Archie Goodwin: “They better put us in there”

Archie Goodwin fielded a question from Kyle Tucker in the post-game interviews about Kentucky’s NCAA tournament chances. Goodwin answered, “I think we’re in it. I don’t know what those committee guys are thinking about, but they better put us in there.”

Goodwin also said that he is looking forward to the SEC tournament so that this team can continue “making some more statements, just to show that this game wasn’t a fluke.”

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

21 Comments for Archie Goodwin: “They better put us in there”

1. Ridge Runner
    3:41 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Tell’em Arch!

2. Mike
    3:42 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Archie….when do u think Wusstjer will rejoin the team?

3. shannon
    3:42 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Hey Archie why don’t you and the Cats just win the SEC Tourney and not take any chances.

4. bankerbh
    3:43 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Now we know. They have been holding back and are waiting for the SEC Tournament to come together and have a streak of meaningful wins. Now, we all know.

5. BigBlue21
    3:44 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Archie has really stepped it up these past 3 games. He played well in Arkansas despite some intense hate from the home fans. He was one of the few who played hard against Georgia. Then he really stepped up with a lot of key plays vs Florida. It’s good to see him streaking upwards for a change.

6. Han
    3:45 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Make sure they can’t and go out there and win 3 at the SEC Tourney, Archie. Hit your foul shots, avoid charging, and make your layups. It’s that simple for you. Equally simple for your teammates.

Do your job.

7. Ridge Runner
    3:45 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

5, agreed. But even when he was a turnover machine earlier –the kid hustled, and now he’s more in control with it. I think he could draw a foul whenever he wanted to on most plays.

8. Pay Attention to Me!
    3:45 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Mike-Is there anyone more pathetic than you? Answer: NO. You really have nothing to say do you? Do us all a favor and retreat to your basement room.

9. Mike
    3:47 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

I made up the nickname Wusstjer. Is that not really funny? Please give me credit.I need attention so bad!

10. Mike
    3:47 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

I like to demean others on a message board. How is that working out for me?

11. B-man
    3:53 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Weird…on a different post I simply tried to give Alex props for a near double-double (more importantly, 12 boards), but I guess it was removed. Anyway, great job Cats!!!

12. Go Cats
    3:57 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Go Archie…stepped up today!

13. Mike
    4:01 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

I wish Kyle Wusstjer would roll around in pile of hot used tampons.

14. Roland
    4:03 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Archie, I loved your commit to UK but Archie,
    why did you leave it up to someone else to decide your (and the teams) future?
    U did good today, but without your season play, UK is not in this position.

15. AppyCat
    4:56 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Archie has shown a lot better effort lately and looks like he finally understands the importance of getting back down the court after a miscue. However, he is still forcing the issue three to four times a game. When he does this is gets no strength into the shot and usually ends up on the deck. A little more self control would benefit him. Great win today. Go Cats!

16. Michael
    4:58 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

I am so proud of how Uk “as a team” played today. That is what the fans want to see. If you give it all your heart and play with passion, fans will love this team regardless if they win or lose. But, if they play this way, this team is going to win more games. I just wanted to say “thank you” to all the players for playing with “heart and passion” and representing UK and the BBN!!!!! A big “thank you” to Coach Cal for not giving up on this team!!!

17. mudcreekmark
    5:05 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Archie is sounding like a spoiled kid thinking that everyone owes him something. The NCAA doesn’t owe UK anything. We brought this on ourselves by playing like shit all year. Now we win one game at home and he sounds like that will wipe out the other really bad games. We lose to Georgia by double figures, we lose to Arkansas by double figures, we get beat by Tennessee by 30. Truth is, we just haven’t beaten anyone this year. We still have to play like we have to win the SEC tourney to get in. Thinking the NCAA will put us in just because we beat Florida would be a huge mistake.

18. C-A-T-S
    5:06 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

I know this isn’t going to happen but I hope Archie stays for another year. He has been frustrating to watch at times, but now we are all seeing him grow as a player. When Archie plays good he is soooo damn good. There’s a ton of fight in this kid and it has shown over the past few games.

19. mudcreekmark
    5:15 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

18) He made some huge plays today when we needed it most.

20. Bballdoc
    5:54 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Give me Archie or give me death!
    Effort. Archie wants it and he is a winner.

On another note, how bout dem BBN blue hairs. We brought it today. Yeah there’s some gray in Rupp and the blue hairs CARE.

21. G
    9:55 pm March 9, 2013 Permalink

Yeah, this game totally erased the fact that this has barely been a mediocre season. This is not a tournament quality team. Bring on the homer comments, now…