aUKward Fan Photos Volume 2: Chapter 1

awkward

You thought today was going to be a normal day on KSR: You get your breaking news, you get the radio show podcast, and you get to celebrate the commitment of a great recruit. All in a days work here. “Well, that was a TOTALLY normal day on KSR,” you probably said out loud to yourself when no one was around. Well, you weren’t completely wrong. You got those things. But, you weren’t completely right.  In the spirit of breaking the normality of the day, I’m bringing back aUKward Fan Photos, the post beloved by very few and hated by many.

Because I love no one more than myself, I have a photo of my brother and I tonight so we can get the ball rolling again on this post. If you like old photos and awkward photos, you’re going to love this aUKward Fan Photo.

I write:

“Self, this is a picture of you and your brother Luke from your all’s childhood. You are the taller one. He is the one with white hair and the tight flat bill. He is also making a face that suggests ‘Yeah I’m farting. So what?’

Self, Both of you are wearing a full gray sweat suit, top and bottom, under a knock off polyester Kentucky uniform. You think no one is cooler than you. Considering World Wide Wes, Fred Couples, and Denzel Washington were alive when this picture was taken, this is not true. There were people cooler than you. But you didn’t know any better. You also didn’t know you shouldn’t tuck your sweatpants into your shoes. But, whatever. You were gettin’ it in before people who get it in started gettin’ it in. You did your thing.

One last thing, self. WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE RIGHT SIDE OF THIS PHOTO? Was this a part of a sheet of pictures and someone missed “scissors day” in elementary school? Why is that part of the picture something completely different? God bless photography in the late 80’s.

Aaron Flener”

Me&Luke

I hope you’ve enjoyed your day here at Kentucky Sports Radio dot com. I’d love to feature you in a chapter of aUKward Fan Photos. If not, I can keep writing letters to myself about pictures of me. It’s your call. If you desire to be featured, send me your picture at [email protected] or tweet it to me @AFlenerKSR along with a description of who it is and what is happening.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Cheers!

@AFlenerKSR

Article written by Aaron Flener

John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

11 Comments for aUKward Fan Photos Volume 2: Chapter 1

1. Cats6582
    10:15 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

Hey guys love the post. Have a question for everybody? What’s this rumor about Andrew Harrison saying F*** Andrew Wiggins on Vines. Was he talking smack, or excited? Etc…

2. StoopsisObese
    10:34 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

Look, another uahk player (Barker) with a flat bill. What a thug piece of trash (per uahk fans).

3. CAUKFAN
    10:35 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

I had a pair of jeans like those……and a sweet mullet too!

4. Geez
    10:50 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

Heat getting every single call. Also, Rose is a huge [email protected] for not playing.

5. Nick
    11:43 pm May 10, 2013 Permalink

Ah gotta love Loserville fans, nothing better to do on a Saturday night than troll our site

6. Art Vandalay
    7:37 am May 11, 2013 Permalink

I’m extremely confused right now.

Apparently #2 has never seen a photo of his beloved Charlie Strong.

7. Megan
    7:48 am May 11, 2013 Permalink

Hey, I have one of those Knights of Columbus swords. For some reason.

1 – Who knows. Which is to say, no one does. And no one, KSR included, appears to want to discuss it. Now, isn’t that passing strange? We’ve been reading every tea leaf when it comes to Wiggins, and when something like this makes the rounds, silence. Doesn’t that in itself mean something? Was Matt told not to say anything, and why? And it’s not just Matt. The guys over at A Sea of Blue have been quiet as well. Really, no one is talking about this. What gives?

8. Bryan
    8:15 am May 11, 2013 Permalink

The right side of the picture is the granite counter top that the photo was laying on when this person took a picture of the old photo with their digital camera…

9. 615 CAT
    9:35 am May 11, 2013 Permalink

1-Was wondering the same thing. Our rivals are loving it. :/

10. Cary Fowler
    11:35 am May 11, 2013 Permalink

Seriously, tell us about the Harrison Wiggins drama. ASeaOfBlue.com and KentuckyBasketballForum.com are silent as well. Red flag? Hush money?

11. Melvit
    7:29 pm May 11, 2013 Permalink

#8 I was confused as to why Aaron was confused. It’s clearly the counter top. Someone put this photo down and took a picture of it.