aUKward Fan Photos: Chapter 3

It’s finally Wednesday at 9:30, which means only one thing.  It’s aUKward Fan Photo time.  As always, this is a real picture from a real KSR reader.

This week’s photo came to me accompanied with this message:

I was walking to my seat 3 years ago at a UK basketball game. I have to walk in front of the erupption zone and behind the cheerleaders to get to my seat.  They had put a cheerleader on the shoulders of the announcer, and I may or may not have glanced at the young lady that was placed before me.  I was caught on camera, and my friend took a picture of the screen and sent it to me.”

KSR readers, if I told you I had this picture coming for you after the jump, might that be something you’d be interested in?  I thought so. Click on over.

This young man goes by the name of Tim Holloway. The photo was taken by his friend Paul Bradley. Together I hear they are the pride of Crestwood, KY.

Observations:

1.) Tim is caught red handed on national TV doing what all men have done at one time or another. Ladies, I don’t care how great your man is. Simply put, he has looked at a cheerleader’s butt before. Yes, Mom. I have too.  We’re so good at it that most of the time we do it without even knowing it is happening.

2.) The cheerleader in Tim’s sights is on the shoulders of everyone’s favorite pilot, Jimmy Dykes. She looks like she got a first class seat on Jimmy’s Jet. Additionally, did you guys know that Jimmy was once an assistant coach at UK and Jarnell Stokes doesn’t know how to stretch?

3.) No female in the picture is looking anywhere near the cheerleader’s behind. They couldn’t care less about it. They are just happy the hair salon wasn’t out of blonde highlights.

4.) Look at the woman with her back turned above the row of dance team girls. Is she pick pocketing the security guard? We’ll never know about that. But I can say for certain that security guard was looking at the cheerleader’s backside.

5.) Last but not least…. Tim, who won the game of pocket pool you had going in your left pocket?

Thanks to Tim and Paul for making this picture happen. It is truly one of the best I have ever seen.

**Keep sending me photos at [email protected] or tweet it to me @AFlenerKSR with the hashtag #aUKwardFanPhoto. I’ve found it to be true that the older the picture the better. It can be one person. It can be more.

Tell me your name, where you are from, and a little bit about the picture (where it was taken, when it was taken, etc.).

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––—–––––––-

If you missed the introductory post, check it out here.  Chapter 1, check it out here.  Chapter 2 here.

Article written by Aaron Flener

John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

43 Comments for aUKward Fan Photos: Chapter 3

1. Gabe Dadi
    9:47 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

Seeing these posts’ are usually the worst part of my week. That’s saying something considering how much I hate my job.

2. fly soup
    9:50 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

meh

3. Dale McMillen
    9:51 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

I find the comments of Aaron Flener to be inappropriate (the part concerning looking at a cheerleader’s butt) and out of place for this format. I love KSR but feel they’ve gotten a bit out of control with this type of information. Regardless of UK athletics we’re still talking about kids or young people and I believe KSR has a responsibility to protect their rights. Lets build UK athletics and not become tabloid fodder. Thank you for listening.

4. I agree
    9:57 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

This site is on a rapid decline. There are too many morons writing for this site.

5. Not Dale McMillen
    10:07 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

3. Jerry Tipton, is that you? Lighten up dude

6. Lighten Up
    10:08 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

Not sure what is wrong with these other people, but I look forward to the aUKward Fan Photo of the week! We can laugh at ourselves while we are also laughing at other teams and fans! And inappropriate? Are you serious? It’s a college age guy checking out a college age girl! Get over yourself and laugh! And if you don’t like it, don’t visit the site!!!

7. jaaaayyyyyyy
    10:09 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

I disagree with the above comments, and thought it was quite a good post. I don’t think there is anything that any young kid would be unduly influenced by. If the young kid is spending any time at all looking on the internet, then this for one is not offensive at all.

There are posts and regular updates that I don’t particularly care for, and I just scroll by them and go on to something I’m more interested in.

I don’t think the tone of this site has changed at all generally, and I’ve been here since the very early months of KSR.

8. Michael
    10:15 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

Frankly, this IS old school KSR. No more inappropriate than 40 % of Drew’s posts. People need to get a grip.

9. Look at Me!
    10:16 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

Hey how about this guy for DC next year? Can’t hurt to give him a chance, we can’t be any worse than we are this year: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/magazine/09/12/daron-roberts-west-virginia/index.html?xid=cnnbin

10. JRoss
    10:18 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

I actually prefer the fodder this time of year. Football is not looking so great right now & we’re all killing time ’til basketball season begins anyway. So bring on some feathered mullets, whale’s tails, & UK belly shirts between now & November! GO CATS!

11. Sowhat
    10:19 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

Its a blog i expect to see something inappropriate. Thats one reason I come here.

12. Orangello
    10:33 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

I look forward to the aUKward fan photo each week. I guess i’m “inappropriate”, too. I can’t believe you didn’t commit on the midget cheerleader in the bottom right hand corner. Sorry, i mean, little person.

13. Ridiculous
    10:34 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

Seriously, anyone who was a problem with this post is ridiculous. For real, there is nothing abouth this post that should offend anyone. Is he even really checkin out the chherleader’s booty? Hard to tell. But if reading these posts is the worst part of you week, here’s some advice: STOP READING THEM. Get a grip people, its all in good fun. Who are you to judge the works of people that you could probably come no where close to any comparison.I actually enjoy the aUKward photos, mine to just way too bad to be open to public opinion. Keep at it.

14. FedUp
    10:46 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

Where did the $7 million for soccer come from? (football?) I have never seen a person that would give that much money and not want people to know who gave it.

15. rocko
    11:02 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

Hey dale u r a ul fan hating im sure u posted the i agree coment also real hard to catch on get a louisville blog and shape that beard

16. Shelby County
    11:14 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

Flener is the man. He’s old school KSR and I love it.

17. Older Brother
    11:26 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

Yeah number 12 the so called midget would be my little sister. She is short but no little person. Plus she has enough hardware from 4 years of cheerleading she should be set on gold for a while. 3 national title rings and 3 gold medals. But people should lay off Mr. Flener. His stuff is good. Been reading it since about first grade. Keep it up man.

18. goodygoody2blues
    11:31 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

11 – with you. if readers want sterile, safe and PC, read coachcal.com.. very informative and very controlled. thanks KSR for being what you do.

19. bearded clam
    11:33 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

does the carpet match the drapes

20. bob
    11:34 pm September 12, 2012 Permalink

If you come to a site that proclaims to present UK news in the “most ridiculous manner possible”, and then complain about something ridiculous, then you just might be an idiot.

21. Cooter92
    3:41 am September 13, 2012 Permalink

I bet Dykes is wanting to look up so effin bad!!!

22. Pabloco
    7:57 am September 13, 2012 Permalink

I don’t think the content of the site is inappropriate. This particular column, however, is bad. Try something else. Not funny, moderately awkward.

23. Poco Chang
    8:05 am September 13, 2012 Permalink

Why does the girl at the lower right look exactly like the girl being scoped?

24. bluefan
    8:23 am September 13, 2012 Permalink

Well done, Mr. Flener!

25. Rockfield, KY
    8:31 am September 13, 2012 Permalink

I think we need to give SexnNursinHomes a daily post. Talk about inappropriate. You crybabies would have a heart attack over his work.

26. Everyone
    8:31 am September 13, 2012 Permalink

For the love of God..Stop these posts!!!! Awful

27. Jimmy Dykes
    8:40 am September 13, 2012 Permalink

Ya gotta “clip the hip”!

28. RealCatsFan
    8:51 am September 13, 2012 Permalink

Never mind his left hand, where EXACTLY is his right hand going in this picture? :-O

29. Riggs
    9:03 am September 13, 2012 Permalink

Dance team Karen Sypher got her a good peek.

30. Meghan
    10:04 am September 13, 2012 Permalink

I think this Tim character looks like a fun guy, and Paul is a great friend for preserving this moment for us all to enjoy. The most awkward (& inappropriate) part of this photo is Billy Clyde’s position under a cheerleader & over our basketball team.

31. Pu
    10:28 am September 13, 2012 Permalink

There are people offended by this?! First it’s the Hail Saban t-shirt and now this? Our country is turning into a bunch of pussies! Lighten up, people. and while I’m at it, kids sports SHOULD keep score! Whoever thought we shouldn’t teach our kids to be competetive and that sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, needs to be put away. kids get trophies for participating now!! WTF?!?!

32. bluebloodtoo
    10:37 am September 13, 2012 Permalink

#23- the faces look similar for sure, but the girl on dykes’s shoulders has long hair and the girl lower left has shoulder length hair. Not the same girl.

33. bluebloodtoo
    10:38 am September 13, 2012 Permalink

Correction- 2ND girl is lower right.

34. DIORIOS PIZZA
    10:47 am September 13, 2012 Permalink

The only Cheerleaders “Butt” Matt Jones is concerned about has as much hair on it as the MALE Cheerleaders face….
    UK-WKU Matt Man Meat Pizza Specials!!

35. Wondering....
    10:57 am September 13, 2012 Permalink

Um…. KSR is and always should be as stated at the top of the page “most ridiculous manner possible” Thats is a funny picture and so are the others. If you cant get it maybe you need to renew your subcription to a newspaper I will not name. thatsthepointdummies

36. V. Chase
    11:37 am September 13, 2012 Permalink

I’m pleased to see the Entourage reference – whether intentional or not – from one of my favorite episodes. “KSR readers, if I told you I had this picture coming for you after the jump, might that be something you’d be interested in?”

Keep up the good work.

V. Chase

37. Jimmy Dykes
    12:33 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

That’s not me.

38. Jimmy Dykes
    12:35 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

I’m much taller than your average male cheerleader

39. Big Al.
    1:26 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

3-Lighten up…Ever hear “most rediculous manner possible”!

40. bluristhurr
    1:39 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

#31 You’re right. Can’t say much of anything, the country wants us to be all the same and life doesn’t work that way.

41. ukfan
    2:03 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

The first edition to this post was absolutely hysterical! however, the latest two posts were not in the least bit funny. We need to find more fat kids posting in velcro strap on shoes with Kentucky football jerseys I guess. But Aaron, you need to either stop writing these posts or just be patient and wait for that perfect picture to come along.

42. Slappy
    3:23 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

The picture would be more awkward of he wasn’t checking out her butt.

43. Don't get it
    4:10 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

don’t get why dudes check out poop holes.