AP Top-25 released, Kentucky to play five of the Top-10

saban

With the college football season just two weeks away, many are putting the finishing touches on previews, prognostications, and preseason rankings. The most famous of college football rankings, the AP Top-25, was released today and it sees Nick Saban’s Crimson Tide of Alabama atop the list. Ohio State, Oregon, Stanford, and Georgia rounded out the top five. As it tradition, Kentucky will take on one of the nation’s most difficult schedules. In his first season as Kentucky head coach, Mark Stoops will be forced to do battle with #1 Alabama, #5 Georgia, #6 South Carolina, #9 Louisville, and #10 Florida.

The SEC also has two other teams ranked in the poll – 7th ranked Texas A&M and 12th ranked LSU. The entire list can be found by following this link to the AP’s site.

Article written by Jonathan Schuette

17 Comments for AP Top-25 released, Kentucky to play five of the Top-10

1. wildcat
    1:42 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

five losses for kentucky

2. Edit #1
    1:54 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Correction, 5 drubbing routs for kentucky. UofL is the only team of those 5 I see UK staying within 3 TD’s of, and that’s only in the 1st half. Patience people. Gonna be 2 more years before we turn the corner.

3. Brutal, just brutal. I’m not normally in to moral victories, but this schedule is worse than what Pat Dye used to refer to as “Amen Corner” when he was at Auburn. If we can just give the effort in these games, that will have to be enough for this year, although hopefully UL is overrated and maybe we can sneek up on them.

Anyway, GO CATS!!!

4. Inbred Trash
    2:02 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

If I give up that easy, I never own my trailer

5. 2, it could be even longer than that when you see what Vandy is doing (the 1 team we used to almost always beat it seemed) and that UT is biuncing back on the recruiting trail. The SEC just gets tougher every year.

6. Bouncing back…

7. Drew
    2:04 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

I don’t see why everybody is making a big deal out of UKs schedule. It’s like this every year.

8. 4 = UL troll. Kinda funny still.

9. Andy
    2:16 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Tough schedule but who is to say we cannot have an upset or two?

10. Wildcatsteeler
    2:27 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Ridiculous. This is why I’d love to move to the ACC. Much better basketball games and a fighting chance in football.
    I imagine A&M will drop when Johnny Signs Footballs gets suspended.

11. rj
    2:51 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

4. I live in a mobile home in Louisville with my wife and we both work,don’t do drugs, and have our faith in jesus Christ and are UK fans. I feel sorry for you young man, my wife and I will pray for you.

12. We can
    3:07 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

#9 sure we can have an upset….possible against Mizzou, Vandy, MSU or UT. Not against one of those brutes in the top 10. I think we can play UofL close until the emotion runs out in the 3rd Q. Then I fear UofL is gonna pour it on knowing they have such a weak schedule, they will have to beat an SEC team handily to keep their (delusional) BCS hopes alive.

13. J in Orlando
    3:20 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

With that schedule UL would be 5-7

14. J in Orlando
    3:22 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

12 UL is better, but not so much better that they can just pull away at will…their staff knows this, that’s why they scheduled so cowardly

15. Hal
    3:31 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

7- um no. we dont play bama every year and UF, UGA, USC & (especially) UofL are not all in the top 10 every year.

16. Joe
    9:35 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

I feel your pain, BUT…there’s that sweet tasty SEC Channel money. What do you think is upgrading CWS and 2 campus classroom buildings? It ain’t the pop corn sales.

Move to the ACC and suddenly see a TREMENDOUS drop in UKAA income. It’s Football that pays the way, and ACC Football is not going to generate the revenue that SEC Football does.

17. mikeandike
    1:53 pm August 18, 2013 Permalink

14, get your facts straight! Had it not been for the Big East implosion, we would’ve had Boise State, TCU, and San Diego State on the schedule this year. Not our fault the conference blew up and everyone either started their own league or decided not to come. Besides, once we get into the ACC next year, there won’t be anymore “the Cards schedule cream puffs!” Heck, the UK administration are the ones trying to kill the annual rivalry.