Anthony Davis has been invited to the Team USA camp

davis-nike-future

According to ESPN’s Marc Stein, Anthony Davis has been invited to the Team USA mini-camp in late July in Las Vegas. Davis got a last minute chance to play for Team USA in the London Olympics last summer, and made the most of his opportunity, impressing the coaches and players so much that Coach K has invited him back for a mini-camp.

In case you missed it yesterday, Coach K announced he will return to coach Team USA in the World Cup of Basketball in Madrid in 2014 and the 2016 Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro. During the press conference announcing his return, Coach K said that the staff is really going to focus on developing the best talent into the best team, which they haven’t had time to do in the past.

Hopefully, we’ll see plenty more former Cats on those rosters.

In case you forgot, here are some of Anthony’s highlights from last summer:

9 Comments for Anthony Davis has been invited to the Team USA camp

1. uDWUIhwd
    1:22 pm May 23, 2013 Permalink

This is random, but for anyone else watching SVP and resillo (however you spell it), Is that a Kentucky helmet? If it is, I like it, I have always been partial to just the “K” instead of the UK. Also cool that it is black.

2. Han
    1:31 pm May 23, 2013 Permalink

Team USA really needs to develop more big men. Dwight’s not a guarantee, and Davis with more years under his belt will begin to dominate. Boogie would be a good pick if K could get him to control himself. When he’s on his game, he’s one of the best under the basket.

John Wall will have a good shot, I bet, with the way he’s upped his game lately in response to criticism. If K wants to built around a core of youth, he’d be a good pick, though Irving is probably gonna be wanted. I’d love to see Bledsoe get a shot, but he’s already buried on his own team behind Paul. A lot of our guys may get a shot at playing in the world champs even if not the Olympics.

I wonder if Lebron and Melo will be back. Lebron seemed quite opposed to the idea of putting an age cap on it. I’m assuming Durant will be back at the core, unless he decides to focus in the offseason on improving his own team’s chance at a NBA title.

3. Other wildcats
    1:33 pm May 23, 2013 Permalink

1) No its a Kansas State helmet. Notice the K is purple not blue

4. JVice
    1:48 pm May 23, 2013 Permalink

20+ seconds of a 50 second video is credits and commercials? really?

5. Starters
    1:55 pm May 23, 2013 Permalink

Kyrie, Steph Curry, Durant, Lebron, Ant Davis

6. OrlandoCat
    1:59 pm May 23, 2013 Permalink

Anyone else think coach K only came back to coach the USA team to prevent Cal from doing it an expanding the UK brand?

7. wofnewifn
    2:13 pm May 23, 2013 Permalink

3) ah, okay I couldnt tell if it was blue or purple on my TV. I also didnt know K-State had the same “K”. I like that helmet though.

6) Completely agree

8. wofnewifn
    2:18 pm May 23, 2013 Permalink

Aslo, maybe they keep Coach K so it will be unbiased; his former Duke players are too crappy to play on Team USA.

9. Roy Hobbs
    3:44 pm May 23, 2013 Permalink

Worst highlight reel ever.