Andrew Wiggins visiting Florida State today

Photo by William Warfield

After the Big Blue Nation showered him with love at the Marshall County Hoop Fest over the weekend, it’s Florida State’s turn to woo Andrew Wiggins. Wiggins is in Tallahassee for the next two days on his official visit. Kentucky and Florida State are considered the leaders for the #1 recruit in the 2013 class.

Tomorrow night, he’ll attend the Florida State/Florida game. Wiggins’ teammate Xavier Rathan-Mayes, who has already comitted to the Seminoles, tweeted this last night:

Do they really call it “Tally”? SMH…don’t have too much fun, Andrew.

29 Comments for Andrew Wiggins visiting Florida State today

1. lawnorder
    1:04 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

Wiggins down to UK and Fla, hearing Minnesota in the mix lately, that damn Tubby!

2. FSU Crowd
    1:05 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

Wonder what Wiggins will think when FL gets up by 25 points late and the FSU fans flock out the door

3. BoogieFan
    1:05 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

If Tally was so great, Mark Stoops would have stayed there.

4. Saint. X
    1:10 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

Tallahassee is really gonna hate us by the end of the year. Gonna steal Wiggins, Stoops, Elliot, and Coley!

5. Stalker
    1:15 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

Lawnnorder, you are a stalker personality — hope you aren’t taking prescription drugs which will mess with you mind and cause you to hurt any of your stalking targets — glad Tubby has left the state, or we’d probably have to issue an EPO against you. You’re sick. For those who don’t know, this “damns Tubby” in about every post, Truly a sick mind.

6. I Say
    1:19 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

Whats wrong with calling it Tally? 90% of uk students call Lexington Lex unless they’re asian in which case they call it Rex

7. I Say
    1:21 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

#5 I agree, #1 your annoying stop. Its not funny in the least bit

8. Zach from Florida
    1:21 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

I’m from Gainesville, and Tallahassee is called Tally. Kind of like Cincinnati is Cinci. Gainesville is Gville. Orlando, Otown, etc. Everyplace has a nickname.

9. Biglaw Dawgin'
    1:29 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

Not one of the best basketball schools, but that is a fun place to go to school. His visit will probably be something like Ray Allen’s visit in “He Got Game.”

10. MemphisCat
    1:39 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

He needs to go to see that Tally isn’t anything like Kentucky. There will be more FL fans there then Tally Fans. He will say the weather is nice, but the fans at the KY high school games were better then his Tally visit. I think he is just going to solidify his pick in UK, like Towns did with Puke.

11. RichieFarmer'sMustache
    1:40 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

This kid’s going to be the #1 pick in the 2014 NBA draft whether he comes here or goes to Devry University. It boils down to does he want it to be a one man show, or does he want to win a national championship.

12. Bunzz
    1:42 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

I heard from a really good source (seriously) at hoop fest, that FSU not really a player. It is actually coming down to UK and UNC.

13. BigBlueCPA
    1:46 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

Tally? As in Tallywhacker?

14. schwing
    1:49 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

yes, and all 10 florida state basketball fans who choose to follow XRM on twitter will be sure to attend.

15. what i heard at hoopfest
    1:55 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

I went to Marshall County Hoopfest this weekend and two assistant coaches from huntington prep sat behind me and was talking to another coach/scout and told him wiggins was not going to kentucky because he wanted to be “the man”. Of course they might not know any more than anybody else or could just be blowing smoke. Just telling you what I heard. Also i have a friend who talked to Joe B. Hall at the game and my friend said something about wiggins being really good and Joe B said yes but he was there to see cliff alexander. The next game cliff’s team played I think it was oak hill and his team kinda sucked compared to oak hill but cliff is a MAN and i hope he comes to ky.

16. Bunzz
    2:00 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

15- Agreed about Cliff Alexander. He is a Beast!

17. Ryan
    2:04 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

#15 in case you have haven’t heard the Huntington Prep coach doesn’t like Kentucky for some reason. I thought we did good with Patterson. It should come as no surprise they are spreading rumors that he won’t be at Kentucky. The coaches told him to open up his recruitment.

18. Ryan
    2:06 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

I was at the Hoopfest as well. Cliff was a beast. Not that he needs extra exposure, but he should transfer to a better school.

19. Troy
    2:09 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

he wants to let them down in person. very classy.

20. UKBlue
    2:35 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

This just shows how a stupid parent can screw up their kid; parents should want the best of their kid, trying to even compare FSU & UK in basketball is like trying to compare FSU & UK in football.

21. hellcat
    2:50 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

#6 – lmao!

22. BirdFlu
    3:02 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

#6

I learry rove rex

23. G-Unit
    3:03 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

6- I spit my drink out when i read that!

24. STEVE!
    3:24 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

I hope Wiggins is just keeping Fla. State on his list to be polite and respectful, since his parents went there. The Harrison twins, Young, and Lee all seemed to have schools with a personal attachment on their list (Harrisons – Maryland; Young – Michigan State; Lee – California), but all seemed to have no real interest in them compared to UK.

25. truth
    3:27 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

Once the check clears, Wiggins will decide to come here.

26. paisan
    4:35 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

Keep in mind whats really important to this kid. Playing in front of a college crowd at a “real basketball school” and winning a national championship are insignificant. He’ll be playing for NBA and Olympic championships soon enough. This kid is more likely to embrace the last year of real childhood he has left and live it up at the fun school with his buddy XRM.

27. Bobbum man
    6:32 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

Lets not forget wiggins brother said he wants him to go to UK…. Hope he likes his brother

28. CATS
    6:54 pm December 4, 2012 Permalink

People say winning a NC is ‘insignificant’ to these kids, but how do we know? If I’m a kid that is basically being ‘forced’ to attend college for a year before heading to the NBA, I would want to go to a school that gives me the best chance to win and best prepare me for the NBA. If winning wasn’t that important to them why do a lot of them decide to go to the same high schools together. They could easily stay at a school where they are the best player on their team and then just play for a good AAU team to get exposure for coaches to see them. Also, if going to the NBA is the only thing important to them, wouldn’t they wan to go to the school that gets the most exposure for NBA scouts? Kentucky is one of the best at getting exposure.

29. joe