Big Blue Fans put UL Athletic Dept. in a Frenzy

Photo courtest of the Courier-Journal

Not only do Cats fans get the satisfaction of knowing that our team crushed our rivals in their own building, but now reports are coming out the UL athletic department is none too happy with the amount of blue in the lower level of the Chicken Shack Friday.  As you can see from the picture above, there are noticeable spots where blue is dominant, but overall I would say that 90% of the lower arena was red.

But, that didn’t stop Tommy Turtleneck and the boys from overreacting.  As Clay points out in the article, some have reported that UL officials were taking picture of the sections with blue so they could identify which UL season ticket holders gave up their seats to UK fans.  Honestly, I can not imagine ever giving up a seat to a UK-UL game, no matter where is the arena.  But, if somebody gives you an absurd amount of money over face value, then you can’t hate on somebody for taking that.  It’s called capitalism.  It’s called America.

Moral of the story is: Tommy in Unamerican.  You’re either with us Tom, or you’re with the terrorists.

As a Big Blue fan though, you have to get a certain amount of joy out of this implosion, if reports are true.  The fact that our fanbase and it’s passion were enough to put so much blue into the lower deck that they are freaking hunting down season ticket holders, the people who basically pay for their programs and it’s “medical procedures”.  Ah, the year long bragging rights are going to be too much fun.

Article written by Bryan the Intern

97 Comments for Big Blue Fans put UL Athletic Dept. in a Frenzy

1. Pat Forde
    6:08 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

I was able to masturbate to Rick Pitino in a private luxury box, so all is good.

2. RidgeRunner
    6:10 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Damn…and we thought JFK, 9-11, etc., brought out some strange conspiracy therorists…now add Bi Blue Nation as we will be featured soon on the Discovery Channel soon to explain the wave of blue.

Well….it’s not earth science, BBN travels / 1 way or the other!

3. Big Blue 66
    6:11 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Great to see the blue penetrate the chicken ranch, but selling your tickets over face value is not capitalism, its illegal, still ridiculous if UL is “hunting” them down. UL admin has some serious issues with little mans complex.

4. Shagari's Poo
    6:12 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Atta boy lil bro…go and piss off all your season ticket holders, seems like the smart thing to do.

5. louisville
    6:14 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

that was crap…and 4 all yaw that think a cardinal is a chicken need to get an education somewhere other than kentucky! DUMB!

6. RidgeRunner
    6:16 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

AHHhhh…#5, poor lil chick. Ya feelin’s hurt? MUHAHAHA!

7. Just saying
    6:18 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

If I were a betting man (and I am) I would say there are several reasons for the blue invasion:

1. UL sold out to Corporate America, and bounced most of their loyal fans out of the lower bowl for highest bidders. Living in Louisville doenst make you a Louisville fan. Id say most of these were simply UK fans with corporate connections.

2. How many UK fans, living in Louisville, bought season tickets JUST FOR THAT GAME?

3. Scalpers have always existed, and try your best to get anyone that sold their tickets to admit it was for more than “face value”.

This actually pathetic. There were 23,000 people at that game, and maybe 2,000 were UK fans. Louisville has forgotten, BBN travels to Maui, Canada, and the moon to watch UK play. Do they not think UK fans will travel to Louisville?

8. JackB
    6:18 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Without repeating entirely my comment to Clay’s blog, did it occur to anyone that maybe a UL fan has a UK fan friend? That two people can root for the other team and go to the game together? I attend games in Athens with my Georgia booster friends and wear blue when UK is playing (like this Saturday – see you there). Of course, he won’t let me sit in his “best” seats when I’m rooting against Georgia – but he still helps me get really good seats.

9. The Rock
    6:19 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

4- You do know we call it the “Chicken Shack” because it’s the KFC Yum Center, right? As in Kentucky Fried CHICKEN. Go shave your line beard and brush your tooth, DUMB!

10. Brink
    6:20 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

5 Your fans are wearing chicken buckets on thier heads for christs sakes, and you can’t figure out where the chicken jokes come from. I guess thats typical Loserville fan.

11. Just saying
    6:20 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

hey #5, no one thinks a Cardinal is actually a chicken. You play in the Kentucky Fried CHICKEN arena. So we call it the chicken coop, chicken ranch, chicken bucket.

Get it? Who’s dumb?

12. Sittin Bull
    6:21 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

I was there and that picture actually reflects the view I had. There was quite a bit blue in the “bottom of the bucket”. Also a lot in the eRupption student section. The arena is shiny, with lots of lights, but too many off limit areas. If UK gets one, I’m afraid the “average” (real) fan will be shutout. Its tough enough now for average fans to get in Rupp but a new arena like the chicken shack Im afraid will make it worse.

13. RidgeRunner
    6:23 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

9 / 10…logic is beyond Loserville fans.

14. Hartline
    6:24 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

BTI redeems himself!

15. OneAndDone
    6:24 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

3) You are wrong. It is NOT illegal to sale your tickets over face value. In some places it is,(within a block or something). But it is not illegal, ask Stub Hub, Ebay, Craigslist…etc….

16. Juanita Broderick
    6:25 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

#3 selling your tickets in Indiana is legal. The 2 people in the seats beside us paid $225/ticket for front row upper deck center court. They said they met at a McDonald’s in Jeffersonville and all was good.

17. Han
    6:25 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Just out of curiosity, is there any provision in the agreement one accepts when they buy tickets/season tickets that states they either can’t sell the tickets or can’t root for the opposing team?

If there isn’t, anyone the university goes after should file suit for harassment.

18. RidgeRunner
    6:25 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

12…If they listen to Cal, that won’t happen. I have heard him say he would do his best not to have that -when we eventually build ours. He cited that very reason without calling the chicken house by name.

19. Mr Schwump
    6:26 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

78-63.

20. CatsfaninFL
    6:27 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Another example of Jurich being an idiot. UK fans travel and will pay money. I live in Florida now but traveled up to Georgia last year to visit a fellow UK friend living there. We paid an absurd amount of money to go to the UGA game, but we were sitting right behind the UGA bench. I probably paid for that person’s entire season ticket package. I can’t blame them for selling what we were paying. I wanted to see my Cats play. Just part of it… Jurich should be happy we could help him sell out the arena.

21. Proof
    6:28 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

BTI, have you ever heard of proof reading??? Silly BTI.

22. 24UKrules
    6:33 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Let it go UL. U lost and if people want to pay the money, you can’t stop it. You UL fans are to worried about your new building. You need to start to worry about the product on the floor. Its pretty obvious that UL can build it and they still won’t come.

23. JMFATZ47
    6:37 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

It’s quite simple, UK fans are willing to PAY. UL fans were happy to dish off their tix for significant sums of cash. We have the best fans. From a personal experience, I was offered over 2K for 2 tickets (5 rows up next to the visitors tunnel) to the UK/UNC game last season. Although it was a UK fan who offered, I respectfully declined. And trust me, 2K is a good bit of money that I could have used. It just shows what UK fans are willing to pay. It also shows what THIS UK fan was willing to turndown.

UL fans took the money for their seats which explains why UL officials want to know who was “paid off” for their great seats!!! And I don’t blame em’……it’s embarrassing.

24. FKCat
    6:37 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Hasn’t Tommy Turtleneck ever hear of the Big Blue Mist? Maybe this year when they finish up their tourney early in New York he can catch a flight to Catlanta to witness it settling in on the Georgia Dome.

25. Just saying
    6:38 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Lets see. UL builds a new arena they CAN NOT afford, requires the city to support it through taxes, and sells the lower bowl to corporate America because the average fan can not afford those seats. And they now want to revoke those seats???

hmmmmmm, sounds dumb

26. Late As Usual
    6:38 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

They shouldn’t be surprised at the amount of blue in the lower level. They are surrounded by the greatest fan base in the world.

27. SexnNursinHomes
    6:38 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

5- that’s all ya got, no more better insults??? you have hit rock bottom. well, little guy I guess it can’t get any worse for a louisville fan.

28. the worlds most interesting fan
    6:40 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

go to the SEC tourney, or the NCAA tourny and ask any scalper who they want to sell tickets to. In Nashville, last year, if you had on UK gear most would ask 2-3 times the value compared to those wearing any other team.

Know why? Cause UK fans will pay it.

29. Rupert Ergin XI
    6:41 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

2 – “Bi” Blue Nation? Not every UK fan is a switch hitter. I assume most are not. (I know you made a typo. Just giving you some crap)

30. JMFATZ47
    6:41 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

UK fans would rather watch the game than make a little cash. UL fans need that loot for potential bail money

31. ricksVD
    6:45 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

It hurts when I pee

32. Just saying
    6:48 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Hey RicksVD, thats enough man. I laughed for a long time, but now its just annoying

33. the worlds most interesting fan
    6:51 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Are they mad UK had fans in the lower bowl, or are they mad the blue fans stayed the entire game? UL fans show up, leave 2-3 minutes before half time to hit the beer lines and the bathrooms and then dont show up until 3-5 minutes into the second half. I bet theyre just mad our 2K was louder than their 20K.

UL was hosting top recruits from 2012, 2014 and 2014. I wonder how they liked going to a UK/UL game, seeing blue everywhere, and watching UL get their ass kicked on thier home floor, and then the coach blame the players

34. RidgeRunner
    6:51 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

29…LOL, I hear ya bud. Unfortunately, I make too many typo’s.

35. enough
    6:52 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

We get it 31, we get it

36. GhostofBearBryant
    6:53 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Just another sign of the continuing decline of popularity of basketball. The game had very poor tv ratings this year nationally

37. RidgeRunner
    6:55 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

36..wtf?

38. utahdrought
    6:55 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Scalping: Act 518, 070-Ticket scalping. A person is guilty of ticket scalping when he/she intentionally sells or offers to sell a ticket to an event at a price greater than that charged at the place of admission or printed on the ticket, unless authorized by the issuer or by law. Ticket scalping is a violoation, and any person who sells a ticket to any sporting event at a price in excess of the price appearing on the ticket shall be fined not less than fifty dollars nor more than one hundred dollars.

Scalping (selling a ticket above face value) violates University policy and Kentucky law. Selling or soliciting the sale of a ticket (even at face value) on campus without a permit also violates University policy. Therefore, a violation of these University policies or this Kentucky law may result in your ineligibility to purchase basketball or football tickets even if criminal charges are not filed against you. The Athletic Department reserves the right to declare you ineligible to order tickets if we receive sufficient evidence that a football or basketball ticket assigned to you was sold for greater than the face value of the ticket. per ukathletics.com/tickets

39. Broken Promises
    6:58 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

ricksVD has an email address. It’s [email protected]. I think people should email him if they are tired of his lame ass joke.

40. eddie
    7:02 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

“Vee vill take zee pictures of you und vee vill catch you”
    Mein Fuhrer turtleneck 12/31/10

41. nassau65
    7:05 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

5. What a loser. Do you wear that bucket to work too? No wonder UL fans are made fun of so much, you really make it too easy for us. C’mon-a f’n chicken bucket? Damn. OH, by the way-what happened to -“gonna spank dat ass”? Got dat ass spanked, didn’t ya!!!!!!! (and by 15 seconds—–i mean points)
    Too frickin funny. Come back anytime you friggin loser.

42. Big Blue 66
    7:08 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

15. no, sorry, Im not wrong, look up UofL’s season ticket or individual ticket restrictions.
    I dont really care actually, but since you want to be so aggressive with the “you are wrong” statement, just thought I would square you away. Do research before you spout off.

43. Big Blue 66
    7:09 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

38. Thank you sir, good day!

44. Tommy Turtleneck
    7:12 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

We’ve got the pictures. Those season ticket holders are going to get nailed like a cheap blonde skank with a blonde line beard at Porcini’s…..but wait a minute…I’ve thought about it for :15 seconds or so……they were all wearing chicken buckets on their heads. Never mind.

45. Mr. Realist
    7:12 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Seems to me this is an example of ul fans showing their true colors and demonstrates their lack of being true fans. Also might just show that they knew they were about to take an a$$ whoopin and figured they could make some cash instead of watching that poor peformance. Those same people may be giving up a lot of the big east games after watching that poor performance.

46. Just a Suggestion
    7:16 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Some probably put their tix on StubHub due to a conflict in work schedules, travel schedules, or other circumstances. It’s ABSURD and PATHETIC to assume a UL fan just sold his tix to a UK fan.

47. bung
    7:18 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Wouldnt it be more simple just to change their name to the Lvul Chickens?

48. Urincatland
    7:18 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

9) F^ck you and Kentucky Fried Chicken!! I am Boycotting KFC just for the fact they funded for the new Chicken Coop.. If I was UK I would give free advertisement for Lee’s Famous Recipe.. F^CK YOU, LOSERVILLE AND KFC!! GO BIG BLUE!!

49. blitzedanddazed
    7:20 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Tommy Turtleneck is so mad he his choking Ricky Three Stacks chicken.

50. nassau65
    7:20 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

ricksVD, please stop.
    how are things in Taylorsville?

51. RidgeRunner
    7:23 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

48..May wanna double-check who your hollerin’ at. I’m sure it’s not poster #9.
    😉

52. Urincatland
    7:23 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Nice one 33, I thought the same thing.. Their little point guard will decommit before he signs his letter of intent… LMAO!!

53. bung
    7:25 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Jennings makes a fowl move for the Chickens on Jones………..seriously, U reckon anyone will do anything about that?

54. Urincatland
    7:26 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

SORRY 9 WAS MEANT FOR 5.. THANKS 51

55. Uk
    7:27 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

36, because it was only a regional game. Not nationally televised.

56. Blueblood92
    7:27 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

U of L fans are going to whine as they continue to search for something, anything to blame the loss on.

BBC has been airing a commercial for this website: http://www.wheresthetardis.com. The first time I saw it, I thought maybe the U of L administration had changed the URL for it’s website. Apparently, there’s a science fiction tv series called Doctor Who and in it, a Tardis (Time and Relative Dimensions In Space) is used for time travel. Still, I can’t keep from laughing every time that commercial comes on…I swear someone is asking where the tard is.

57. bigcat4453
    7:29 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

What Tommy Turtleneck really doesn’t know is that he had UK fnas in his very BOX!! A church memeber told me this morn after church that his Daughter sat in THe AD box but she was required to wear red. She just didn’t wear anything with UL on it. She also said she wore BLUE underwear!!

58. RidgeRunner
    7:33 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

53..doubt it bud. In regards to anything done about it…Kinda has the “Laettner step on Timberlake” thing goin’ on where everyone see’s it but the refs and the NCAA.

59. UK's Victorious Secret
    7:33 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

I hate Louisville.

60. RidgeRunner
    7:34 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

It’s Loserville, 59…
    😉

61. blitzedanddazed
    7:36 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Tom Jurich has to be the biggest idiot in a city that is full of them—-Louisville sucks.

62. UK's Victorious Secret
    7:38 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

I apoligize. I must have a problem, i mean i just cant seem to function without hating loserville. Oh well, i enjoy it.

63. kevinoky
    7:46 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

People in Loserville need to understand that most of the people that live in Louisville are UK fans and they have most of the money!!!!!! Do not put it past UK ALUM to buy season tickets to the bucket and sell every ticket except when UK plays. They will be the little brother forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG BLUE IS EVERWERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

64. Loyal_UK_Fan
    7:50 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

I got mine from Masiello

65. I Hate Birds
    7:50 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

A lot of the lower level seats were bought by companies, if I remember correctly – so that means, whoever got to go to the game from the company had the seats. IT’s stupid they’re hunting people down, but I think this might be how so many were in the lower level.

66. Loyal_UK_Fan
    7:57 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Or if a house had a UK fan and a UL fan. Maybe they have season tickets to both

67. boogie's forearm
    7:57 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

its all posturing. jurkit wont and cant do anything about it, too much money to lose. if you’ll remember, he made the same retarded statement 3 yrs ago! where’s the follow through?!?! moron

68. Other Bob
    8:10 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Jurich = Fascist

69. Enes Already
    8:38 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

RicksVD – “It hurts when I pee.” will never get old. Keep on truckin’! I smile every time I read it. It’s a KSR tradition that should be in every comment section!

70. U Kant beat UK
    8:45 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Did the athletics daept not take into consideration that people in Louisville might buy season tickets to UL games just like the go out to dinner at restuarants or out to clubs…to be at the spot to be seen. But when it comes down to it…the are fans of the CATS. I mean who enjoys cheering for Losers??

71. Peanut MacGuire
    8:49 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Would this even be an issue if UK hadn’t spanked u of l? Enough said…

72. EW
    8:52 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

I work with a company out of Louisville that has 8 season tickets for UL games. I was actually supposed to get 4 of them, but something came up last minute. I had planned to take a customer that is a also a UK fan. I’m betting that many other business hold some season tickets as well. I’d also bet that many of the UK fans you saw there were given the tickets by businesses. The company I know treats the UK tickets like gold to try and lure more business opportunities.

73. JeffCat
    8:59 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Every time you think they can’t get any more pathetic the Dirty Birds prove us wrong. They are still breathing the exhaust fumes of an era that ended 25 years ago. It’s actually fun to watch them spiral down.

74. Catsgrad2003
    9:18 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

I can only speak for the owner of the company I work for, but he is a LONG time season tix holder, and is extremely fed up with UL athletic dept(felt UL screwed him with his draw for tix in new arena because he had 6 seats half court in the first 8 rows in Freedom Hall, but his slot for the draw was above 2000). Anyway, I received tix to the game (lower bowl) because I am a graduate of Uk and he knows how much a ticket to this game meant to me. What is UL going to do? My boss spent near six figures on tickets between football and basketball this year for UL home games. You think they are going to tell him not to renew…. Fat chance! Old T. Jurich is just in denial about who he should be pissed at…coach Pitino.

75. FearTheSleeves
    9:33 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

New Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer invited a UK fan to the game, I wonder if he will have his tickets revoked. Should be interesting…

76. Theville
    9:38 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Blue necks showing your true colors. It’s a shame your family trees don’t fork off. Go back to your horse barns and cuddle with your cousins. If you don’t like Louisville quit coming here, we don’t want yo hear anyway

77. blay-z
    9:46 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

I’m a UK fan, got suite tickets from work (Yum!) and Joe Craft was sitting right next to us. I’d venture to say in our suite and the one to both my left and right, almost 50% of the fans were UK fans. Some just wore black or white to be “nice” to whoever game them the tickets.

78. nassau65
    9:52 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

77. no wonder you don’t want us in the fowl bucket. we spanked dat ass! by 15 seconds-i mean points.

79. nassau65
    10:03 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

Big Blue strikes again in the hen coop.

80. QUICKIE RICKEY
    10:10 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

it hurts when I pee as well. Sh!t is always funny. No one has a problem with 15 seconds and comparision to 15 points.
    Rick had the clap a few years ago, went to Clevelend Clinic to resolve.
    Ask any Jewish Hospital employee about the two women that got fired logging into computer to find out why Rick went to Clevend. This was at a time when he did t v commercials for Jewish.

81. catscratchfever
    10:34 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

(77) you need to crawl up out of the slime before you can get in the tree. we have a tree,but I can’t see yours anywhere.

82. Dancer
    10:37 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

I have season tickets to the games at Yum (good ones) and I am a UK fan/graduate. For the money I pay, I can take whomever I want to those games….UL fan or not. I support UL because it is important for my city and my work but nobody better tell me who I can cheer for or what I can wear when I attend a game.

83. sean curl
    10:38 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

i sat in the student section and the guy next to me was a uk fan wearing red so he could scalp a ticket and get in

84. villecard
    11:01 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

BTI-It’s called having no life if you pay hundreds of dollars for one game and/or buy UL season tickets just for on game every two years. 73- what company do you work for?

85. Irishman
    11:03 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

This whole thing is BS. If UL was that worried about it they would not have stub hub on their athletic website as an official sponser. What the he ll do they think hub stub is a not for profit ticket site.

86. Irishman
    11:05 pm January 2, 2011 Permalink

85-If you are a fan of basketball and can go an watch a good game and cheer for your hometown team, even though you are a bigger fan of another team, why is it not having a life. UK fans who did this are spending money on your program, parking, and food and drink. If you think about it, they are supporting your team. With the exception of wearing blue to one game. I think there are worse things in the world than that.

87. Jen
    12:14 am January 3, 2011 Permalink

I proudly bought my ticket for $250. 5 rows back behind basket in student section. when I got to game as the other UL fans started getting there the guy told me I was in the wrong seat? I told him No I was not, showed him the ticket. He looked at his friend and said “dude your ex girlfriend sold your ticket to a UK fan” LMAO!!! This is supposedly the last year UL students can get in a game without student ID’s. It was an expierence I wont forget as those fans were absolutly terrible! I have video of some of the fans taunting thier own players, Complaining about refs, they was even telling telling Tony Delk and Wayne Turner they sucked you know what acouple of times??? You would have thought they just won the game when they got up by six pts with 35:00 more minutes left in the game! Not to mention at the begining of the game they were throwing fake money in the air and every time we (uk fans) looked in our seats cuz we stood the whole time they put fake money in our seats! It was great to see them go down, but even better to see it in person!

88. FearTheSleeves
    3:08 am January 3, 2011 Permalink

I’m really sensing a 9/10 mentality from Tom Jurich and it really concerns me. We are at war and the turtleneck doesn’t seem to get it. You can get on board with capitalism or you can GET OUT!

89. LexDoc
    6:34 am January 3, 2011 Permalink

15… take a look at: http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/518-00/070.PDF – It is illegal to scalp tickets. Companies like eBay and Stubhub get away with it because they aren’t actually selling the tickets. They are acting as a liaison between the actual seller of the tickets and the buyer. Illegal for the company, no… shady, yes, but very profitable. Ultimately, the companies can defer any legal liability onto the seller of the tickets if the law was enforced. My thoughts are that they should be seen as an “accessory” to the violation of the law but I digress.

90. UK6MAN
    8:58 am January 3, 2011 Permalink

#90, the question still remains. Why then is Stub Hub an ofiicial sponsor of UL athletics and UL supports the selling of their tickets on that site. If Tom J. is mad, he should be mad at himself for supporting the behavior. I understand him not wanting so many UK fans at the game, but to expect his fans not to take good money for tickets while supporting a site that allows them to do it seems a bit absurd.

91. LexDoc
    9:33 am January 3, 2011 Permalink

I think it is more of a show of disgust towards the media but I haven’t heard any official release of a statement from Jurich or UofL but I’m not out looking for one. I have heard more of a buzz from UofL fans about them being upset about the number of our fans at the game. I don’t think it would be an issue if UofL would have won, but they need to complain about something… as if the UK fans were replaced with UofL fans would have changed the outcome of the game?! To answer your question, the government doesn’t enforce the scalping law so they would have them as a sponsor (for the $$$ obviously). Again, I haven’t heard a press release talking about the administration being upset because that is how they got the funds to build the chicken shack. I don’t think they would bite the hand that feeds them…

92. Crackerhillbilly
    10:15 am January 3, 2011 Permalink

Tommy Turtleneck and Principal Ramsey only need to look in the mirror to see what the problem is – putting those prime tickets in the hands of corporations and high bidders instead of long-time loyal UL fans (misguided though they may be). Many of those seats will be given out to clients, associates, etc. and not all those people are going to be UL fans. While their scumbag coach can’t properly screw a slut, they sure can screw their fans.

93. BlueCapper
    10:42 am January 3, 2011 Permalink

77) BAHAHAHAHA! No, YOU fork off! We LOVE coming Loserville and waxin dat azz. Keep cryin’, your tears are SWEET!

94. JEREMY
    11:52 am January 3, 2011 Permalink

Wow, what a recruiting tool! Tell all the UK UL recruits that the louisville fans love their team so much that they sell their tickets for the game against their biggest rival to their biggest rivals fans!!!Way to show that fan support CARDS!!FUNNY!!
    C-A-T-S CATS,CATS,CATS!!!

95. LindaS
    12:02 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

Don’t know what the problem is with Jurich other than jealousy! I just want to let you guys know I went to the chicken bucket the first night it was open for the Eagles concert. There are or at least were when I left, UK stickers under some seats, in the restrooms, on trash cans,under counts, on napkin holders and anywhere else I could find a good place to put them. So they can complain about the blue around the lower deck, but hopefully, there is still a lot of blue else where in that place. BTW, it is a nice place but if you have tickets in the upper arena you won’t have room for your legs much less your feet. Make sure you take a parachute with you when you decide to come down from up there, big chance of falling forward.

96. Theville
    10:25 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

94)Hey BlueCrapper. No tears from the Ville. I have many friends that are pUKe fans. It’s all in good humor, but BlueNecks like yourself should just stay home on your couch and watch games on your rabbit-eared black and white 16″ t.v…but whatever helps you sleep at night. Keep patting yourself on the back, I’m sure no one else wants to.

97. Stickman
    11:13 pm January 3, 2011 Permalink

Hey Theville, obviously Loserville fans don’t even like “the ville” or they wouldn’t be giving/selling their lower arena tickets to BBN. The ultimate insult is when your own people won’t support you. Must suck to be a fan of that little commuter school down the road.

78-63