Anthony Bennett Had Visitors Last Night

It looks like some suitors made the trip to the Jordan Brand Classic to visit with the 5-star big man.  He was one of only two uncommited players in the game (the other being Tony Parker, who recently dropped UK, presumably because they were looking elsewhere harder).  UF, UNLV, and Oregon all met with Anthony Bennett after last night’s game.

UF is without a doubt the team to beat for UK in this race.  Bennett would be a perfect counterpart to Noel in the post for next year’s Cats.  Poythress, Goodwin, and Noel are all trying to convince Bennett to head to Lexington and bring home #9.  ZagsBlog has confirmed this tidbit and is also reporting that AB will be setting his visits at the end of this week.  Anthony has yet to take an official visit, which is strange as this juncture in the recruiting process.  He plans to decide by early May.

Article written by Chris Thomas

9 Comments for Anthony Bennett Had Visitors Last Night

1. rodgers
    3:04 pm April 15, 2012 Permalink

Unless Billy is telling him he will start at the 3 there is no way Bennet is gonna start over Young or Murphy… Cal should be able to get him

2. reedwizard
    3:25 pm April 15, 2012 Permalink

#1 I see him starting at the 4 spot for us too. Plus, UF is all about the guards, and they’ll have plenty of guards next year. Hopefully he has a great time when he visits.

3. WhatSheOrder?FishFilet?
    4:01 pm April 15, 2012 Permalink

he’ll be a cat

4. Hairy Recluse
    4:49 pm April 15, 2012 Permalink

Sounds to me like his decision is made.

5. SeaBlue
    5:13 pm April 15, 2012 Permalink

We need Bennett! With his friendship with Noel and Goodwin hopefully it will happen.

6. Elmer
    5:47 pm April 15, 2012 Permalink

Bennett would be better off to go to Kentucky. He would get better opportunities at UK, instead of playing second fiddle to Boynton and Patric Young and the rest. Kentucky is a much better basketball school.

Lexington is a much better place to live in, too.

I have degrees from UK and UF, and I know what I’m talking about. Gainesville is just a rednecky little southern football town, really. There isn’t anything there except UF. Without the university, Gainesville would just be a trailer court next to I-75.

7. Elmer
    5:49 pm April 15, 2012 Permalink

Bennett, want to go to the NBA? Then go to Kentucky. At Florida, football is everything. It’s second-rate for basketball. At UK, you get the escalator to the NBA, instead of having football players pushing you off the sidewalk.

8. Brad
    6:53 pm April 15, 2012 Permalink

I am trying to figure out why Cal did not join the party last night. My guess is that he knew that three teams were going to share time trying to pitch their programs to AB last night. I bet Cal is simply waiting until he can get him 1-on-1 to give the best pitch of all time: “We are college basketball. You will be a God at Kentucky, and we will win the National Championship…again. You may only score 12 points per game, but you will be a top-10 lottery pick after one season. We have Keeneland, which =’s sundress wearing whores that will do anything for a UK bball player. Did I leave anything out? No.”

9. Poysboy
    2:11 am April 16, 2012 Permalink

I think Cal should get Bennett. Parker runs out of juice and needs constant rest. He would be a big body in the paint but I don’t think he can run the court in Cals system. He needs to get back early to help defend the post but I think. He will be the last player up court.