At least Archie Goodwin did this

The biggest and loudest moment for the Bridgestone Arena crowd followed this monster slam by Archie Goodwin that capped off a 10-0 Wildcats run, which saw the Cats back from a 21-point deficit.

I will watch this over and over again if it means I’ll have a better morning.

Article written by Stuart Hammer

B.S. Broadcast Journalism from the University of Kentucky. @StuartHammerKSR

31 Comments for At least Archie Goodwin did this

1. surething
    11:31 am March 16, 2013 Permalink

he also re-tweeted this video clip of his own accomplishments. I re-tweeted the box score…

2. Young
    11:36 am March 16, 2013 Permalink

Hopefully for he last time in a UK jersey!

3. who cares
    11:42 am March 16, 2013 Permalink

Please don’t post this crap. I know you guys are having a hard time finding something to write about (thats why at noon there are only two posts) but who wants to watch a standard dunk from a blow out. I hope we get some really awesome post’s from mrs. Tyler later about the hot dogs in nashville. This team is actually really funny, I am enjoying this train wreck because I am an adult and won’t cry about it. Even though I want to. I swear if Indiana wins and that prick crean backs his way into a championship I will then implode.

4. Mike
    11:45 am March 16, 2013 Permalink

Sorry Archie….just a little too late for the show boating. You showed some flashes but never wanted to accept coaching or stay within team framwork and were totally out of control most of the time. Best of luck next year, but we will all be left with “what if” you guys were able to drink the kool aid and do the jobs you were rated to do but lacked the will.

5. Han
    11:46 am March 16, 2013 Permalink

Would you haters please crawl back into whatever hole you sleep in, please?

6. What?
    11:47 am March 16, 2013 Permalink

Stupid article. Come to Nashville and see how exciting your stupid article is to 20000 of the bbn!

7. Haters suck......
    11:52 am March 16, 2013 Permalink

agree with #5, some of you people are pathetic. bashing 18 year old freshmen out of HS. lol its a down year and next year is going to be dominance. its either the trolls or fair weather fans bashing these guys, and next year they will be claiming how supportive they are of the team. GTFO, people like you could do any better.

8. BG cat fan
    11:52 am March 16, 2013 Permalink

With all the talent on this team, it was overlooked that only Goodwin had super speed. That kept us from running and getting the turnovers we needed.

9. jim jim
    11:53 am March 16, 2013 Permalink

So what, we still got hammered.

10. Our Defense
    11:53 am March 16, 2013 Permalink

Was that me that Vandy was playing on that play. It sure looked like me.

11. who cares
    11:53 am March 16, 2013 Permalink

Archie is not really a problem. I hope he comes back, his sophmore season should be really good around other good players. Willie and hell even Kyle are good players to have on a team. Alex has been a no show, Just kinda takes up space. This team just has not had the talent to do anything. Nerlens Played with heart. I remember these kids talking about winning it all last March, May like it was going to just be handed to them and playing for uk meant they were god’s gift. I bet the new guys coming next year are taking notice. This may end up being a good thing, Cal will be different and the guys coming in will have a good mindset.

12. AMIRITE
    11:54 am March 16, 2013 Permalink

god you people being nasty to the players really need to step back and look at your lives. they. are. kids. ya know, with feelings and emotions and eyes that read this website. treat them like garbage and no recruit will want to come be part of that. this program isn’t as infallible as you think it is. you deserve nothing.

13. This Is It..
    11:55 am March 16, 2013 Permalink

#4…An entire seasons worth with Archie..This is on Cal though for letting it go on…

14. Artdawkins
    11:56 am March 16, 2013 Permalink

This video exemplifies the uofl fanbase http://youtu.be/xrxjHPdYfAk

15. Mike
    11:58 am March 16, 2013 Permalink

Cal certainly can’t escape culpability for the dismal performance this year but am sure it will be tearing him up inside to have to invite these losers to his house tomorrow for selection show.

16. bung
    11:59 am March 16, 2013 Permalink

hood ran the baseline ready for the pass and layup….course archie didn’t pass but it was a good fast break…

17. who cares
    12:00 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

12 shut up, Please don’t bash the little KIDS…no recruit will come. This is all white noise. shut up and let people TALK. If they are good then great if they suck then they suck. It’s out of any fans control who wins but looking at garbage and calling it ok is just dumb. This team sucks and kentucky usually shows better, its a down year and yes I will cheer next year if we are good and call them garbage if they suck. I guess I am mean!!

18. bung
    12:04 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

you don’t have to be fast to run the fast break…archie was @ 3/4 speed and jon, willie and mays beat him down the court looking for the pass option from him…he took it on in but that was a good break…

19. Chicago Chris
    12:05 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

I really wonder what how the BBN is going to feel about a one-and-done who was part of an exceptionally bad team, Noel excepted. Will they be embraced or seen as sort of an Orton-like orphan?

20. TampaCat
    12:06 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Nice dunk but I would trade Vandy for the win!

21. JDS
    12:43 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

All I’m going to say is, I’m hoping Archie will go pro. Please,Please,Please, go pro.

22. Hey 17
    12:43 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

You suck. You are garbage…. Wow, that does feel better.

23. Katdaddy
    12:43 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Hope he’s gone next year. he’s pethetic.

24. Katdaddy
    12:52 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

#15 NIT selection show! $5 million a year! I know he pulled this program from the grave. But still this year sucked.

25. Bob
    1:00 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

That is not a monster dunk.

26. brain
    1:13 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

So what? The team got drilled. There are no highlights when you suck that bad.

27. IU Fan
    1:17 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

I love to lurk and sleep with my MOM. I love you mommie.

28. gottodoit
    1:17 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

I think everyone on the team should transfer, all recruits de-commit and the coaching staff look elsewhere just to get away from the utter stupidity of Kentucky fans.

You people are, well, words don’t come right now.

Go Forever Big Blue!

29. Mc
    3:39 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

Cal didn’t have a bench and I’m sure was a little surprised when everyone left last year. It was a down recruiting class, we aren’t very athletic, can’t shoot consistently or create our own shots, and when Noel got hurt the depth problem was more evident. It is what it is. Next season we have size and players that will play and guard multiple positions. Also don’t think depth will be an issue. It was just one of those years. There are about 20 teams I think we’re better than but since the conference struggled it reflected on us. Still enjoyed rooting for them.

30. Expensive Tickets
    6:37 pm March 16, 2013 Permalink

I want my money back for my tickets…….I knew I should have stayed home.

31. always next year
    3:14 pm March 17, 2013 Permalink

This program lost all of their best players last year. I can’t imagine how tough it was for these young guys to try to fill the shoes of last years team. The pressure would be too much for most. these guys are human beings, young human beings who have a TON of growing to do. this year sucked, let it go and go make some love to someone and get ready for next year.