Andrew Wiggins puts on a show for Big Blue Nation

(h/t Scott Anderson)

In front of a crowd that included hundreds of Kentucky fans clad in blue and white, John Calipari, Orlando Antigua, Kenny Payne and the WBA– the #1 player in the 2013 recruiting class put on a show. Andrew Wiggins’ afternoon started a little slow, but he finished strong with 17 point to go with 11 rebounds (6-18 FG). Wiggins was able to lead his Huntington Prep team to a win over Christian Faith 61-44. According to those in attendance, on a number of spectacular plays late, the crowd erupted into “Go Big Blue” chants. Well done, #BBN. Well done. The crowd was estimated to be approximately 80% or more Kentucky fans.

If you want to watch Wiggins in action, a replay of the game will be shown at 8:00 p.m. on CWKYT out of Lexington.

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

24 Comments for Andrew Wiggins puts on a show for Big Blue Nation

1. BBN
    5:46 pm November 18, 2012 Permalink

Could care less until he commits to Kentucky.

2. I'm Batman
    5:50 pm November 18, 2012 Permalink

1 – how much less could you care? Seriously, why is it so hard to get the phrase right. It is ” couldn’t care less.” Almost as people saying mute point instead of moot.

3. Parker
    5:53 pm November 18, 2012 Permalink

Yea.. Who cares Ppsshshhh.. What channel is that on insight.. (in Louisville) ??

4. Jordan
    6:07 pm November 18, 2012 Permalink

Wiggins didn’t have his best game tonight. That being said, he’s an absolute freak/beast/baller. Jumper looks pure, athleticism is out of this world, demeanor is great, I’m more than impressed. Can’t wait to see him in BLUE. Our 1, 2, 3 combo next year will be the best of all time. Anyone who says Wiggins isn’t all that and some is blind or ignorant. He has NBA Allstar written all over him. It wa a pleasure to watch the young man. Can’t wait. BBN.

5. Cpg
    6:14 pm November 18, 2012 Permalink

I Agree… All the stats don’t mean jack, untill he signs !’!!!

6. Adam
    6:27 pm November 18, 2012 Permalink

1, you are an idiot
    To anyone that was there, any reaction from Wiggins to the chants?

7. Bog Seager
    6:45 pm November 18, 2012 Permalink

2 – you knew what he meant though. For all intensive purposes he got his point across.

8. Coach hicks
    6:45 pm November 18, 2012 Permalink

I was there and I will just say that Wiggins is a monster! Even though he only had 17 PTs tonight, you could clearly see all the skills he has. Kid is just really good…. Only way to describe him. I think he would’ve scored more if his teammates would’ve passed him the ball more. Thank god Xavier rattan-Mayes chose fsu because he is a selfish ball hog. Kid shot it everytime he touched it. He led all scores but I didn’t pay to watch him. Sorry buddy. However to answer one of the questions above about wiggins’ reaction to the chants is that he never once changed his facial expression. He never smiled or frowned. He just balled!!! I hope we get him!!!! Go cats

9. BBN
    6:47 pm November 18, 2012 Permalink

Couldn’t care less…

10. Carolinablue
    6:48 pm November 18, 2012 Permalink

I was at the game. Wiggins didn’t have a great game but did seem like a good kid. The guy on his team that has signed with FSU probably led them in scoring but he also took a lot of shots. I’m sure any team would like to have Wiggins.

11. AY
    7:13 pm November 18, 2012 Permalink

Wiggins was very classy after the game, giving autographs and taking pictures. I mentioned to the guy on Andrew’s team – the one who is going to Baylor – that they’ll play against each other next year and he seemed to agree, so hopefully thats a good sign for Wiggins coming to UK.

12. I'm Batman
    7:20 pm November 18, 2012 Permalink

7 – I hope that was dome on purpose. Intensive purposes? Haha. For those that don’t know, it’s intents and purposes. Good one.

13. blue to the bone
    7:24 pm November 18, 2012 Permalink

Wiggins can leap out of the gym. His ball handling skills are good. His outside shot needs some work. There were 3 or 4 better shooters on the floor. The other team had really big good D1 prep players players that could guard him. They would not allow him to run out or drive the lane. He only made 6 of 18 shots from the floor. He had 1 dunk on a rebound. He is a really good high school player. He is no more than 6 foot 6. He is about like Archie Goodwin in his style. Hope this helps…

14. What?
    7:41 pm November 18, 2012 Permalink

#13, he is not secon coming of Labron?

15. Robukpt
    7:51 pm November 18, 2012 Permalink

“Intents and purposes”

16. Your6thGradeEnglishTeacher
    7:52 pm November 18, 2012 Permalink

@7 you’re going to give #2 crap for correcting #1 and then say something like “all intensive purposes”?!? Good lord man, it’s “all intents and purposes”.

17. Dee Snutz
    7:52 pm November 18, 2012 Permalink

Intents and purposes, actually. Not intensive purposes.

18. Good one
    7:53 pm November 18, 2012 Permalink

@7 Bob Seager – I see what you did there. But like you said, it’s all one in the same.

19. jonboy
    7:55 pm November 18, 2012 Permalink

what channel is CWKYT on directv? i checked the guide on my local channels and can’t find the game..anyone help me?

20. Blueswade
    8:53 pm November 18, 2012 Permalink

C’mon guys get the phrases right…..it ain’t rocket surgery !

21. JEREMY
    9:26 pm November 18, 2012 Permalink

BBN or whatever you call yourself, we know your not a fan of the real BBN. So go to your cards board and discuss your team and leave our team to us. Get a life man and quit tryn to make my team look bad. GO CATS!!!

22. The Real BBN
    9:43 pm November 18, 2012 Permalink

I couldn’t care less…

23. Tmart
    10:21 pm November 18, 2012 Permalink

The Harrison Twins and Wiggins will be at the Marshall County Hoopsfest on November 30th and Dec 1st. I’m sure there will be a huge Big Blue crowd!!

24. Boobs McGee
    7:05 am November 19, 2012 Permalink

I’m pretty sure “intensive purposes” was a joke.