idea. We were on at 7:00 also and couldn’t get a ticket. I’ve always hated TicketMaster and now I hate them even worse.

33. ryan
    8:09 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

yes i was on at 7 and could not get a ticket at all

34. Blow joe
    10:07 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

35. King if Marrowbone
    10:15 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

You people want tickets so bad then go to Lexington and stand in line for them. Should do away with the ticketmaster deal and go back to 2 tickets per household. Was 100 or so ppl ahead of where I was last year and went from lowers last year to uppers this year. I’m not complaining because I’ve had a good time with some good friends. Just be thankful you have a team to be proud of even if you have to watch them from home.

36. want tickets?
    1:04 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

go on craigslist to. people are selling them on there as well for reasonable prices!