Anthony Bennett trims his list to five; UK makes the cut

2012 power forward Anthony Bennett of Findlay Prep in Las Vegas has cut his list down to five schools, with Kentucky making the final five. The Cats join Washington, Florida, UNLV and Oregon as the quintet of suitors for Bennett’s services, according to a Zags Blog report quoting Bennett’s AAU coach.

Bennett is the #4 power forward and #7 overall player in the class of 2012 according to Rivals, and the #2 power forward and #9 overall prospect in the class in the Scout rankings. Translation: He’s pretty good and would make a very nice addition to Kentucky’s already solid class for 2012. This is what he looks like when he plays, via the obligatory YouTube highlight video:

Article written by Hunter Campbell

I used to write here.

23 Comments for Anthony Bennett trims his list to five; UK makes the cut

1. Old Henry Man
    4:18 pm January 8, 2012 Permalink

It appears that Cal wants another big guy in this class. Bennett or Tony Parker would be a good addition.

2. Grapevine
    4:21 pm January 8, 2012 Permalink

Khem Birch is deciding between Florida and UNLV tonight and that could have bearing on Bennett’s choice.

3. Keith Richards' Noggin'
    4:21 pm January 8, 2012 Permalink

I agree #1. Either would help round out a top notch recruiting class…

4. Jacob
    4:47 pm January 8, 2012 Permalink

Was Beckmam on the bench yesterday I didn’t see him

5. Bbn
    4:48 pm January 8, 2012 Permalink

I don’t think I seen him 4

6. Bbn
    4:52 pm January 8, 2012 Permalink

Who do you all thin will go pro after this yr I just think Davis and jones to be honest. I think mkg will stay and lamb needs to stay and Teague also

7. CatsfanNLville
    5:00 pm January 8, 2012 Permalink

I heard somewhere that beckham was out with stomach bug or some kind of illness?? not sure if thats correct or not. MKG is gone no doubt so is Davis and Jones (if he really is BACK). Lamb more than likely is gone as well, but could use one more year. Teague I think could use another year but if he turns it on at the end of the year could be gone. I say Lamb and Teague back all others (davis,jones,gilly the kid) gone IMHO

8. Bbn
    5:04 pm January 8, 2012 Permalink

I gotta felling that gilly will be back

9. Jacob
    5:05 pm January 8, 2012 Permalink

Thanks 7. Teague and Lamb wil be back IMO

10. jpgott
    5:11 pm January 8, 2012 Permalink

I am feeling more comfortable, when I see Cal, going after a big with the size and quality of Bennett. Look at his shoulders, and his shear width! That is a strong kid!

11. Jacob
    5:16 pm January 8, 2012 Permalink

it looks like anthony bennett plays against 5th graders

12. CatsfanNLville
    5:37 pm January 8, 2012 Permalink

I hope your correct #9 I think both teague and lamb could use another year, and actually as a mid season grade I would think Jones could benefit another year. BUT with Liggins bledsoe and orton in past years being drafted rather well I could not rule out any of the guys at least “testing the waters”.

13. just saying
    5:37 pm January 8, 2012 Permalink

So UNLV could land Bennett and Shabazz? Thats difficult to believe

14. GoCats2010
    5:45 pm January 8, 2012 Permalink

that’s a big dude

15. im not exactly forsure
    5:51 pm January 8, 2012 Permalink

i think cal will get bennett with next years class. i can see mkg comin back but no one else hopefully davis. we dont need lamb as much as we need teague. we could have teague, harrow, mkg, beckham, davis, poytrhess, goodwin, cauley, bennett and that would be a solid team. you throw lamb in there also that deffinately a championship.

16. CatsfanNLville
    5:54 pm January 8, 2012 Permalink

UNLV must be doing what Baylor is doing…..what that is I’m not sure yet lol

17. Dacci
    6:16 pm January 8, 2012 Permalink

no offense, but you all are smoking something if you think MKG will stay. He’s in the running for foty and hes a projected lottery… I honestly only see Teague and Wiltjer back next season.

18. blue suede shoes
    6:27 pm January 8, 2012 Permalink

8 and 15, don’t be morons. MKG is gone.

19. MemphisCat
    6:49 pm January 8, 2012 Permalink

This kid is made a highlight from one game. He looks like a all-around player.

20. SagaciousMind
    6:53 pm January 8, 2012 Permalink

Some of you seem to think Davis is gone, but I dont think that’s the case. Same for MKG. Those kids dont really care about the NBA right now and want to get better. I know Davis will probably be #1 pick so coming back would seem dumb, but not really. He goes to the NBA now he will be exposed bc he is way to weak to play inside with the likes of Amare Stoudamire and Dwight Howard. Work on the offense and get better. I could see everyone coming back if they wanted to, but I think Jones leaves if he has a good season and he could be the only one. Lamb will leave if he’s projected 1st rd, he seems like he’s ready to get to the NBA. As for Anthony Bennet, I really hope Cal get this kid. If not, then Tony Parker or Ricardo Gathers. We need some beef down low. But like I say, I dont think we have the mass exodus everyone is expecting, especially if we dont win the NCAA championship.

21. MacGruber
    8:52 pm January 8, 2012 Permalink

Saga please!

22. James K
    9:34 pm January 8, 2012 Permalink

Dude dunks it with some thunder.

23. KDubb
    5:40 pm January 9, 2012 Permalink

Enjoy Gilchrist and Davis this year, as the chances of them coming back are slim to none. Both are lottery picks and Cal will advise them to go pro.