Anthony Davis really loves pizza but can’t gain weight

anthony-davis-air-jordan-iv-4-military-blue-03

It’s not news that Anthony Davis is skinny. Ever since he arrived in New Orleans, the staff has focused on getting Davis to bulk up his 6’10” frame so he doesn’t get pushed around under the basket. Davis has been doing his part by eating copious amounts of…pizza. Apparently, Davis has picked up a pizza addiction since moving to New Orleans, with his go-to order being a large with double pepperoni and double sausage from Reginelli’s Pizzeria.

Hornets coach Monty Williams says his young star’s fixation is fascinating:

“He eats pizza, man. It’s like if anyone says, ‘P … I’ and then, ‘Pizza,’ he perks up. This dude has this fascination with pizza. It’s unreal.”

Despite eating all the pie he can get his hands on, Davis is faced with a problem a million women would kill for: his metabolism is keeping him from gaining weight. Williams wants Anthony to add fifteen more pounds of muscle through weight training and healthier eating over the offseason to achieve a strong and svelte frame like Blazers forward-center LaMarcus Aldridge.

Less pizza, more protein shakes, Anthony.

[Hornets hope Anthony Davis gains weight on more than just New Orleans specialty pizza]

19 Comments for Anthony Davis really loves pizza but can’t gain weight

1. tdogg40330
    7:13 pm April 5, 2013 Permalink

must be nice, I think I can look at a piece of pizza and gain an lb or 2

2. cartman
    7:15 pm April 5, 2013 Permalink

weight gain 4000 !!!!!!!!!!!!

3. HeavyEater
    7:16 pm April 5, 2013 Permalink

Yet another reason to miss Melvin T. Mel could teach AD a lot about shooting from outside the lane and keeping that weight up. Not dissin’ Mel, he was awesome.

4. Gainweight
    7:18 pm April 5, 2013 Permalink

If pizza doesn’t work then he will just have to find a more calorie intense food. Milkshakes work wonders and you get them from any drive through as well as other sweets that pack a lot of calories. This food will make him fat but that is what it will cost him to gain weight under his condition. I would also suggest cutting back on cardio/bball practice and focus on lifting.

5. Joinno
    7:27 pm April 5, 2013 Permalink

He should try Theo’s pizza on Magazine. It’s better than Reginelli’s. A fixation with bread pudding, which is all over the city, would ensure weight gain.

6. Special Ed
    7:29 pm April 5, 2013 Permalink

Pizza, Yaaay!

7. dubya
    7:32 pm April 5, 2013 Permalink

He needs to follow Dr. Nick’s advice and focus on the neglected food groups such as the whipped group, the congealed group and the chocotastic!

8. JoeC
    7:33 pm April 5, 2013 Permalink

Crap Anthony, I ran cross county from 6th grade all the way up to my junior year of college and have always been naturally skinny with a fast metabolism. I quit running I started lifting last February. I am 6’3″ and weighed 152-153 starting out and in about 5 months I was almost up to 170. The Hornets need to fire their trainers. Every night before bed I made a shake that had about 1,000-1,200 calories in it. It consisted of BSN True Mass, oats, peanut butter, milk, bananas, olive and/or flax seed oil, and sometimes almonds.

9. coolioo1
    7:45 pm April 5, 2013 Permalink

He should be trained by the J-Lorenzo

10. JimboDaniels
    7:49 pm April 5, 2013 Permalink

I feel that.

11. Mark Liptak
    8:00 pm April 5, 2013 Permalink

When I want to gain weight, I eat lots of meat and fibrous veggies. Also I eat corn.

Mark Liptak

12. Mark Liptak
    8:03 pm April 5, 2013 Permalink

Forgot to mention the corn is on the cob. The cob is where the nutrients are.

13. Former College Student
    8:19 pm April 5, 2013 Permalink

If youre 18-19 years old, youre goin to eat some damn pizza..bottom line folks. Love dat pizzapie…

14. Rae
    8:29 pm April 5, 2013 Permalink

He lives in New Orleans. There is no shortage of delicious food, and he is a millionaire. He chooses pizza.

15. Bobbum man
    9:07 pm April 5, 2013 Permalink

Deer antler spray?

16. CatsFanInOhio
    9:25 pm April 5, 2013 Permalink

He needs to go to Kubi’s on Tchopitoulas Street and get a jambalaya pizza…. my go-to during Mardi Gras

17. Han
    9:57 pm April 5, 2013 Permalink

I’ll trade you my 60 pounds of excess weight and crappy metabolism for your extraordinary size, skills, and ridiculous amount of money, Anthony.

18. twnky
    10:51 pm April 5, 2013 Permalink

He’s from Chicago and they have the best pizza no wonder he loves it.

19. Tooth pick in Kentucky
    1:39 pm April 6, 2013 Permalink

I got put on a diet in high school to gain weight. Drank to milkshakes ate a large pizza every night before bed. Ate ungodly amount of high calorie food and lost 5 lbs. now I’m 34 and still at the same weight some of us just will always be toothpicks. Just have to gain strength over mass.