Archie Goodwin drops to 2nd round in DraftExpress.com’s mock draft

Goodwin_Archie_TV Head 12-13

DraftExpress.com updated its mock draft today and Archie Goodwin finds himself down nine spots from the last version of the mock draft. Goodwin is now projected to go 39th to the Portland Trailblazers, according to Draft Express. The website previously had Goodwin going to the Phoenix Suns with the last pick in the first round.

Nerlens Noel is still No. 1.

Cats.

[DraftExpress.com: 2013 NBA Mock Draft]

Article written by Drew Franklin

25 Comments for Archie Goodwin drops to 2nd round in DraftExpress.com’s mock draft

1. NowIcanDieHappy
    4:38 pm June 3, 2013 Permalink

Slow news day I guess.

2. KEVIN BURTON
    4:42 pm June 3, 2013 Permalink

Make em eat they feet son!!!

3. KEVIN BURTON
    4:42 pm June 3, 2013 Permalink

YEA, EAT THEY FEET!!

4. BravoBigBlue
    4:52 pm June 3, 2013 Permalink

Maybe Archie can take Stevenson’s spot with the Pacers in about 6 – 8 years. Plays just like the guy.

5. Jono
    4:52 pm June 3, 2013 Permalink

I hope Archie impresses in some individual workouts. Otherwise he’ll end up back running errands for Nero Wolfe again.

6. sharad GAVVA
    4:52 pm June 3, 2013 Permalink

I be maken em eat dey feet

7. Jaw Jackson
    4:52 pm June 3, 2013 Permalink

James Young season highlights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SFfyIdTKjs

8. No Way
    4:54 pm June 3, 2013 Permalink

Surprise?

9. Delusional
    4:56 pm June 3, 2013 Permalink

Delusional

10. Wow
    5:01 pm June 3, 2013 Permalink

Shocker…no one needs a guard that wouldn’t start on this year’s UK team so he left for the NBA. LOL…the most selfish player we’ve had since Roderick Rhodes.

11. AMIRITE
    5:18 pm June 3, 2013 Permalink

eatfeet.com

12. Jughead
    5:27 pm June 3, 2013 Permalink

He’s 18—could be a nice grab in the 2nd round. A gamble for the 1st.

13. GoCats2
    5:32 pm June 3, 2013 Permalink

Ridiculous the way people hate on Archie and Alex like this. They were freshmen, yes highly rated but still freshmen. I picture Archie like a Jeff Sheppard type. Jeff Sheppard took a few years and then he led his team to a Championship his Senior year. The expectations we set are way too high. Some players can do it early, some can not. He should be drafted on his potential. The NBA can teach him to shoot. He is worth a late first round or early 2nd round pick easily.

14. Jordan
    5:33 pm June 3, 2013 Permalink

I feel bad for Archie. I wish him the best. That being said I think it’s going to be really hard to keep young out of the starting lineup.

15. bige333
    5:38 pm June 3, 2013 Permalink

He’s a competitor and once he gets a shot he will be trouble.

16. mudcreekmark
    5:54 pm June 3, 2013 Permalink

15) Do you know how many kids in America that can handle the ball better, shoot the ball better,pass the ball better, and has a much higher basketball I.Q. than Archie? There are a bunch. There are guards at almost every college in America that has a better skill set than he does. Just because he can run fast and jump high, he has “potential”.NBA teams shouldn’t have to teach a shooting guard how to shoot.The only reason he is even getting drafted at all is because he played at UK. Point blank period.

17. BlueTruth
    6:13 pm June 3, 2013 Permalink

16 – couldn’t put it better myself.

18. Sarah White
    6:28 pm June 3, 2013 Permalink

We love you Archie. Prove them all wrong!

19. Haters
    7:29 pm June 3, 2013 Permalink

You guys need to quit hating on Goodwin so much. If Daniel Orton can go in the first round I don’t see any reason why Archie couldn’t. I know they are totally different positions, so it’s not the greatest comparison, but I think some of you aren’t giving Archie any credit at all. I remember the shooting and turnover problems which most all freshman go through. I also remember Goodwin making some great dunks and having other big games. Kid showed some elite level athleticism, and as long as he is willing to put in the work with the right attitude and doesn’t listen to haters like some of you he should be fine. Who knows why he went pro, could have been financial problems or many other motives, all I know is I’m not going to hate him because he decided to try and make some money especially as weak of a draft class as this year.

20. buzzard
    7:33 pm June 3, 2013 Permalink

You would have to be delusional to think he was ready for the NBA

21. Burly
    7:52 pm June 3, 2013 Permalink

So glad he decided to enter the draft…least favorite player since Rhodes…kid cant shoot a lick.

22. Jay
    11:07 pm June 3, 2013 Permalink

Archie clearly can’t shoot well. He couldn’t guard Elston Turner, how will he guard someone in the NBA?

23. Melvit
    8:50 am June 4, 2013 Permalink

I’ll be surprised if he goes this high.

24. Melvit
    8:53 am June 4, 2013 Permalink

#19 We hate on him because he was one of the players who hi jacked the team and destroyed the season last year. Yes, he had freshman problems and freshmen who have those problems don’t go pro.

25. leftygilmore
    10:08 am June 4, 2013 Permalink

Good luck to Archie. That being sad I agree with #21 and #20. Delusional both you guys and Archie. He is not an NBA player. Should have stayed in school