John Calipari never fails to entertain. Whether he’s cracking jokes, re-hashing his cliche lines (Paducah to Pikeville, anyone?) , making hilarious faces, subtly blasting his foes, or getting ridiculous for the press – he ‘gets it’…and he gets it done. I love this man. If you thought I was truly bashing him the other day with the faces, you’re being foolish. If I made that face, I would support all memes made from it. It’s all in good fun. We LOVE Cal at KSR, and he enjoys when we have a little fun in his honor. Today, as Stu Hammer told you earlier, Calipari was at it again when he barked like a dog at the press conference. Hilarious. Listen below:
Now let’s re-cap the happenings of this dreary and boring Friday:
– Our beloved Wildcats touched down in Louisiana at 7pm tonight and prepares for their challenge against LSU (12-8, 2-4 SEC) tomorrow at 4pm. Part of that challenge will be the Commonwealth’s own Anthony Hickey, a freshman who is producing for the Tigers.
– Carter Blackburn and Kyle Macy will be on the 1’s and 2’s tomorrow. Get your dancing shoes on.
– Remember that time when a disillusioned and troubled former 5-star recruit almost transferred to UK from Tubby’s reign at Illinois? Well it was much closer to fruition than we may have realized. Royce White and his anxiety problems are chronicled here – and he had this to say: ”I was on my way to Kentucky,” White said. “Anxiety set in. It hurt me so bad because I have so much respect for Coach Calipari and Kentucky basketball. I almost came to tears because my anxiety had let me down in that situation.”
– Hey, did you guys check out the pictures of the platinum warm ups?
– Did you see what Shabazz had to say about UK and Coach Cal (okay, and Coach K)? Check out Tyler Thompson’s post before.
– Looks like Red Bull is helping give Rajon Rondo an All-Star push. VOTE RONDO.