Awesome Maryland Fan Doesn’t Make a Fool of Himself At All

I didn’t dislike Maryland fans before, but I do now.  His tears make me strong.  Heads up, there’s a pinch of salty language.

Crab cakes, football, and getting drunk at the Barclays Center: It’s what Maryland does.  Also notice “basketball” was surreptitiously left off that list.

Article written by Corey Nichols

30 Comments for Awesome Maryland Fan Doesn’t Make a Fool of Himself At All

1. James K
    8:36 pm November 10, 2012 Permalink

I guess I was expecting something a little more interesting.

2. Bob Skallen
    8:38 pm November 10, 2012 Permalink

I don’t get it. He was annoying, but I was expecting something far worse.

3. Oh And Another Thang
    8:39 pm November 10, 2012 Permalink

All you corn-pone chicken lickers who are blasting KSR/Corey for not posting that
    Muhammed was ruled ineligible today? Those posts appeared on KSR yesterday.
    Maybe you should scroll back a bit before you unload. In fact, I’m pretty sure
    the first posts about it were they day BEFORE yesterday. Put dat in yer
    pipe ‘n’ smoke it!

4. Poop Tooth
    8:39 pm November 10, 2012 Permalink

To be fair that’s pretty much how every UK fan at the Baylor game in Atlanta was acting in my section while we were destroying them in the first half. I guess it’s just sad that anybody is that emotionally invested in Maryland athletics

5. CatLanta
    8:41 pm November 10, 2012 Permalink

I’d like to give a shout out to the UK mens football team for not loosing today!

6. Dane Brammage
    8:45 pm November 10, 2012 Permalink

@3,

relax bro.

Chill.

WTF?

“Git” over “yournself” ….”feller”.

You must have a small deekie and no chickatha to help u cope.

7. Grammar Police
    8:47 pm November 10, 2012 Permalink

Loosing?

8. drainey
    8:53 pm November 10, 2012 Permalink

Loosing? Is that a word?

9. Trolling Motor
    8:55 pm November 10, 2012 Permalink

#5 has a splash of the “downs”

10. A Waiting Mod irritation
    8:57 pm November 10, 2012 Permalink

If your piece was worthy (ask her, I can vouch), save it.

Other wise, these Joker’s will delete and steal your work product…under the guise of ‘awaiting moderation’.

It is really a brilliant ploy; akin to the book(s) Matt Chones will sell of all our posts.

11. SonsOfAnarchy
    9:01 pm November 10, 2012 Permalink

Not referring to the comments in this post, yet, but can someone please tell Matt Jones to get off his ass and make this a registered site or someway to ban IP adresses so we dont have to look at the same broken record crap ass comments from Jatt Mones, Harvey Gene and all these other douche bag trolls. Its getting ridiculous. I dont care if i got banned from making comments just do something about the BS that is getting worse every day on here. Getting to comment with other UK fans is what makes this site a little better than others and I like many others are probably starting to get turned off on even coming here at all when u have to constantly see Harvey Gene ask if rumors are true of Cal leaving and Jatt Moans say Cayuts 1-9 UL 9-0 I mean 9-1

12. Holler Baller
    9:07 pm November 10, 2012 Permalink

Here’s proof the effects of excess alcohol are the same regardless of political, state or team affiliation.

13. HillbillyInBC
    9:09 pm November 10, 2012 Permalink

The Maryland guys behind me in section 23 were way more annoying than that.

14. lexslamman
    9:19 pm November 10, 2012 Permalink

If that’s obnoxious behavior, Corey has never had to spend any time with Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, Mississippi or Mississippi State fans… or Romney voters, for that matter.

15. Matt cat
    9:23 pm November 10, 2012 Permalink

Lame post

16. Bicycle Standard
    9:26 pm November 10, 2012 Permalink

I thought the title was supposed to be sarcastic, but, nope. He didn’t make a fool of himself at all. Lame.

17. Dave
    9:34 pm November 10, 2012 Permalink

I was just hoping to see this character after the game when we had won. Thats what i thought the point of the video was for. So we could see him being obnoxious, then get to relish in his disappointment.

18. #RISE
    9:37 pm November 10, 2012 Permalink

At least he is showing some excitement and making noice. Some of our fans sit on their ass and golf clap the entire game. Did a blue hair post this?

19. All My T-Shirts Say UK
    9:37 pm November 10, 2012 Permalink

Dear Corey: Thank you for being literate.

Dear Corey-haters: do you even read the rest of this site? His content is as good as anybody else that writes here, with the added bonus that he knows how to use a comma.

20. justin
    9:43 pm November 10, 2012 Permalink

This explains why Hood didn’t get any minutes last night. He was up in the stands losing his voice.

21. Linda Taylor
    9:43 pm November 10, 2012 Permalink

30 – really? I guess he needs to beat duke so he can go out on a high note. I can’t believe Cal would take a paycut and a lesser postion. That’s crazy.

22. Jimi Sizemore
    9:47 pm November 10, 2012 Permalink

I’m 10 times worse than that guy. Next topic.

23. John
    9:40 am November 11, 2012 Permalink

I was at the game. Maryland fans are some of the stupidest and most obnoxious I’ve ever encountered. They make Louisville and Florida fans — hell even Vols — look good. They were out of control rude. Did anyone else expirience anything like this?

24. Seriously?
    10:16 am November 11, 2012 Permalink

Have you seen many UK fans? This guy isn’t bad at all. Hell, I was way worse when UK was on their run in the first half – especially when WCS had a big block. Don’t be a hypocrite or try to act like UK fans are all quiet and polite or not freaking out all game too.

25. Linda Taylor
    10:41 am November 11, 2012 Permalink

Well I see someone has pretended to be me (see #21). I guess it was inevitable. I must have hurt someone’s itty bitty feelings. Nice try, but everyone who reads this site regularly knows I would never have written that.

26. cracka
    10:48 am November 11, 2012 Permalink

the guy is cheering on his team … I don’t get it

27. Kiddekat
    10:57 am November 11, 2012 Permalink

I was not at the game, but watching it on TV was impressed with how loud the Maryland fans were. I do not know the ratio of their fans versus ours, but they seemed to be louder. Perhaps their section was closer to the mike feeds.
    Where were the cheerleaders? I don’t recall seeing or hearing them.
    I do not feel real good about meeting an experienced Duke team this early, and wish we had more time to prepare. But one never knows. There is “one giant leap for Calipari” from the first game to the second. He can show the kids on film what they did or did not do against Maryland. I’ve found that kids these days are more visual than in years past. They tend to lose interest in what is being verbalized but pick up quickly on things that are watched or seen.
    “The sky is not falling” if the Blue Devils win. It is not the end of the world, or the season – merely a bump in the road to success. But it sure would be nice to come home with another victory.
    One more thought (I’ve mentioned this before, but shall repeat it): Nerlens is not the second Anthony Davis, but “The FIRST Noel”. Makes me want to sing. Go Big Blue!

28. David19
    1:11 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

A female friend of mine is much worse in restaurant/sportsbar atmosphere.

29. JBR
    2:29 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

I was at the game, and yes, they were complete jackasses. Think the attitude of UL fans with a norhtern accent and drunk.

30. Mr. Nichols is a Homebody
    3:42 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

I think we can pretty much assume, in posting this… Mr. Nichols simply writes articles for KSR…he’s never actually attended a UK game in his young life.