Athlon Has One Smart Writer

Three out of four writers at Athlon Sports didn’t have their car seats used properly as children. They have picked WKU over your Kentucky Wildcats on Saturday in Commonwealth.

*Something called a Braden Gall picked the Toppers 21-17. Dumb.

*Steven Lassan picked the Big Red blob 24-20. Dumber.

*David Fox picked WKU over UK 14-10. Dumbest.

Mitch Light, a man of great talent and foresight, picked UK 20-10.  All you guys and girls tailgating Saturday, I encourage you to honor this man by referring to your beverages as Mitch Lights.

I believe the athleticism and offensive firepower of the Cayts will prove too much for the less hated in state red and white team. I’m taking the Cats. 35-17.

What are your score predictions for Saturday?

@AFlenerKSR

Article written by Aaron Flener

John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

43 Comments for Athlon Has One Smart Writer

1. BHFanatic
    12:09 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

21-20

2. UK Wildcat
    12:09 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

HOW DARE THEY SUGGEST WE LOSE TO A TEAM WE BARELY BEAT LAST YEAR.

3. Common Sense
    12:10 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

WKU is a respectable team and they have an up-and-coming coach, but I honestly cannot see them beating us. UK 31-17

4. B-Rabbit
    12:13 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

14-31 UK. We’re gonna win by 17 biggins.
    I also predict Willie Taggart will be the next victim of the Foot Stabber.

5. Dear IU and UL, We are National Champs; you are not. The end.
    12:13 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

I hate to say it, but if UK loses this one, Joker is gone. Might as well hire someone and start the transition mid season. Forfeit all our games and just practice a new system the whole year.

6. Miss Nomer
    12:14 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

Mitch and I were in the same class at Vandy just so you know.

7. UK Snuggie
    12:14 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

UK is not putting 35 up on the Hilltoppers. It’ll be 24-17 UK.

8. Brow Down
    12:16 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

5 – Then why did you say it? You hated to say it….yet you said it and elaborated on it….

9. Chas
    12:21 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

Joker should be gone regardless. He was the coach-in-waiting and was supposed to maintain what Rich built at the very least, not go backwards….

Let’s “Be all we can be” and hire a real coach!

10. AD's Uni
    12:28 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

31-21 Blue

11. TheDecker
    12:30 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

It’s sad and shows the steady decline of our football program when we’re even having this conservation. It’ll be close but think we edge it out….24-20

12. TheDecker
    12:31 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

conversation

13. Dave
    12:35 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

Ignorant blog.

Picking WKU as an underdog pick is logical, and doing so doesn’t make someone “dumb” or “dumber”.

14. schwing
    12:37 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

uh, those predictions aren’t all that dumb.

15. MemphisCat
    12:41 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

UK 28 – WKU 21

16. Sarcasm
    12:45 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

13 and 14, have we ever met? My name is sarcasm and sometimes people use me to make jokes. Not that Aaron doesn’t believe that UK will win bc I’m sure he does, but calling these guys dumb was just a little humor on the writer’s part. And if you don’t think it was funny, thanks for your comment anyway, KSR appreciates the clicks.

17. Max E. Beasley
    12:46 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

Cats 28 …. WKU 14

18. Tosis
    1:11 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

Seriously, my man. Go easy on that enter key between lines.

19. Mad Tex
    1:17 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

UK will win 42-20.

20. Blueneck
    1:22 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

Look, writers love to pick upsets of BCS teams by non-BCS teams. Since it happens so rarely they jump on it when Vegas shows a close game.

But why are the scores so low? Do they realize UK is now in no huddle mode?

If Taggart does win, does he become the next UK coach? He has done a good job a WKU.

21. Avid KSR reader that is a WKU student
    1:23 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

Have you seen a WKU game!? They are way underated, and this is very ignorant. Way to call someone dumb when they don’t pick your team. WKU will win this 30 to 27, if not by more..

22. The Dark Lord
    1:27 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

16 – i got an empty seat next to me with your name on it.

23. ChristopherBerman
    1:35 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

I think it will be a high scoring game but a good close game. Battle of the offenses vs mediocre defenses. UK 34-33

24. Stirring the pot
    1:41 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

35-17 UK? Alabama put up 35 on WKU and you think UK will? To be honest, I believe this one belongs to the Hilltoppers. They beat themselves last year with a terrible passing game and their QB has apparently figured out how to hold a football this year. I’m taking WKU 28-17

25. Stirring the pot
    1:45 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

20 – also, no way Taggart leaves WKU for UK? I’m not saying he won’t leave WKU, but it will be bigger and better things. As far as I’m concerned, SEC or not, leaving WKU for UK would be a downgrade.

26. bobby Petrino
    1:54 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

So after Joker manages to lose this game against WKU I definitely get the job next year?

27. btowncatfan
    1:55 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

26. No

28. Green River 46
    2:08 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

It might be an upset if the cats win. Joker goes for field goal on the twenty yard line, on 4th and one, and misses.

29. Irony
    2:30 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

21 way to call someone ignorant when your post is dumb. do you seriously think Aaron thinks they are dumb for not picking UK, or do you realize he is just kidding around? This site’s specialty is bringing news in the “most ridiculous manner possible”, get a clue.

30. Musehobo
    2:33 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

I would understand all these upset picks more if we were just coming off the UL loss. But after the thumping we just put on Kent State, this seems misguided.

31. HeyStupid
    2:35 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

25 leaving WKU for UK is only a downgrade if you don’t like money. Joker makes more than twice what Taggart makes, and who wouldn’t want to double their salary? Esp to come to beautiful Lexington. I’m not saying it’s happening, I’m just saying that your statement of a downgrade is laughable.

32. barn
    2:54 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

this game will not be a cakewalk. wku is coming off that 35-0 arse whuppin from bama and will be doing their best to make a better showing against the next sec team. i’m not really impressed with our team at this point just because we beat a middle of the pack mac team like kent state.

33. cats11
    3:08 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

16. That wasn’t sarcasm. Wasn’t funny either.

34. tooblueforyou
    3:08 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

I would say thinking WKU could win Saturday is less of a reach than anyone picking us to beat U of L a couple weeks ago.

35. UKfansNKY
    3:14 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

27 – 13 CATS!!!

36. realistic
    3:38 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

I constantly hear talk about how UK football has declined. Declined from what? A program that barely makes a pointless bowl game to one that barely misses a pointless bowl game. Joker just needs a few more years and he’ll get the program back to the slightly better than mediocre level that spoiled us. UK football is what it is.

37. tailgater
    3:58 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

Some of the new writers on this site are questionable at best.

38. RYNO
    4:26 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

35) I mostly agree. Don’t see WKU possibly scoring more than 1 TD against even UK’s defense. Two FG is a long-shot because their kicking game is questionable at best. Some of you saying you think WKU has a chance of pulling the upset, please tell me who is going to score for WKU? Jakes has proven he’s a terrible QB. Bobby Rainey, a.k.a. WKU’s entire offense the last 4 years, is no longer in school. Where’s all these points coming from? Kent St offense > WKU offense.

39. WKUFan
    4:32 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

38 – As a WKU fan I am a lot more confident in Jakes’ arm this season. Also, I know a versatile runner like Rainey is hard to replace, but when you have multiple backs in the line up like Simpson with his power, and Andrews & Allen with there speed, who are all talented backs, mixed in with a veteran O-line, and a frickin tank at fullback you have a strong combination. WKU’s run game is stronger this year than it was last year. Now combine all that with Jakes increasing his passing game, Jack Doyle being one of the best Tight Ends in the country, and a few sure handed recievers returning of the DL from last year, and WKU is going to bring a lot more offensively for Uk than you may think.

40. dhurt51
    4:38 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

I’m picking our Cat’s 17-10 over WKU!!! Max will have a stellar game,I can feel it!!!

41. erniecat
    9:27 pm September 13, 2012 Permalink

#5 Just whst coach do you think we can hire in mid season. How stupid.

42. UK Wildcat
    12:26 am September 16, 2012 Permalink

Aaron Felner is an effing embarrassment. GREAT PREDICTION!!!!!111!! Who in their right mind even let you post on this blog?

43. Dave in Bangkok
    9:21 am September 16, 2012 Permalink

Looks like he was the moron for picking UK.