Anthony Epps busted for DUI again

Former Kentucky guard Anthony Epps was arrested this morning in Marion County and charged with DUI and reckless driving. Epps was arrested for DUI in October and had his license suspended for 120 days. Epps spent last season as the head coach at Marion County high school and has now resigned from the position.

Full story

Article written by Thomas Beisner

40 Comments for Anthony Epps busted for DUI again

1. RondosDribblingHand
    2:09 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

I live in Marion Co. and I’m just now hearing bout this. What is he thinking? Looks like back to the cooperage for Anthony. What a waste(shame).

2. Anthonyeppsdrivingschool
    2:11 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

Ahhhhh

3. bigbluedude
    2:14 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

what a f’cin idiot. lock him up for a long while and let him think about it

4. Lisa Mac
    2:14 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

Do your drinking at home! And, stay there!

5. Mr Schwump
    2:15 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

AE, need a AA sponsor? Call Tipton.

6. duhville cat
    2:16 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

1) I have a lot of family in MC. Luv that place. My cousin’s daughter plays with AE’s daughter at MCHS. And yes it’s a shame. One of my favorite Cats… Ever.

7. Cats
    2:23 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

Epps and Camara walk into a bar…………who drives home?

8. Charles
    2:23 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

He clearly has a drinking problem and needs to seek help.

9. filbert
    2:24 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

Yelp they got him again,Im from MC myself and just heard about it. This one will cost him! And it’s a damn shame!!!

10. yesterdays
    2:29 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

Jules rides in back. I’d like to see a drinking contest between Jules and Epps. Jules can pound.

11. shane
    2:33 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

Coach cal sends players to the nba. Coach pitino sends players to… well you get it

12. TheVig
    2:39 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

Anthony… when your ready to act like an adult let us know.

13. RondosDribblingHand
    2:39 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

6)Who’s your cousin’s daughter? It isn’t Bre Elder is it? She’s my aunt’s niece. I remember when Anthony helped us to the State title in 93 and then went to UK. He was the king of this county. Kinda sad how getting behind the wheel after drinking is how he’s going to be remembered now.

14. RondosDribblingHand
    2:52 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

9)You’re not a fellow class of ’00 grad like myself are you? The sad thing is that there isn’t much to do in Marion Co. besides drink. Drinking at Cozys, Hawks, and Chasers is the only thing to do in this county on the weekend and that isn’t an excuse for Anthony, but that is the truth. I know many people who’ve gotten DUI’s after leaving one of these places and they go back and do the same thing the next week because that’s all there is to do.

15. Big Blue Streeb
    3:00 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

When did this become a high school reunion?

16. duhville cat
    3:08 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

13) RDH. No her last name is May. David’s (Nickname Cleetus) daughter.
    And I must be gettin old cause I can remember shuttin’ down Club 68 when I was 15yr. If you were big enough to put ur money on the bar u were old enough to drink.

17. RondosDribblingHand
    3:13 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

He couldn’t have done this a few weeks ago where we could of at least had a chance for Rod Rhodes to be our coach.

18. RondosDribblingHand
    3:19 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

16)Yeah, I know David. My parents were the ones who hit up Club 68 and the Horshoe. I’ve heard the stories about those places, but it was before my time. Bickets and 5th Wheel were my party spots.

19. Cat fan in TN
    3:35 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

played against Epps in high school…he was a great player and was always cool to me. Hell of a 3rd baseman in baseball too. Hopefully he gets his act together.

20. siestakeycat
    3:58 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

#15, please fell free to hook up with Beelzebub (Lucifer doesn’t have the time or patience to deal with your ignorant ass), and pick up your one-way ticket to Hell. In other words, dumbass, GO TO HELL!

21. UKGoBigBlue
    4:13 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

Just get him some help.

22. Ummm
    4:37 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

20. If 15’s statement made you so mad that you wish him to burn in hell then you have a serious problem. You oughta get some help with that anger.

23. Terry Tipton
    4:59 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

Maybe he’ll join Clyde’s staff in Lubbock, TX?

24. cornbreadmafiacook
    5:17 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

#19: don’t forget wide-out on the football team.

a neighboring high school coach told me the year that anthony accepted his basketball scholarship that he was making a multi-million dollar mistake, because if he were to concentrate on football he’d play on Sundays

when i said that epps didn’t have a nfl wide-receiver’s speed, he said that a.e. was faster than steve largent w/ the same type hands…i didn’t argue further, ’cause that guy knows a helluva lot more about football than i do

25. Parvenu
    5:21 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

Has anyone ever heard that alcoholism is a disease? Thought I read that somewhere.

26. Jack Frack
    5:22 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

If I remember right Anthony has a tattoo on his shoulder that says “The world is mine.” Maybe it should be changed to “The world WAS mine”.

27. TreyDay
    5:35 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

10> My money is for sure on Jules. Unless Desmond Allison joins them.

28. thisnicknamestinks!
    5:38 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

Dude can take an assistants job at Cordia HS with Rod.

29. Cosmic Wrangler
    6:44 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

Cabs are awesome!

30. RidgeRunner
    7:03 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

Damn…
    🙁

31. RondosDribblingHand
    7:05 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

24)Yea, I always heard Anthony was better at football than basketball. If he was in the NFL right now he would fit right in. Seems like there’s always a football player in trouble and it doesn’t affect them that much career wise. He would be a great Bengal.

32. spookykim
    7:32 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

Maybe the penalties for a DW1 need to be tougher. Seek some serious treatment dude. So sad!

33. bung
    8:21 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

good grief….he was drunk, how was he sposed 2 know better?

34. dan
    8:50 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

matt jones has never gave epps credit for anything, he gives WOO more credit!

35. JohnDoe
    10:31 pm June 18, 2011 Permalink

So will this finally cost him his coaching job? The last time he got suspended for two games…great example for those high school kids. We’ll see what kind of example Marion County wants to set with this decision. He should be fired…quickly, before he embarasses himself or the school anymore than he already has.

36. RondosDribblingHand
    12:36 am June 19, 2011 Permalink

29)Not many cabs here in Marion Co.

37. Just saying
    12:48 pm June 19, 2011 Permalink

I here Gillispie is hiring

38. Coach
    8:45 pm June 19, 2011 Permalink

35: “Epps spent last season as the head coach at Marion County high school and has now resigned from the position.”

Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing.

39. Kenny
    9:34 pm June 19, 2011 Permalink

It’s sad that Epps is in this self brought on situation.
    It’s also sad that some of you put him down. Yes he did wrong.
    But y’all are being holier than thou.
    AE will always be a Cat but more importantly a son, husband and father…
    He is human and needs some help…
    Not your snide comments

40. CvilleWildcat
    7:45 am June 20, 2011 Permalink

Epps had a good thing going. Didn’t have the best of talent on the floor last year but he was able to get the kids to play his system. Resulting in MC being the top seed in the district and eventually district runners up and a birth to Regions. I can only imagine the teams he could have in the next few years after he got some kids out to play. Threw every bit of it away for something stupid.