Archie Goodwin is DraftExpress.com’s Prospect of the Week

I don’t mind it if he’s making plays like this.

Archie Goodwin is DraftExpress.com’s Prospect of the Week, meaning he’s the focus of a lot of in-depth analysis and video editing on the website today. Draft Express, the mock draft site with the most faith in Archie, says Goodwin has a good amount of promise and potential due to his NBA-ready athleticism, but his inconsistent perimeter shot is a red flag to NBA personnel. Basically, everything Kentucky fans already know.

However, Draft Express believes Archie could emerge as a steal later in his career if he lands on a team that will be patient with his development. The site currently projects him to go in the first round at No. 17 to the Atlanta Hawks.

Got 15 minutes to kill? Here’s a scouting video:

Article written by Drew Franklin

25 Comments for Archie Goodwin is DraftExpress.com’s Prospect of the Week

1. JaredCarterIsMyHomeboy
    12:14 pm April 25, 2013 Permalink

Archie will be a great pro once he hits the gym and gets his jump shot ready. Might take 2-3 years but he totally has the skills.

2. RahRah
    12:16 pm April 25, 2013 Permalink

Best wishes, Buddy. Burrrrr….

3. They foot in them mouths
    12:17 pm April 25, 2013 Permalink

I wish him the best, just hope Rex Ryan doesn’t switch to NBA. He’d love Archie’s foot in mouth reference.

4. Mr. Art Vandelay
    12:19 pm April 25, 2013 Permalink

I think he has a shot. What more can a guy ask for? Go out and prove yourself young fella.

5. NBA league pass
    12:21 pm April 25, 2013 Permalink

inconsistent jump shot to say the least.

in the NBA, a 2 guard has to be able to CAN open jumpers. He has a long way to go.

6. archie
    12:26 pm April 25, 2013 Permalink

I will get this thing down in a couple of years. Give me time. I just wish things had worked out better here at UK.

7. Michael F. Jox
    12:37 pm April 25, 2013 Permalink

#6 – We all do, Archie, we all do

8. Justin
    12:38 pm April 25, 2013 Permalink

The Hawks lack shooters outside of korver. So Goodwin to Atlanta doesnt seem likely. He fits better in Milwaukee, NY, or the Thunder. He most likely will take on a DeAndre Liggins role early on as a defensive go to guy. But the weaknesses in the video are everything a shooting guard is supposed to do.

9. Justin
    12:39 pm April 25, 2013 Permalink

I forgot Jenkins ^^^

10. DoubleZeroMostel
    12:39 pm April 25, 2013 Permalink

I watch this and all I can think of is how many times I yelled “Pass the damn ball Archie!” at my TV this year.

11. Michael F. Jox
    12:42 pm April 25, 2013 Permalink

The “I did everything I could do at UK” comment has to make you wonder. I know he’s a kid, but that’s either a poorly thought out statement, or he actually believes it. And if it’s the latter, then his mentalitly is nowhere close to where it needs to be for him to be successful at the next level.

12. wldctky
    12:45 pm April 25, 2013 Permalink

1st round? wow…there are a lot better players then him in the D- league

13. Boogie
    12:53 pm April 25, 2013 Permalink

You really have to watch every single game to understand Archie Goodiwn. That highlight tape is very impressive. You can’t teach wingspan/speed/jumping ability. You can learn to make the right plays, you can practice jumpshots. He has intangibles you just can’t teach. I hope he gets the mentality

14. My source says
    1:00 pm April 25, 2013 Permalink

He will get drafted in the first round by the Bulls. Would be a nice project for a team that needs a 2 guard.

15. sunnycat
    1:01 pm April 25, 2013 Permalink

#8 Archie IS NOT a defensive stopper and should never be compared to Liggins who was a BEAST on D.

16. sunnycat
    1:05 pm April 25, 2013 Permalink

Archie has alot of work ahead of him to say the least. There are better players than Archie that are riding the pine as we speak.

17. Jus Sayin
    1:05 pm April 25, 2013 Permalink

8. Goodwin is not as good offensively and for damn sure not as good defensively as DeAndre Liggins. I think Liggins was even rated higher coming out of high school.

18. cristoforouk
    1:06 pm April 25, 2013 Permalink

8 – That might be true if he could actually play defense. He was not a very good perimeter defender during his 1 year in college. I will be pulling for the kid, especially with his background, but I fear the NBA will eat him up. He would be better off going overseas and improving his game there, while making a bit more money than bouncing around in the D league for 3 years.

19. brain
    1:06 pm April 25, 2013 Permalink

I hope AG goes as high as possible and has a great NBA career.

20. ILCatsFan
    1:08 pm April 25, 2013 Permalink

I’ll keep my 15 minutes, thank you!

21. Chaz
    1:10 pm April 25, 2013 Permalink

Good luck with it all, Archie. Thought you would come back, but then again, I was shocked Bledsoe didn’t return either. It’s working out OK for him.

22. SMH
    1:32 pm April 25, 2013 Permalink

Archie Goodwin: “If any of us were saying we think we should leave, then we’d all be delusional”

Cal (to Archie): “son, you’re not coachable. You refuse to listen to the coaches, and basically, we don’t want you back next year”

Archie Goodwin: “This is something I’ve dreamed about my entire life and I feel like the opportunity is there for me to play at the next level,”

23. cats4eva
    1:52 pm April 25, 2013 Permalink

off topic but any1 know the tunes in that video

24. Justin
    2:30 pm April 25, 2013 Permalink

18- Defense is something that is much easier to transition to the NBA. Either way he wont see enough time on the floor to show if he can do anything. No teams in the NBA are in dire need of a shooting guard.

25. I Say
    2:51 pm April 25, 2013 Permalink

17 Archie was a top 15 player, McDonalds all American and Jordan brand all American. No way Liggins was rated higher out of high school considering he was a billy g recruit. I can’t believe that I watched all 15 minutes of that but I do believe that Archie will be a much better pro than college player (see Harrison Barnes). Having that said I wish nothing but the best for Archie. Prove everyone wrong man.