Another look at UK’s Winter Conditioning Drills

Yesterday, UK released a behind-the-scenes look at the team’s winter conditioning drills, led by the Cats’ new Director of High Performance Erik Korem. They’ve released a second video, in which Korem leads the team’s skilled players through various drills. Enjoy.

“ON THE INSIDE OF THE CONE!!!!!”

28 Comments for Another look at UK’s Winter Conditioning Drills

1. BBBBBNNNNNNNN
    1:32 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

STOOOOPPPSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. eric
    1:32 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

Go cats!

3. jj
    1:33 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

Absolutely can not wait for the open spring practices and especially the Spring game.

4. sec tourney tix
    1:34 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

i have 5 books for sale. I buy bama season tix just so i can get them. section 326 row g. $345 per book i can meet you with tix. text me at 8594667277 if interested.

5. JC
    1:37 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

Korem should write a book. I am headed outside to run in the snow. Thanks for posting these. I could use one everyday.

6. hunter.by90
    1:40 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

what side of the cones should we be on?

7. Kristen Geil's Abs
    1:45 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

Today I’ll be doing crunches for Nerlens.

8. Sam
    1:50 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

Chills! Feels like we are getting an army ready…

9. norm
    1:52 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

I understand we are all ready and excited for football, but every team in the country are doing these exact drills we are.

10. Glass Half Empty
    1:59 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

9 – I couldnt agree with you more. You are a wise man.

11. Really!
    2:00 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

Too much publicity I must say. All the bigger programs must already be doing all these drills. Joker may have been doing the same kind of drills too for all we know.

12. UKBlue
    2:05 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

God only knows what Joker wasn’t doing !!

13. El Pollo Loco
    2:08 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

Much like everything Cal does has a purpose, I believe Stoops is the same way and the purpose of these from the football team are marketing to get fans pumped (seems to be working) and recruiting. Allow prospects some inside peeks at the team and produce something that can spread socially.

14. UKfanNKY
    2:26 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

NICE!!! I could care less if every team in the Country are doing these exact same drills # 9&10 but you can bet your sweet ass KENTUCKY IS DOING THEM BETTER and HARDER than every Team in the Country and it will show in a couple of years!!! GO CATS!!!

15. Hokey Pete
    2:41 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

#9, I’m not so sure about that. I think a good S&C program can make a difference, and I don’t think all the programs are the same, either in philosophy or accountability. I have no idea if UK’s current program is any better than its old one, but I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that it is, and that it will make a difference.

16. tbradg
    2:46 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

Our men are working hard for guys…let’s do the same for them!

I, for one, PLEDGE that I will arrive to tailgate at least 30 minutes earlier than I ever have, I will drink 1 less beer before the game (with the option to Defer to half time or after the game) and I will attend at least 1 road game this year.

WHO’s WITH ME!!!???

17. brian b
    3:06 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

Every program might be doing this, but glad to see UK trying to get fans/recruits excited about the program. Doing stuff like this can only help!

18. MustangCat
    3:14 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

If Joker was doing ANYTHING near this intense, these guys wouldn’t be struggling so much…. He wouldn’t have to be splainin the meaning of it all?!?! I think when we start hearing from some of the players about the difference, that’s when we’ll know the half of it.

19. BigRush
    3:16 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

9 and 10 never played competetive sports. Disregard their comments. Hard work will pay off. Different work ethics and mindsets change teams and outcomes of games. Go STOOPS!

20. 16 got it
    3:18 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

I ,a college kid of legal age who resides on the great street of Waller, pledge that I will;
    Switch from bourbon to beer 2 hours prier to kick off.
    To give 80% of my attention to the game and only 20% to the sundress walking around.
    Start at least 3 cats chants a quarter While Installing my own air raid sirens
    But most of all I promise to watch football as if couch Cal’s life depended on it

21. Amped
    3:26 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

Media dept does a great job with these videos. These guys are putting in work!!! #9&#11 I don’t think all the other programs are doing this. I’m pretty sure I-64 west ghetto U s&c program consist of beating your teammates, running from police, and throwing up “l” s.

22. kramer
    3:42 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

I’m tired just watching………

23. goukats
    4:05 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

I’m sure evgery team has a conditioning program,but the differences show when they start competing in the games.And from watching UK during the Joker years it was obvious they were doing lettle in conditioning for SEC competition.We will see when this team takes the field in September if there is a marked difference.Personnally ,i hope there is a huge difference.

24. Morgan Newton
    4:23 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

I miss the days of laying around practice and chasing down the ice cream truck.

25. E-town
    6:07 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

When Rock Oliver arrived we all thought he would put us over the top. Everyone, even UL, is working hard right now. In the end you have to have the athletes to compete.

26. gvillecat
    7:33 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

24. lol, fantastic!

27. Wildcatwill
    8:23 pm February 27, 2013 Permalink

24—yeah when I saw the ice cream truck video last year I knew we were done. Kind of like when Mumme did away with contact in practices. Glad there is a new program that will hopefully change things

28. I-scream man
    4:23 am February 28, 2013 Permalink

Couldn’t we have at least brought in some pints of Ben & Jerry’s, Haagendaas, Coldstone Creamery. Or Baskin Robbins instead of the scary stranger-danger ice cream van???