Anthony Davis is Ballin’ With the Fans

He apparently is a dunking machine outside in front of Big Blue Madness campout. The kids are enjoying it (and apparently not in school), as our the fans. Tomorrow night the KSTV crew will be there and hopefully you will be as well. Until then, here is a shot of Anthony taking on the Wildcat faithful:

photo-24 photo-23

Article written by Matt Jones

21 Comments for Anthony Davis is Ballin’ With the Fans

1. workingman
    10:21 pm September 28, 2011 Permalink

He does look a little thicker.

2. IWantToGrowUpToBeTheDrewFranklin
    10:21 pm September 28, 2011 Permalink

He is a monster

3. Adam Schilt Student Intern
    10:24 pm September 28, 2011 Permalink

Lamb, Harrellson, Harrow, and Miller also made appearances. Just couldn’t get great pics with my phone. Also, this guy challenged Davis to one-on-one and got dunked all over. And since Carolina can’t be much better than that guy…

4. Big Blue 66
    10:29 pm September 28, 2011 Permalink

I think these guys do such a good job of being fan oriented without going overboard. Great stuff.

5. SagaciousMind
    10:29 pm September 28, 2011 Permalink

Davis’ throw down off the back board was just nasty, plain nasty!

6. BBN
    10:33 pm September 28, 2011 Permalink

Who is standing over to the right in the top picture? looks like more players.

7. Big Blue 66
    10:34 pm September 28, 2011 Permalink

Hey Matt, any more info on the Missouri to the SEC that you tweeted? And whats the deal with Ohio States frosh being declared ineligible?….I will hang up and listen

8. Adam Schilt Student Intern
    10:36 pm September 28, 2011 Permalink

6) That’s definitely Ryan Harrow and the guy next to him is Miller I think.

9. COBB SALAD
    10:37 pm September 28, 2011 Permalink

I still find myself taking for granted the state of our basketball program. With Gillespie and to a certain extent, Tubby – you NEVER saw the player/fan interaction like this. I truly think Calipari tells (teaches) all these players how to market themselves on and off the court.

10. 1st Down Kentucky
    10:40 pm September 28, 2011 Permalink

Sweet socks on the dude in the top picture. Not!

11. 1st Down Kentucky
    10:42 pm September 28, 2011 Permalink

#9 you are right, BCG would’ve been pumpin a keg with the campers. Tubby would have been snoring at 8:30.

12. Jon w.
    10:52 pm September 28, 2011 Permalink

I am at the camp out and three players are great davis is a beast but some of these campers are CRAZY.. running over ppl for a PRACTICE.. I’m tlkn bout PPPRACTICE .srry allen iverson I couldnt resist

13. GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!
    10:53 pm September 28, 2011 Permalink

I love BASKETBALL!!!! ESPN should be in Lexington right now doing this story. If Duke and UNC had fans like this, it would be all over ESPN.

GO BIG BLUE!!

14. Matt from richmond
    11:04 pm September 28, 2011 Permalink

While this display of dunking and playing around was AWESOME to say the least, the players have been doing this for years! This is my 13th year in a row out here and I have many great memories of all of the players (some more than others ie Bradley and Orbzut) playing pick-up, horse, cornhole, chillin in our tents/campsites, etc. In fact some of the best years were the end of Tubby’s tenure amd Gillespie’s years.Each year brings in new memories, pictures, and experiences with different players that I’ll never forget. And while Calipari does do it MUCH better than the prevoius coaches, the players have always made it worthwhile!

15. JDave
    11:10 pm September 28, 2011 Permalink

Man it looks like a lotta fun down there, I gotta get out of Louisville.

16. UKplayersthebest
    11:10 pm September 28, 2011 Permalink

I am not even at the campout and I get a warm feeling just looking at the fan interaction. Does anyone else feel this way or should I call no homo?

17. Nice socks
    12:58 am September 29, 2011 Permalink

14) I’ve been doing this for 8 years (granted not 13) but Cousins was the first I ever saw play against the fans. Davis is amazing and Harrow is very, very fast…even in crocs.

18. bham
    8:21 am September 29, 2011 Permalink

I gotta go next year when I build up some vacation days!

19. Twentieth!
    12:17 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

You gotta love the kid with the camo cut off jorts with argyle socks and new balance shoes from the 80s!

20. Real Cats Fan
    12:27 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

What is the over and under that Emmert tries to find a way to make the players’ pickup games with the fans a secondary NCAA rules violation? JK! GO CATS!

21. bluebloodedcatfan
    6:18 pm September 29, 2011 Permalink

we in eastern ky bleed blue . keep us informed from BBN ‘s capital .