Barack Obama Clearly Hates Kentucky Basketball Players

Jinx us once, shame on you.  Jinx us twice, we’ll never forgive you.  The mind freaking powers of President Barack Obama are respected and feared within the Kentucky fan base after the Commander In Chief sent the 2009-10 team on a crash course with their first loss just hours after holding a conference call to tell them how great they were.  Now it seems his ability to jinx is even stronger than once believed, according to Shaquille O’Neal, who says in an upcoming book that Obama is the reason that Rajon Rondo struggled down the stretch last season and appeared to be less confident in his shot.

Here’s an excerpt from Shaq Uncut, which will be released November 15:

In early March some of the guys went to the museum of Fine Arts for a fund-raiser and got to hang with President Barack Obama. Everyone was a little bit in awe. The President turns to Ray, points at Rondo, and says, “Hey, Ray, why don’t you teach this kid how to shoot?” Everyone starts laughing.

KG told me he saw the look on Rondo’s face and the kid was devastated, embarrassed. Dissed by the President, even though I’m sure Obama didn’t mean any harm. Rondo smiled and went along with all of it, but KG told me he could see it in his eyes. It bothered Rondo. It killed him.

The next day Rondo shot the ball horribly. He stopped taking shots after that. He’s so sensitive. I think it was a real jolt to hear the outside perception of a basketball fan who happens to be the President of the United States. It messed with his mind. I’m sure of it.

Rondo has not commented on the situation and most likely won’t, and you can be your own judge on whether or not it affected him.  After the meeting, Rondo averaged more points and rebounds and committed fewer turnovers per game, but also averaged fewer steals and assists.  Either way, you can’t deny the painful fact that the former Kentucky point guard had a stable job under former President Bush and now finds himself unemployed during this era of Obama.

Nerd Fight!  Go!

Article written by Thomas Beisner

79 Comments for Barack Obama Clearly Hates Kentucky Basketball Players

1. Gov. RickPerry
    1:06 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

That’s treasonous!!!!

2. bluesince66
    1:06 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

I believe the last sentence is a serious hint as to who NJT is.

3. ReverendBlue
    1:10 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

Rondo should have said, “Oh yeah, well I may not have any experience as a ‘community organizer,’ but I know how to get an economy going.”

4. Kwildcat
    1:10 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

What a shitty thing to say…..why don’t i tap Sexinnursinhomes on the shoulder and point to Obama and say say “Hey, why don’t you teach that guy to lead our country??” and then LMAO. You bet it hurt Rondo, who is a great kid. BAD FORM!!!!!!!

5. R. Rondo
    1:11 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

Dude, I’m with the Tea Party – Obama is a bitch.

6. uk3k
    1:12 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

i heard that the university of Miami is willing to pay any players who are willing to accept cash.

they have apparently been running their own stimulus package for years…

7. kentuckyjoe
    1:12 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

Beis, how much fact checking have you done on this? I, for one, would be very surprised if this were true. It’s just more of the untrue stuff floated about the man. You know how polished and conscientious he is; he just wouldn’t say something like this. It’s possible it’s true but it would be totally out of character.

8. Roy D. Mercer
    1:13 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

Could we get Jimmy Carter to teach OBlahBlah how to be president?

9. I. Melvin
    1:14 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

Everything that idiot touches turns to crap.

10. JEREMY
    1:14 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

I can hear Obama’s approval rating dropping in the state of KY as we speak….lol

11. uk3k
    1:15 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

#8) it could very well be true. why would shaq lie?

12. SexnNursinHomes
    1:15 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

5- hahaha I could probably do a better job. Sexual Reform Act of 2012.

Just got my popcorn at my desk..gonna be a good thread.

13. JimmyCarter2.0
    1:16 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

More evidence that Barry doesn’t know much about anything. Can we see his ‘official’ transcript?

14. Wildcat 1nsight
    1:16 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

4) Rondo has no idea how to get an economy going.
    5) Rondo is a 25 year old man with an Kanye like ego.

15. Boo Bear
    1:18 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

Shaq also says that Icy Hot relieves pain. It doesn’t. Why should he be believed about this?

16. Michelle Obama
    1:18 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

Y’all leave my man alone – or i’ll donky kick ya with this big old ass.

17. Yup
    1:21 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

They took our jeoooobbs!!!

18. DON
    1:23 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

What’s your reason for this post other than to take up space? This is the kind of flame out post seen on rival boards. You suck Beisner!

19. exiledfan
    1:23 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

No 2 — thought the same thing. This is a constant (il)logical patter in the NJT articles.

20. Tobias Funke
    1:24 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

KSR comments about Obama remind why KY is at the bottom of the pile when it comes to education, child literacy, child abuse, prescription drug use, environmental protection, etc. But why should anyone expect anything more from the state that brought us Jim Bunning and Rand Paul?

21. UKGoBigBlue
    1:25 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

Everything Obama touches he screws up !!

22. Kanter Banter
    1:26 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

He can’t shoot….don’t be embarrassed do something about. Magic Johnson “couldn’t shoot” either…he did something about it.

23. TommyLasorda
    1:27 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

I wouldn’t take anything that the worst President in the history of the United States said serious. Move on Rondo

24. kentuckyjoe
    1:28 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

You’re right 11. I should have checked the link before posting my comment. I see now that the source was good enough that the Beis’s post Beis needed no further research. I’m not saying this facetiously; I mean it.

25. 20, your comments remind me why the USA economy is in the crapper. Yeah, Barry has done such a great job.

26. kentuckyjoe
    1:29 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

You’re right 11. I should have checked the link before posting my comment. I see now that the source was good enough that Beis needed no further research. I’m not saying this facetiously; I mean it.

27. Kanter Banter
    1:30 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

20…please if you don’t like Kentucky …go move to Tennessee…They got Al Gore there for you…You’ll love it there. If Obama is your man then love on him while you can…cause he’s gonna serve 1 term as president and be waiting tables at Dennys in 2013.

28. KSR Spy
    1:36 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

Michelle Obama could have solved world hunger with the money she spent on her wardrobe and misc shopping. Could have paid to fix Rondo’s shot too.

That being said. Rondo doesn’t have to have an amazing shot because he can score at the rim on drives or he can get 80000 assists. You don’t have to be the one that scores to be responsible for a lot of the teams scoring.

29. Michelle Obama
    1:43 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

You tell ’em #20. If those dumb Kentuckians don’t leave you alone, i’ll eat ’em. You know I like my country food.

30. Al's IndiCats
    1:46 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

Why in the world would anyone take anything a politician said personally or intentionally? No really, why would they? In the last 50 years I’ve yet to hear one speak intellegently unless they had their own agendas.

31. Kevin
    1:46 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

Rondo hits Jumper in the dark at the Yum Center despite President Obama’s criticism. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwQEGuoGdh8

32. Steve Nash
    1:47 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

Look Obama is not THE problem, it is all of washington. It is Obama’s minions and congress and almost every politician out there. But I believe that SOME people in the Tea Party are for real in that they do want to stop the corruption that exists everywhere in politics. Michelle Bachman for PRESIDENT!!!
    The problem is that our society is so divided that nothing can be done, so why not just divide the country up. States have the power to seperate themselves and I am all for it. We will probably end up having another civil war in the next 20 years because of this. Just hope China doesnt decide to come down why were fighting each other and take over. lol

33. edgar soso
    1:48 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

Cal is the man. I’ve got calls from 5 NBA teams. Oh yeah, and Barrack and Michelle suck.

34. uk3k
    1:49 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

your mom goes to college.

35. NBA teams
    1:50 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

Little Eddie, we do NOT want you – and you suck.

36. Crush little red
    1:54 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

how come news concerning the pros vs drnt is no where to be found on the world wide leader?

37. Entertained
    1:54 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

Nice article. And when I say “nice article” I really mean “thanks for stirring up the political nutjobs because this thread is entertaining.”

38. DavenderCatTheSequel
    1:55 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

Hey Bush, why don’t you teach this guy how to govern?

39. JustSayin
    1:58 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

Just imagine how much worse things would be with McCain prez. Unfortunately I have several relatives in SE ky that really believe Obama was born in Africa. They would vote for Bobby Knight for prez if there was an (R) next to the name.

40. Irishhooliganx
    2:02 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

You guys ready for the season?
    I sure am excited about it.

41. Hitchens
    2:06 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

When Obama was running for president everyone on the UK team loved Obama except Michael Porter and I bet almost all of them now will vote Obama in 2012…UK Players love Obama.

42. King Cote
    2:08 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

Every team Barry has called to wish them luck has lost. Just like all of his policies

43. Bsb Coach
    2:10 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

I guess that was a subtle dig at the president to get people who don’t know any better to vote Republican next time. Sadly, it will work for those less capable of seeing thru the subterfuge. Count me out. Go Rondo! Go O’bama!

44. Michelle Obama
    2:16 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

I was righ there when my husband said that to Rondo and I can tell you for certain that it was the first time in my life I was proud of this country.

45. UK Alumni
    2:18 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

I survived college without becoming a liberal. Why doesn’t he stop screwing teams up and go back to what he is good at screwing up our country even more. Oh well it took a Carter to get a Reagan

46. UK Alumni
    2:22 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

44 sadly you are another one of those people who must not be paying attention to what is goin on in our country and what “Change” and “Yes We Can” gets us.

47. Becuz I said So
    2:24 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

The story is not political – and it is likely told by a person that voted for our President (statistically speaking – over 90% likely). Not sure why he would make that up.

Quick – everyone make political comments that are conclusions/opinions without supporting argument.

48. DoubleZeroMostel
    2:28 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

And what years did Rondo attend UK? During the Bush presidency?

BLAME GEORGE BUSH! BLAME GEORGE BUSH! BLAME GEORGE BUSH!- Obama 2012 campaign slogan

49. KyJelly
    2:36 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

“CHANGE” that’s all we’re going to be left with!!!

50. Buck Farack
    2:36 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

Could one of the libs please explain to me why Obama attended a socialist national convention in N.Y. two years in a row in ’83 and ’84. He keeps saying he isn’t a socialist yet is all about redistribution of wealth. Just fn’ admit you love socialism and love dear leader.

51. Peckerwood
    2:38 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

“CHANGE” That’s all we are going to have left!

Bush was a dumbass but our current prez is an even bigger dumbass!

52. JOscarJr
    2:43 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

That shouldn’t have been a big deal to Rondo. After all, Obama was probably just reading from a teleprompter.

53. TreyDay
    2:46 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

I’m kind of feeling bad for Rajon. Imagine the leader of the free world coming up to you and directly criticizing what you do for your profession and a living (regardless of the party). I’d be a little psyched out for a while myself.

54. RDBsports
    2:47 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

Obama makes it so easy to dislike him. It’s like he is trying to piss people off. He could learn a lot from Michael Jordan. “Republicans by shoes too.”

55. DirtyOldMan
    3:01 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

“Hey economy, you’re so bad, don’t teach anyone how to grow.” B. Obama, Jan 2009.

56. MISSUKFAN42141
    3:02 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

Obama is like Calipari, Calipari speaks and everyone (not a UK fan) screams cheater. Obama speaks and he gets blamed for everyone’s problems (including Democrats). Only Coach Cal gets paid more…

57. B-Dub
    3:08 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

40- Are they on Social Security and Medicare? I bet they wouldn’t like those taken away would they. They will lose them if they keep voting R. That’s what really irks me about my fellow Kentuckians. They bash Democrats and hail Republicans, but they don’t realize that Dems want them to keep their SS and Medicare! We can probably thank the emotionally driven and hate-filled rhetoric of Fox News. Ignorance is bliss.

Also, I love this site. I check it about 7 times a day, literally, 7 times. But I’m really getting tired of the political jabs and remarks in the articles. It’s turning me off of this site.

58. birth'n hips
    3:11 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

#42 – 93% of our team is ‘black.’ Who ya think they are gonna vote for? 98% of ‘blacks’ voted for Obama the 1st time. Its called blind loyalty. ‘Black’ unemployment in 17% but Obama will still get 95+% of their vote. Its actually sad.

59. Big girl panties
    3:18 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

#58… cry me a river, ma lady. FoxNews just reported that you have an inverted penis.

60. Michael
    3:38 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

Ron Paul 2012

61. beisnersux
    3:53 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

as if i needed another reason to hate obama

62. woohoo
    3:55 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

RON PAUL 2012

63. RICHARD GIRTH
    4:27 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

Well, we hate him even more.

64. lol
    4:48 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

Ronald Reagan was a terrible president, idiots… unless you count his amazing ability to sleep through meetings, he was nothing more than a puppet

65. JustSayin
    5:00 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

58, agree completely. Fox/Limpy/Hannity group has lowered the discourse terribly. Now, the opponents are demonized into something they are not, just because you want to beat them. It has affected Congress now to the point of a total lack of civility. Also, reporters don’t press candidates/politicians anymore. The absolute drivel that the Teapublicans put out regarding the debt limit would never have passed muster if someone like Tim Russert were interviewing them. Instead it is lie … distortion … lie followed by the next question.

66. Rest in peace Mel Turpin
    5:03 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

#58 – we all WANT Social Security and Medicare. It would be foolish for anyone not to want government to fix everything. The real issue is whether the government can continue to GIVE us Social Security and Medicare. The answer is clear: Not with the equation we have today. So you raise taxes? That’s one possibility. You cut costs? That’s another possibility. At some point, both options will need to be exercised in order for the social programs to stay solvent. It’s inevitable. But both parties are pulling very hard in their own direction, and without strong UN-partisan leadership compromise is harder than postponing the hard choices. This fact is exhibited in the handling of the debt ceiling.

That said, the US cannot defy the laws of economics forever – we are spending way faster than we are earning. It’s not rocket science. It cannot continue indefinitely. Spending must decrease. Period.

67. catnuts
    5:10 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

How is it that 90% of the black population votes for a black candidate and nothing is said about racist. But if 90% of whites would have voted for for McCain, there would have been race riots all over the country.Every black person in a big city would have gotten them a new TV.

68. Rest in peace Mel Turpin
    5:10 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

#66 – is it a lie that the US government can continue running a $2 trillion deficit forever? Is it a lie that government now accounts for 42% of the nation’s GDP? I agree that politicians are no longer civil, but your accusation of “absolute drivel” is quite clearly the statement of an uninformed person. You may ignore the realities, or you may not understand them, however your post is “demonizing” the Republicans in exactly the same way you are ranting against. You hypocrite.

69. JustSayin
    5:18 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

#69, are you telling me that “most” of the stuff from republicans/tea party folks regarding the debt ceiling was accurate? It was drivel and full of either lies or stupidity, you can pick. Is it a lie that corporations now pay about 6% of federal taxes, when 25 years ago the number was 30%? Is it a lie that MOST corporations pay less of a percentage in taxes than middle class folks? There are many pieces to the deficit that can easily be fixed on both sides of the ledger. As far as the hypocrite part I’ll just ignore since you don’t seem very intelligent to me either … :).

70. catnuts
    5:23 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

66) How can you or anyone else in the United States have voted for a person who sat in a church for 20 years that preached Anti-American and Anti-White retoric the way your current president did. How has it that everyone just swept that little fact under the rug like it didn’t happen. Go back and watch the tapes of his sermons and watch the people in the background. Their actions show that this was not the first time that they had heard this message before. If our preacher had said something like that, everyones jaw would have hit the floor and almost everyone I know would have walked out of the church.In the background in his church there was no jaw dropping, there were clapping and shouting in agreement and shaking their heads in the affirmative. Why do you think that Michelle Obama said the statement “this was the first time I was proud to be an American”? She was always taught that the USA was the bad guy.

71. MtnCat
    5:50 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

Obama is a joke, sorry to say.

72. Hitchens
    9:29 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

#51 Were all socialist now, have been a long time.

#59 I dont care what color they are, they are our basketball team and they voted Obama…Obama doesnt hate our players hehe.

73. JustSayin
    10:04 pm August 17, 2011 Permalink

71) it wasnt swept under the rug. It was a big point of discussion thanks to the media. Most people don’t tar one person because they are occasionally around a bit of a loon. My wife goes to a very fundamentalist church and I’ve heard some really crazy stuff. I still love my wife and don’t believe she believes everything we heard. If Obama repeated and said he agreed with the more egregious things I’d take notice but to tar someone because of someone else is really narrow-minded and ignorant imo. Now you wish Obama believed those things don’t you? It would make life simpler for you and fit into the nice neat little box that Limbaugh/Hannity/Fox love to portray. The world is mostly grey my friend. Did all those years Bush was drinking and partying with his buddies and doing whatever else they were doing cause you to vote against Bush? They influenced him and were probably not good role models. Probably not.

74. standthefup
    6:20 am August 18, 2011 Permalink

What a fricken cry baby, he get’s paid enough to have a little thicker skin, maybe kids should stay in college a little longer…and newsflash, it’s true, he can’t shoot a lick.

75. 2020
    8:25 am August 18, 2011 Permalink

Obama tries so hard to be funny, and I just wish he would try to do his job. He’s not funny. We don’t another comedian. We need a leader.

76. UKBlueBlood81
    9:09 am August 18, 2011 Permalink

Reason #14,350,000,000,001 not to vote for Obama!

77. catfaninoboro
    9:32 am August 18, 2011 Permalink

Obama has the reverse of the Midas touch – everything he touches turns to sh**

Go Rondo!

78. CA UK FAN
    1:00 pm August 18, 2011 Permalink

Anybody but Obama in 2012!