Being Satisfied About the Cats

The young gentleman above was a KSR follower on Twitter until this morning, when he tweeted to us:

Feeling pretty good about unfollowing @KySportsRadio, ready to follow my CATS w/o cheesy, annoying commentary from Matt Jones #BYE!LOSERDORK

For the man with the 2 dollar moustache, cocky head nod and pink wallpaper, annoying commentary from a dorky blogger is not acceptable and keeping up with the Cats in a cooler, more Ed Hardy fashion will make him much happier. Getting KSR commentary in the most ridiculous manner possible was not satisfactory, but now he has found inner peace.

I hope a similar peace can be found in the UK fanbase. After most games this season, there has been a feeling of discontent in the Big Blue Nation. I sense it most heavily on my postgame radio show, where callers usually take to dissecting the game by initially saying what the Cats did wrong and noting that if “they do that in March, we can’t win a title.” It isn’t that such observations are not true…they often are. But they are also incomplete and generally do not focus on what the team has done well. After the Arkansas game, the mood was much better, as the Cats had produced a complete effort, with no obvious letdowns. It might have been the best game the Cats have played since North Carolina, and fans treated it as such.

But unfortunately, that view has been an outlier for basically every game since Indiana. With six top players taking the majority of minutes, it seems that we all too often focus on the player that didn’t play well, rather than the ones that did. At various times this season, Marquis Teague, Terrence Jones and Darius Miller have all taken criticism, not necessarily for playing terribly, but just for not reaching the heights that their vaunted teammates have in a game. In some ways, it is the downside to having a team in which anyone of six players can lead you in scoring every night. While praising the one who ended up being the top point scorer, you then ask why the other five could not have done it as well.

At the beginning of the season, I thought it was very important for fans to “enjoy the ride” of what would be a special season. It has been different than what I initially expected as there have not been quite as many signature moments as we experienced in 2009-2010. But nevertheless, Kentucky is still 18-1, with the only loss coming on a buzzer beater in the most hostile environment I have ever experienced. Anthony Davis has set the all-time single season block record, MKG has become a fan favorite for all time and we have seen the development of maybe the best six man rotation in a decade. All of us, myself included, want this team to reach its next gear and become special…and there is nothing wrong with that. But it is important to remember that even if Kentucky hasn’t hit the turbo button to become other-worldly just yet, they still are damn good right now.

Article written by Matt Jones

122 Comments for Being Satisfied About the Cats

1. Walden
    8:16 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

2. Keith
    8:17 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

You forgot to mention the martini glass

3. Buckets
    8:19 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Is that Rosebud, the bar downtown?

4. mocha
    8:19 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Looks like a young Blake Shewmaker, I see ya big fella!
    Nice post Matt.

5. Just Sayin
    8:20 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

When they hit that button watch out.

6. Tig
    8:20 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Amen. And nobody wants a person with a stache following them on Twitter anyway.

7. WildFan
    8:25 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

What a dumbass. I can follow the Cats my own way. I can choose to read KSR or not read KSR. I can read some of what’s on KSR and not read other portions. I can follow on twitter or not follow. I can watch KSTV on or not watch KSTV. All for no additional cost over what I already pay for cellular data, cable tv and my broadband connection. I feel pretty comfortable following my Cats without Matt Jones but if he and the rest of the KSR crew are spending the time and effort to search out and share news on everything UK sports related so that I don’t have to… GREAT. Thanks guys (and gals) for making the information available for free in a manner that allows so many choices.

8. lol
    8:27 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Anyone else having problems posting? I haven’t posted in days, yet when I try it says to slow down, that I’m posting too fast. =/

9. BPsycho
    8:29 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Mark Wahlberg could have instantly killed the terrorist on 93 with his bad acting but he wasn’t on the plane, so his other plan to stfu is a good one.

/rant

10. chief broom
    8:34 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

yeah, i don’t get why ppl tweet athletes silly stuff or famous ppl silly stuff either; who gives a rats ass about his 2 pennies..

here’s something much better; the author of the SOPA bill, his webpage stole some wallpaper for the background. nice.

11. Oborolovesksr
    8:35 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Kaboom. Lol. That’s funny stuff. Most people would ignore but not our Matt. That what makes this place so fun.

12. rainman
    8:36 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Could hurt you’re ratings losing the STRIP CLUB market!!

13. Rixter
    8:37 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Name the last team that was on top of it’s game for the entirety of the season? It’s not possible.. every team is going to peak at some point of the season, and play somewhere below that level for the majority. Would you rather have this team follow the path of the 2010-11 squad, or would you rather they follow a louisville-esque path, where you play your best ball in December?

14. UKGoBigBlue
    8:38 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

It’s guys or people in general like him that never get it, they never get the memo that they aren’t very smart, that they aren’t the man, they aren’t important, and that no one cares what they think especially when they pose like he is in that picture. The only thing he could have done dumber was put up his scissor gang mafia/peace sign. To the guy in the photo; here is your official memo of notification: you are a douche. Now go update your Facebook

15. you suck
    8:39 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

I like it #christhomasisadouche

16. Kyle
    8:43 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

at #6 and #9…..it isn’t that serious I dont think Matt really cares if this guy is following KSR on twitter or not its just something to have fun with yall should just try n have a sense of humor

17. Kyle
    8:44 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Matt, this blog is great and I read it everyday, no reason to be petty and post this stuff though

18. Echo 1
    8:45 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

That utensil in front of his junk looks like he is ready for a vaginal exam. Either that, or he is into some funky stuff.

19. ColoradoCat
    8:47 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

20. Funky Monkey
    8:50 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Matt, I just e-mailed you a video of Anthony, Terrence, & MKG at the Seaton Center 15 minutes ago, so maybe they didn’t get enough ball at practice today?

21. HydenCat
    8:53 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Sorry Matt, but you’re analysis/ commentary is made for blogs, not TV or radio. On the upside, losing a twitter follower with a dead ferret attached to his nose actually increases your status in the social networking medium. (Addition by subtraction)

22. SMDreads
    8:53 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

He’s making “that face when some dudes get their picture taken” that just SCREAMS. I love weinerz.

23. Uncle TT
    8:53 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Matt:

You’re insecure and a stalker. Take the criticism and keep moving. Pretty professional… NOT!

24. Echo 1
    8:54 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Many of you are wrong. The dude could have simply stopped following without a tweet. Instead, he wanted attention. Well, dude got what he wanted.

25. WildC
    8:55 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

I have met Matt Jones and the man in the picture and I can say with certainty that the man in the picture is much cooler. Nothing against KSR just an observation.

26. BPsycho
    8:57 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

He’s trying say KSR is cheesy when he know da** well the face he made in this picture. Cheesy went out the window bro. Only inner piece you gone find is in another dudes pants.

27. here ya go
    8:59 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

here matt this is the song that guy asked about and a few others have asked about.. i emialed it and tweeted it but u keep ignoring me 🙁

28. rodgers
    9:01 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

this site has been a huge source of negativity throughout this season. You can pin it on radio callers, but you guys have bashed this team and exemplified the dumb uk fan. Everyone was certainly worried about Teague, but you guys kill the team constantly. On the live blog for TN game Jones said within the first 10 minutes of the first half that he didnt see how UK could win the game. And lets not get into the criticism of TJ who has battled through an injury and rounding back into form.

You guys did a great job in creating this site for UK fans, but you might need to step back and look at some of the stuff going on because you guys might have gotten a little too big for your britches

29. Armchair Cowboy
    9:03 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Whoa, anyone who thinks Matt Jones is a douche is cool in my book. I follow KSR because of the CATS, not Matt Jones. He doesn’t get that, run into sometime, talk to him for 5 minutes and his egotistical persona will astound you. Suck it Matt Jones! More Beisner!

30. AshlandCat
    9:05 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

so what about the play where the refs called a block on ark and a charge on teague? i havent seen anyone talking about it…

31. TheDecker
    9:06 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Soooo…..IU just lost to Nebraska

32. kevooo
    9:07 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

hahaha… i know that dude, trust me – he’s the farthest thing from an ed hardy douche

33. Bigcat4453
    9:07 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Indiana has found it a lot tougher on the road after having an amazing home stand. The Hoosiers lose to a football school. I didn’t knwo Nebraska even had a basketball team. J/K

34. Uncle TT
    9:09 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Also, that wallpaper’s pretty badass, Matt.

35. Wildcat Kyle
    9:12 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

This is his profile pic for same sex E Harmony site. He kinda looks like a gay Chris Jericho.

36. buck nasty
    9:12 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Who is this D-Bag?

37. Wildcat Kyle
    9:15 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

It sucks that guys like that are UK fans. I have walked over tougher guys than that on my way to a fight.

38. RichieFarmer
    9:16 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Why would you alienate people like me who wear Ed Hardy? He’s wearing a white shirt, dude.

And the crap you wrote afterwards is telling Cats fans to calm down and be happy with mediocrity. Where the hell are you from?

39. Braamish
    9:16 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

I know that dude too! He’s a lot cooler than Matt Jones and can ski like a mad man.

40. Will Jones
    9:17 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Matt, apologies for hurting your feelings with my tweet, your site is great, keep up the good work. I do want to use my first and last comment on a website message board to say that you should really see my stache now, it’s filled in quite nicely AND I’ve gotten better with the head nod, so things are on the up and up. Thanks everybody, and GO CATS!!

41. UKFAN
    9:17 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

funny how IU cant seen to win away from its arena. Karma is a …..!

42. Matt Jones
    9:18 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

For the record, I dont know the guy but I am sure he is much cooler than me…but that isn’t saying much considering I am sitting here right now reading a book and listening to Dwight Yoakam. Just thought his comment was funny, especially when accompanied with the picture. I am sure he is a good dude.

In other news, Indiana losing again absolutely cracks me up.

43. Eat me
    9:19 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Matt Jones is the effing man, the only reason why you don’t like him is because you’re jealous. All of you can go suck on a huge donkey dick and eat shit.

44. RichieFarmer
    9:19 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

For those of you making homophobic comments, and I know Matt Jones is with me here, you guys should work on going ahead and coming out of the closet… Why do you think you all get so excited when Jared Polson gets in?

45. UKFAN
    9:21 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Now Dwight Yoakam is a douche bag. Glad Karl took his head off!

46. Matt Jones
    9:22 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

#40 Do you have a full mustache for real? If so, much respect…I wish I had the balls to do it

47. wildcathomer
    9:22 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

What’s all the fuss about? You may love the Cats and KSR but how can anyone argue if Matt Jones is a loser dork? I mean, come one, the guy is about the most annoying person ever. He always yells on the radio and TV, has no stage presence, provides “decent” analysis, is extremely touchy (meaning – he slams other writers/sites/reporters constantly, but gets his panties bunched if anyone says one word about him – uhhh… case in point above), was an ambulance chaser lawyer (nice job!) and went to Transy and Duke…. so this is the guy you all defend when it comes to Kentucky sports reporting? Really? I think more people should point out what a dork the guy is….

48. joey
    9:23 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Wow Matt, the sad thing is posting this says more about you than it does him. Not to mention he probably has more friends in Lexington than you and I’m sure they will no longer be reading your blog. Good call trying to embarrass and ridicule the very people who put you in the position you are in today. You are obviously a genius. You must be proud.

49. tyrus
    9:24 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Anger is never without a reason, but seldom with a good one.
    Benjamin Franklin

50. Wildcat Kyle
    9:24 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

#47 or u can go to another site where he cant bother u ever again.

51. Keith
    9:26 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Kiss my ass

52. kevooo
    9:26 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

#48 is right… Will Jones is a BAMF… he derives all his power from the ‘stache

53. Wildcat Kyle
    9:28 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Good comeback!

54. RichieFarmer
    9:28 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

#50 Like which ones? For such a Big Blue Nation, resources are slim pickins.

And which fight are you referring to? I want the details from someone who brags about fighting on kentuckysportsradio.com.

55. Uncle TT
    9:31 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

#48

… NOT!!

56. Wildcat Kyle
    9:31 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Its a old saying dork!

57. kramer
    9:34 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

I’m sure Matt will not lose much sleep over someone like that not following!!He looks like a total A**!

58. RichieFarmer
    9:34 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

“A old saying” Thought so. So, it wasn’t a physical fight… Thought it could’ve been a text fight or Facebook fight. Not sure if you have twitter

59. Ahole
    9:35 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Dont ever change Matt..When the uncensored podcast gonna be available?

60. Wildcat Kyle
    9:36 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

wtf are you talking about?

61. Wildcat Kyle
    9:37 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Why, are you wanting to?

62. barn
    9:39 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

who’s ed hardy?

63. RichieFarmer
    9:39 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Have a twitter fight? Sure. You get the first tweet

64. LeeW
    9:41 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Epic failure of a call out, Matt. Better luck next time.

65. Katie
    9:43 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

I love you Matt Jones! You never fail to make to laugh and listing to the radio podcast to and from work is one of the best parts of my day.

66. Wildcat Kyle
    9:44 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Dude I appreciate the sarcasm but I wasn’t even talking to you.

67. wildcathomer
    9:47 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Fair enough, but the second half of my comment still applies. Go Cats!

68. bubbles
    9:47 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

He’s not really an Ed hardy guy, those thin shoulders and skinny neck wouldn’t fill the shirt out

69. Uncle TT
    9:48 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Bold statement here:
    Matt Jones and Will Jones are… related. This is a PR stunt to get more attention to Matt’s failing site and career?

70. Wildcat Kyle
    9:52 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

#63 LOL. Sounds about right!

71. Hock
    9:55 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Will Jones gets all the ethnic trim.

72. P.L. Wallingford, III
    9:56 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Wow, with the numerous uses of “dude” here, I’m quite positive that you’re all (KSR personalities included) a bunch of Metrosexuals…..

73. Uncle TT
    9:56 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Tell him who Ed Hardy is, Kyle.

74. Alex
    9:57 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Yall do a great job. I happen to coach high school basketball, a lot of people in this state watch the cats play and all of the sudden are these big basketball minds. Let the coaches coach and the fans need to keep their day jobs and be fans.

75. nolablue
    9:58 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

What are the chances we get to see IU in March… and KILL THEM in say… Ricky P’s Big Aluminum Travel Trailer?
    I mean, is that a realistic hope on my part, that we get to see them again in Doesn’tExistville and kill, well, uh
    “two birds with one stone”, so to speak?

76. Loyal_UK_Fan
    9:59 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

A DB with the duckface……And he’s calling someone else a dork?

77. nolablue
    10:00 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

And, I’m not saying this to be hateful in any way, shape or form, but if that guy
    isn’t gay, I’m Miss America. And people, I am ugly as a mud fence.

78. Jimmy Dykes
    10:00 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Love the site and in no way taking up for the guy pictured, but this post is childish. Get some thicker skin Matt. You actually look sillier than the guy you are clowning.

79. Wildcat Kyle
    10:01 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Is that why you are on a fan site “Coach”

80. RichieFarmer
    10:02 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

LoyalUKFan:

How many times has Matt seen your “O” face?

81. OH YAYER
    10:03 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

To be honest, it was pretty weak of KSR to call him out. Shouldn’t y’all be above that? Let his comments speak for themselves.

82. Wildcat Kyle
    10:05 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Somebody has a big blue crush on the guy in the picture

83. Wildcat Kyle
    10:09 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

When are we gonna wear the grey uniforms? anyone know?

84. GapToothDanny
    10:15 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

MINNESOTA: Land of 10000 Lakes ©
    KENTUCKY: Land of 10000 coaches â„¢
    GTD

85. Bald Guy
    10:16 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Twitter and Facebook have made me vomit in my mouth multiple times recently… Why are there so many people social networking that can’t stand the sites and people? When did Tipton clone himself? While some people may say they don’t like Matt Jones… I never met the guy and I would be willing to bet they have not either… that is pretty sad if you ask me. The guy, regardless of opinion, is living the dream of a true CATS fan. I guess haters show up anytime you are doing something right. Jeff Pearlman can eat a can of Faultless extra crispy.

86. Hock
    10:17 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Wildcats Kyle has now made 12 comments in 51 minutes. Why don’t you learn a thing or 2 from The guy in the pic, and go get u some ethnic strange

87. RichieFarmer
    10:23 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Bald Guy:

How many times have you shown Matt “the Living Dream” your “O” face?

88. Zack Ryder
    10:39 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

You serious bro? Everyone knows Matt Jones likes to grab his ankles, biggest [email protected] around.

89. Ciggy
    11:22 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

I remember a time when you were just a dorky blogger mr jones. Don’t take this stuff so seriously.

I enjoy this site alot, the personal shots you take at folks and how smug you look/seem sometimes isn’t what i like about the site.

Keep up the good stuff, and i’ll keep up reading and giving you site hits. No matter what you do, i’m not gonna shop at boone’s butcher shop though.

90. eyebrows
    11:24 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

Wow this site has gotten petty to care what some dude says. Thats low for them to give a shit and post his pic

91. anthonyeppsdrivingschool
    11:27 pm January 18, 2012 Permalink

@90, Low? really? come on

92. Buckets
    12:50 am January 19, 2012 Permalink

I have no idea who Ed Hardy is, either…

Anyway, Matt, I love the site and the radio show (never seen the TV show because I live out of state), but you should be above posting peoples’ pictures just to call them out, no matter how lame or mean or stupid their comments about you are. Ultimately, their comments are inconsequential. The popularity of KSR as a whole proves that. When you put yourself in the public eye, not everyone is going to like you. Such is life and you should know by now that haters gon’ hate. F ’em!

93. Natural Macaroni
    1:22 am January 19, 2012 Permalink

Will Jones has a really hot sister…no really.

94. Wildcat Kyle
    2:00 am January 19, 2012 Permalink

@ Hock, why do you care?

95. the barzel
    6:14 am January 19, 2012 Permalink

looks like marc maggard’s long lost brother

96. The Cheese
    7:11 am January 19, 2012 Permalink

Anyone that has a problem and is horrified by this post obviously hasn’t been following ksr long. Matt has been doing this from time to time for a long time. You morons who are critical do not get this site. It isn’t ESPN.

97. Roger, Roger
    7:16 am January 19, 2012 Permalink

Yea, bad post. Move on. But hey, the comments above were great!

98. vanmeathead
    7:24 am January 19, 2012 Permalink

I wouldn’t mess with Will Jones….or his sister!

99. Bubbles
    8:13 am January 19, 2012 Permalink

#97 Thank you! Hit the nail on the head.

100. Thor
    8:39 am January 19, 2012 Permalink

Duckface! 🙁

101. phillipe
    8:43 am January 19, 2012 Permalink

Matt if anyone wants to start listening to following pretenders who would not have any idea to do it without you blazing the trail do need to move on, they don’t get it, neither does anyone who calls you a bully or other STUPID, IGNORANT names.
    Also you are about as much a loser dork as Caywood was, and I knew the man.
    Onward and upward Matty

102. Dr. Phil
    8:56 am January 19, 2012 Permalink

I hope you are above doing a post like this again Matt, it is petty.

103. chris
    10:07 am January 19, 2012 Permalink

I for one, will contend that matt jones is a douche bag who tried to call me out on twitter once. #terd

104. JoeMoney333
    10:15 am January 19, 2012 Permalink

I found this shit funny!

105. WILDMAN
    10:34 am January 19, 2012 Permalink

I bet Chris and Dr. Phil own a cat… jus sayin..

106. bluebiscuit
    10:46 am January 19, 2012 Permalink

#102, Petty — Tom Petty or Richard Petty? The guy looks a little like Tom Petty. But Richard has a ‘stache.

107. DDC
    11:08 am January 19, 2012 Permalink

“I wear my sunglasses at night”

108. Bob
    12:14 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

Matt, are you deleting my posts?

109. jdub
    1:53 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

Matt, isn’t that your duke law school buddy Tucker Max?

110. Keepin' it Real
    4:05 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

I know the guy in the photo, and his tweet is not surprising. He’s a douchebag on a daily basis. He also thinks he is way important than he really is, which is why we generally laugh at him behind his back.

111. NoGrayUnisPlease
    7:23 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

Keepin’ it Real – Why don’t you do what your name says and laugh at him to his face?

112. NoGrayUnisPlease
    7:25 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

I bet he’d stuff your face so full of junk that you couldn’t laugh without choking on teste.

113. John Tummelson
    7:57 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

Interesting that “keepin’ it Real” posts anonymously and admits that he laughs at people behind their back rather than face another person. I don’t even know the kid in the picture, I just love a good wuss when I see one. Yes, Keepin’ it Real, John Tummelson called you a “wuss.” I might be worried, but there is no way you’ll ever do anything except hide behind a moniker on a blog.

114. Byers
    9:15 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

While you sad homophobes are busy reading this blog and all related comments, Duke fans (and joey too) are running through Lex-town charming all your ladies. Suck on them apples!

115. Blue Warrior
    11:59 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

#112 is in love with that guy in the pic.

116. joey
    12:11 am January 20, 2012 Permalink

Yeah what Byers said (minus the duke fans part). I bet Keepin it Real hasn’t kept it real a day in his life

117. ukgrad2004
    2:27 am January 20, 2012 Permalink

Dude, if you thought he was cheesy and annoying, why did you start following KSR in the first place? For the record, I love the radio show and try to listen to it on podcast every afternoon/evening. I don’t agree with every single thing Jones says, but most of the time he is on-target. By the way, being aware that the guys on this team are KIDS and are destined to make mistakes is not equal to “accepting mediocrity”.

118. Uncle TT
    7:05 am January 20, 2012 Permalink

#117 I’d never heard of Matt Jones before I saw this and never listened to his show. Doesn’t look like he has much to say. Transy and Duke law grad. who does nothing but blog and talk shit? Not a perspective I care to hear.
    UK fans are alright with some mistakes but we’re going to need a championship or hope of one on a regular basis. Matt Jones’ telling people to calm down is a moot point. The discontent he’s talking about is nothing new. How recently did you become a fan?

119. NoGrayUnisPlease
    7:14 am January 20, 2012 Permalink

Smooth. The whole point is: Doesn’t Matt Jones have better things to do with his time and this forum than put a former listener out to a bunch of rednecks to make fun of a picture he got on Twitter? Doesn’t he have a job to do?

120. KYfriedCalipari
    12:20 pm January 20, 2012 Permalink

Dude’s got junk for days… Nothing wrong with that.
    Seriously, it’s the new millenium let’s chill with the homophobia. A little bromance here and there never hurt anyone

121. ukgrad2004
    3:47 am January 21, 2012 Permalink

@#118 (Uncle TT)

I’ve been a UK fan for more than half my life, and I’m not that young. Expectations for UK basketball have always been high, and they always will be. But sometimes, for whatever reason, things don’t pan out despite having all of the top players in your fold. There have been MANY times where the best team in the nation didn’t even make it to the Final Four. There are a lot of future pros on this squad, but fans want it to be 1996 all over again and it simply isn’t going to happen. Yet they are still 18-1, #2 in the country, and a strong bet for a #1 seed. As Jones said, let’s enjoy the ride and see where it takes us.

As for the Twitter war, in my view the guy in the picture instigated it. If you start something, don’t be surprised when you experience retaliation. I don’t fault Jones whatsoever.

122. Uncle TT
    8:59 am January 21, 2012 Permalink

Eff that. Let’s get a championship.

You and Matt Jones remind me of school on a Sunday.