Batmanning Wants Afternoon Notes and Podcast

We thought we had seen it all when the planking craze swept the Internet, but now four guys at Purdue have taken it to the next level with “Batmanning” – the act of hanging upside down. I guess when you go to Purdue, it’s either hang upside in parking garages or hang out at bars with a bunch of a dudes. I’d be Batmanning too.

— Joker met with the media today in his regular Monday afternoon appearance in Commonwealth Stadium. Our KSR intern should be by any minute now with a write-up from the presser, but I’ll hit a few notes before he arrives:

— Matt Roark is listed behind Brian Adams on the depth chart. Aaron Boyd is behind that. #FreeHim

Matt Smith and Billy Joe Murphy won’t practice tomorrow. These two need to get healthy ASAP.

— Joker tipped his hat to Louisville’s offense and pointed out that the Cardinals out-gained FIU in the loss.

— Lots and lots of Josh Clemons praise.

— He said they’ll look to utilize the shotgun formation more to give Newton opportunities to run the ball.

— More later.

— On the other side of the rivalry, Charlie Strong doesn’t seem too confident in his team entering the Governor’s Cup. “We’re going to go face a team now that is a very good football team. I don’t know if we can beat Kentucky right now,” he said. I’m not so sure Charlie and I have been watching the same Kentucky games. I like his attitude, though.

— If you’re looking for some good afternoon television, Louisville killer Stevie Johnson will be on SportsCenter today at 3:40. He filmed a bit for KSTV at 12:30. Priorities.

— In basketball news, 2012 recruit Kaleb Tarczewski scheduled two official visits and Kentucky is not one of them. The 7-footer will visit Kansas this weekend and then Arizona next weekend before making his final decision. Those two have long been the leaders for his services and it looks like he’ll end up with one of them. Tarczewski is/was also considering North Carolina and Kentucky.

— I’d like to wish a big Happy Birthday to our man Josh Hopkins. Beisner already called dibs on the spankings.

Today’s podcast is #TeamJennifer approved. Take a listen…

Article written by Drew Franklin

13 Comments for Batmanning Wants Afternoon Notes and Podcast

1. Jeff
    2:19 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

Kentucky was very sharp in the last half of Saturday’s game. That may be what Charlie is referring to. The day’s of scoring 50+ points and going 500 yards are gone. We are not that type of football team but this team can keep opponents scoring down and should be able to run the football (when healthy up front). This UK team still has alot of upside and I’m not ready to throw in the towel. I said 9-3 and I’m sticking to it!

2. Hunter
    2:32 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

Im sure caliparis call from Argentina went great into getting Kaleb Tarczewski to come to uk…

3. BigBlueLush
    2:36 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

lookout for a rash of jacka$$es with sore/broken necks after falling straight onto the tops of their heads while trying to do this, haha.

4. Jax Teller
    2:41 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

Fortunately for Hopkins, Erin Andrews already beat Beisner to the spankings. Sorry Beis. #PEEPHOLES

5. Huntsville Cat
    2:41 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

Sean Miller is getting it done in Arizona. If Cal ever does decide to give the NBA another shot, I’d love to see Miller in Blue and White. He’s an excellent coach and recruiter.

6. lexslamman
    2:46 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

Planking? Batmanning?

Are college kids really that bored?

Whatever happened to taking a couple of bong hits and putting on a Pink Floyd album?

7. Saz
    3:06 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

Huntsville Cat, Thanks for the Sean Miller props. Sean already tested the waters with Maryland and N.C.State where he is well known. Now after much thought he is done with going back to the east coast and has settled in Tucson for the long haul with his family. By the way, when Cal left Memphis the only reason he didn’t take the AZ. job was because he didn’t want to spend 4 years rebuilding, and with Sean 2 years. So go after Josh Pastner in a few years and we will see you at the Final Four

8. Saz is an idiot
    3:23 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

7 – I think there a few reasons why Cal didn’t take the AZ job: (1) the KY job is a hell of a lot better, (2) who the hell wants to sweat their a$$ off in Tucson 9 months out of the year, and (3) the KY job is a hell of a lot better…its so true it deserved to be said twice. My best friend lived out there for 4 years and I visited a few times…its definitely not somewhere to live for the long-haul. By the time AZ sees us in the Final Four, we will have banners 8 and 9 hung. Good day.

9. UKGirl
    3:28 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

7) That’s exactly what all the Xavier fans in Cincy said before he bolted. While I agree Arizona maybe one level above Xavier as far as basketball schools, Arizona is nowhere near UK level.

10. UKGirl
    3:28 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

7) That’s exactly what all the Xavier fans in Cincy said before he bolted. While I agree Arizona may be one level above Xavier as far as basketball schools, Arizona is nowhere near UK level.

11. Manbearpig
    3:51 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

Dang Drew still butt hurt that you couldn’t pick up a girl up here?

12. hahaha
    9:08 pm September 12, 2011 Permalink

Lack of hot girls on campus results in 69ing that statue!!! How pitiful.

13. Saz
    12:52 pm September 14, 2011 Permalink

Saz is an idiot Says: To the idiot that thought up the name. Go to school
    September 12th, 2011 at 3:23 pm