Archie drops on Chad Ford’s latest Big Board

archie-goodwin

Nerlens Noel still sits atop ESPN’s Chad Ford’s latest NBA Big Board of draft prospects, but the other Cat in the draft is slipping. Ford ranks Archie Goodwin at #31, nine spots down from where he was when the board was updated a few weeks ago.

A week ago, Ford told the Herald-Leader that Archie’s stock was slipping because of GM’s concerns about his jump shot and lack of strength in the lane. Of the four UK freshman who contemplated going to the draft, Ford said that GMs and scouts thought he needed another year of college the most.

On the other hand, Ford says that so far, only two players in his Top 30 prospects are returning to school: Willie Cauley-Stein and Alex Poythress. Wait…I thought Calipari was supposed to be against all that?

Just make them swallow they feet, Archie.

43 Comments for Archie drops on Chad Ford’s latest Big Board

1. smh
    2:02 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

After the draft you will never hear about him again.

2. smh
    2:06 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

dead link

3. Daniel Orton
    2:11 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Don’t listen to ’em Archie. You’re ready! Trust me….I know when someone’s ready for the NBA.

4. How is he that high?
    2:12 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

I’d draft A’dia over him

5. lol
    2:14 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

“make them swallow they feet” lol hahaha

6. Beatle Bum
    2:15 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Hate seeing our guys make bad decisions. Wish Archie had returned. Hope he proves everyone wrong.

7. Shut up
    2:17 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Some of you people are pathetic. Just leave the kid alone. He made his decision with God knows how much pressure coming from all sides. Who knows how much his family needs the $ and some of you judge him like you know his situation. A real fan will cheer him on and hopes he proves the doubters wrong.

8. GMs
    2:19 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

We GMs are right. Archie wasn’t ready. He should have come back for two more years.

9. Rockfield, KY
    2:23 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

I thought if he had stuck around a couple more years that he could have been a Kemba Walker type player and ended up with a ring or two. I hope he does well anyway and is a good representative for our program, even though I have my doubts at times.

10. Random
    2:24 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

These are the same fans that will be loving him if he develops into a solid-very good NBA player. And I do believe he will spend some time in the D-League (So do many players) but will develop into a solid contributor in the NBA.

11. 7
    2:26 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

7 some of us are just realistic.

12. Musehobo
    2:26 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

@ShutUp…You are right. Thanks for speaking up. These fans trashing Archie make us look like selfish jerks. Our fanbase is better than this.

13. Jumped 2 Quick
    2:27 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Another year of education and working on his jump shit would have really helped this kid. Archie’s immaturity shows as he responds to the immaturity being thrown at him. His life his decisions hope he makes it but if he doesn’t he’ll have to live with it. Lay off the kid at least writing him on twitter anyway.

14. Jumped 2 Quick
    2:27 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Shot my bad lol

15. Shut up
    2:31 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

That’s fine to be realistic but I swear some of our idiot fans want him to fail to “teach him a lesson” for leaving their beloved cayuts. I personally don’t think he made the right decision, but I’m not gonna bash him either. If my family begged me to go to get them out of poverty then hell yes I’m going. Not saying that’s the case with him, but we have no idea.

16. RealCatsFan
    2:32 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Hate to see this, but most of us saw it coming. I hope he keeps his promise to the team and completes his course work, or the Cats could be dealt another blow on the APR.

17. Teachable Mo'
    2:34 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

“A crocodile don’t hunt/Him’s victims/ They hunts him/ All he do is/ Open he jaws.”

by Ishmael Reed

18. Michael F. Jox
    2:34 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

#15 – And some of us fans are just happy to see him go. No one has littered Rupp with more bricks than this young man.

19. Bob
    2:35 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

@Shut Up you need to follow your own advice.

20. Shut up
    2:38 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Clearly some of our fans can’t appreciate a kid that works his ass off every time he’s on the court. His decision making wasn’t great, sure, as is the case with most freshman. But you can never question his motor. I’ll miss that.

21. Shut up
    2:39 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Sorry to offend you, Bob. Feel free to go back to being a douche and bashing 18 year old kids.

22. Smiley Pete
    2:42 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

@15 Like you said, there is no indication that is the case. It’s just a fabricated talking point that has no evidence to back it up. If his family does need him to go, that’s an honorable reason, but if there’s no evidence that was asked of him, we shouldn’t use it as a stock response to any criticism

23. Compton mulingnan
    2:45 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Swallow they feet as you ease in to the d league via the 2nd round. Mark

24. Shut up
    2:47 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Definitely not saying we can’t criticize the decision. It’s obviously a questionable decision. I just don’t get the bashing of the kid. If any of you have gone through this process before, bash away.

25. Boogie
    2:53 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

@ShutUp you sound like that guy/girl under the covers defending brittney spears a few years ago… “LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!”

26. Shut up
    3:00 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

@Boogie So you get youtube in your trailer, huh? Or did you go to the public library to see that clip?

27. Chad Ford
    3:12 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Translation I dropped him on the big board cause his jumpshot is emBURRRRRRRassing

28. rickshelton
    3:35 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Good luck, Archie. Thanks for wearing the blue and white. Keep working hard and enjoy the ride.

29. Boogie
    4:44 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

uhhh….yea man…I guess that was funny?

30. Tim Kathlina
    4:52 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Archie stock was guaranteed to drop once kids who did well in the NCAA started declaring for the draft. Archie is a hard worker; he is making the road very difficult, but he will land on his feet, somewhere in the world.

31. Marcus L. Owens
    4:58 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

He has not even worked out for any teams yet. This is all fluff, info to keep readers tuned in. Archie will have his chance to improve his current postition when competes against some of the other players. He’s 6’5 with 6’10 wing span, 40 inch verticle, abibity to create his own shot, from Kentucky (the biggest stage with the most pressure in America) Archie will have a chance at the 1st round. It not over, its only the beginning.

32. Bluetruth
    5:20 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

#20 Our fans CAN and DO appreciate hard work on the court. Archie just never showed it with his selfishness. He refused to listen to Coach Cal. And couldn’t be a team player. That’s not hard work nor should be appreciated. Archie’s so called “career” will last as long as a squeaky fart.

33. Jeff
    5:37 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Archie will end up in Toyoko.

34. wiggins
    5:47 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

how will this affect the wiggins recruitment

35. Gap Tooth Danny
    6:44 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

to paraphrase BCG, “This isn’t the University of Archie Goodwin”. I wouldn’t DREAM of bashing Archie, I don’t know all of the factors that he considered before declaring. My opinion is, he should have stayed and developed his overall game. If Cal can’t make a player out of him, what NBA coach can?

36. Steady
    7:05 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Archie who?

37. brain
    7:24 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Good showing between now and the draft and he can move into the 20’s.

38. maddogmitchell55
    9:01 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

It’s a shame that there are so many fans who feel the way they do about one of UK’s players. If Archie does get drafted in the first round, if he does wind up making the all-rookie team, if he does wind up being an all-star one day or wind up winning the slam dunk title all of these “fans” will be the first ones in line to crow about the success of another UK player. Will any of these things happen? No one without a crystal ball can say for sure. But, if any of theses things do happen, the hypocrites on here will be hootin and hollerin all day long bragging up another accomplishment by a UK player.

39. Archie's Feets Fettish
    9:52 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Can’t believes we ranked that high!

40. shut up
    1:33 am April 17, 2013 Permalink

Careful, Maddog. I’d hate for you to get made fun of for defending one of our own.
    I really wish some of our “fans” would chose another team. Plenty of room on the ul bandwagon.

41. Wildcatsteeler
    3:50 am April 17, 2013 Permalink

Situations like this point out the dbags of BBN like nothing else. Total scumbags hoping he doesn’t get drafted 1st round simply so they can say “I told you so.” I hate these “so called” fans more than U of L fans. Way more. Sadly its a big part of redneck, ignorant, racist, rightwing BBN. And all those 4 things make me hate them that much more.

42. maddogmitchell55
    4:34 am April 17, 2013 Permalink

41 Wildcatsteeler – A person can be a redneck without being a racist. So can a rightwinger. I would know because I am a redneck and most of my views do lean to the right, but I am not a racist.

43. Comeonman!
    7:41 am April 17, 2013 Permalink

I mean come on, is anyone really shocked that he’s dropped more in the draft rankings? Best of luck to him. This isn’t a surprise.